Whether you’re using them to increase muscle mass or drop your body fat levels, there’s a SARM out there for everyone. Harness the Growth Hormone receptor with MK-677 or massively boost muscle protein synthesis with RAD 140.
Going on a SARMs cycle might not be as bad as a Steroid cycle, but you still have to be an adult. Let me teach you everything about time on and time off with SARMs.
Warning: The content on Muscleandbrawn.com and the information included in this article is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to buying anything, check that it is compliant where you live with your current government laws. We frequently mention research chemicals that are not made for human consumption. Therefore, before purchasing any product for personal use, consult with your doctor or healthcare provider first.
- There is no direct ratio of time on and time off for SARM cycles
- Typically, you need to look at blood work to see what the next step is
- You will also need to use a Post Cycle Therapy protocol to ensure the health
How long do you take between SARM Cycles?
Let’s just jump right in. You already know what SARMs are, you know how these ‘performance-enhancing supplements’ work and you know that they bind to some of the androgen receptors in the body allowing for muscle growth and an increase in bone density.
But now that you’ve completed your cycle, how long till your next cycle? Before we can answer that, you need to consider a few things:
- What are your health markers looking like? Depending on the type and severity of the cycle you just ran, you need to look for certain things. Check that your body’s hormones are where they need to be, and check other cardiovascular factors
- How did the cycle go? If it went tits up, you might need to do research and see why. Did you not train hard? Did you have a shitty diet? Solving problems now could avoid bigger ones down the road
- Identify your next goal. If you have just gained 40 lbs but a lot of it was fat, another bulking phase might not be a good idea. Understanding what your next goal is will give clarity toward your PCT and off-period
So, how long do you take between cycles?!
THERE IS NO ANSWER. IT DEPENDS.
The biggest limiting factors are health, finances, time, and mentality. If your health markers come back great after your PCT, you’re good. If you have the cash, you’re good. If you have the time to train and diet right for the next cycle, you’re good. And if you are still motivated, you’re good.
A general rule of thumb is time on and time off. You spend the same amount of time off as you did on. Some people include the PCT in that off time, some do not. Only you can decide if you want to.
One more thing to consider is that not all cycles are equal. Running a low dose and a short of time is fine. Run a full dosage, balls to the wall, f*ck my kidneys upcycle and your off time may need to be long. Long.
How long can you stay on SARMs?
Now that you have somewhat of an idea of how long to stay off SARMs, now you might be asking how long you can use them in the first place. Again, various factors like which SARM you’re using, what doses you’re running, and how healthy you are all come into play.
Typically, you would also look at your blood work to see when you’ve had enough. What you would NOT do is set yourself a goal and blast until you reach it.
Thus, the recommended cycle length is as long as needed, but as short as possible.
Signs to stop using SARMs?
The body starts throwing up subtle signs that it might be time to stop blasting, so, here are a few to look out for:
- Once your blood pressure or lipid levels rise too high
- Massive acne breakouts
- Yellowing of skin
- Liver or kidney markers rising too high
- C-Reactive Protein rising too high
How to PCT for SARMs?
Using Post Cycle Therapy is something that started with Steroid users, and simply means doing a cycle of other drugs after your SARM cycle to increase natural Testosterone levels, improve health, and keep Estrogen at bay.
We will discuss the best PCT products in a moment, but there are plenty of other things you also need to do to ensure your natural Test production improves as well as your health:
- If you bulked, losing fat will reduce blood pressure and aid in health
- Doing a combination of HIIT and LISS cardio will improve health
- Drinking plenty of water will reduce kidney strain
- Avoid alcohol to give the liver a break
- Train harder than before and diet equally hard
What are the side effects of coming off SARMs?
- High Estrogen
- Low Testosterone levels
- Potential androgenic effects (Hair loss, acne, etc)
- Reduce energy levels
- Worsening of body composition
Are the side effects of SARMs permanent?
No, they rarely are. Unlike certain Anabolic Steroids that can cause permanent mental damage, the side effects of SARMs will seize to exist if you live healthily and follow the correct PCT protocol.
The one side effect you do want to look at is gonadal glands being affected. If your gonads have undergone damage you need to fix it ASAP (with a PCT).
Best PCT Products for SARMs
Best AI for SARMs
AI or Aromatase Inhibitors will stop any Testosterone from converting into Estrogen, and will also increase Luteinizing Hormones and Follicle-stimulating Hormones – increasing Testosterone levels.
The best AI for SARMs would be Aromasin. Aromasin is not too strong, and will not cause the Estrogen relapse that other AIs would.
Best SERM for SARMs
SERMs or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators will bind to Estrogen receptors and cause a release of Luteinizing Hormones and Follicle-stimulating Hormones, thereby increasing natural Testosterone.
It will also stop any Gyno from forming as it blocks Estrogen at the nipples as well.
The best SERM for SARMs would be Enclomiphene, seeing as it does not have the severe mental side effects that Clomid has.
Best Health Supplements for SARMs
Obviously, your health will take a hit while you are on your SARM cycle. Here is a list of supplements or other research chemicals you can use to improve health:
- Acetyl Cysteine
How to Avoid Testosterone Suppression on SARMs Cycle?
The next big question people ask is how to avoid Testosterone suppression due to SARM use. Most of the stronger SARMs will reduce Testosterone, similar to how Anabolic Steroids would. Worth the lean muscle mass? Depends on your personal preference.
The only way to avoid the reduction in Test is to either use HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) or perhaps even a SERM (enclomiphene).
How do I keep my gains after SARM cycle?
Retaining muscle mass is the number one goal after completing your cycle of Selective Androgen Receptor modulators. There are a few things you need to do to increase muscle retention:
- Ensure you keep training hard and eat a diet rich in calories and protein
- Sleep more than 8 hours per day
- Ensure you do a full PCT at full dosage
But one of the best things you can do is use Peptides. Peptides are not nearly as invasive as SARMs or Anabolic Steroids and can help you gain muscle mass, reduce body fat, and even aid in boosting energy.
A SARM cycle followed by a Peptide cycle is quite common in those that want to retain as much muscle mass as possible. There are plenty of Peptides to consider:
- The best would be pure Human Growth Hormone (HGH). This will not only help you gain muscle, boost bone density, and aid in fat loss but will help with joint health and hair health
- IGF-1 will do a very similar job to HGH but will aid more in building muscle
- HGH Fragment will help you lose fat
- CJC 1295 will increase natural HGH levels
- MGF can help you recover faster
While Peptides do have far fewer side effects than taking SARMs, you still need to research anything you take to have optimal results.
Conclusion: Time between SARM Cycles
All in all, the time you take off between cycles should be longer rather than shorter. Allow Test levels to increase again, blood pressure and cholesterol to drop, and your body to heal before you even think about taking any other popular SARMs.
You only have one health – take care of it.
How long should you cycle SARMs?
A typical SARMs cycle can last anything between 8 – 14 weeks.
How long should you PCT off SARMs?
Depending on the severity of the cycle, you might need a PCT that will span 2 – 3 weeks.
Do SARMs mess with your hormones?
Yes, SARMs can mess with Test levels, Estrogen, Progesterone, and HGH levels.
Do SARMs stay in your system?
Some can stay in your system for some time, yes. You will need to do research on which SARMs stay in you the longest before taking SARMs.
Do SARMs cause erectile dysfunction?
Those that cause Test levels to drop, yes. You can avoid this by using a proper PCT.
Can SARMs mess up your liver?
Certain SARMs are hepatotoxic, yes.