The detection window of any drug is important as this will not only let the user know how long it will take for the effects/side effects to subside, but obviously it’s important for testing!
Whether you’re worried your Misses finds out your recent interest in her is due to RAD 140 or if you’re afraid your Mr. Boss Man finds out there’s a reason you’re always so angry, knowing how long SARMs stay “in” you is essential.
While essential, it is unbelievably hard to pinpoint how long SARMs stay active within you. Let me (and the World Anti Doping Agency) tell you why…
Warning: The content on Muscleandbrawn.com and the information included in this article is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to buying anything, check that it is compliant where you live with your current government laws.
- SARMs can be used to increase lean muscles and decrease fat mass
- SARMs are detectable with a blood test and a urine test
- Various factors affect the detection window, including which SARM you use, half life, etc
How Long do SARMs Stay in your System?
SARMs or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators were developed to replace anabolic steroids in the medical world in the late 1900s . SARMs have far fewer sides than anabolic steroids, and overall they were better tolerated by women and children especially.
It wasn’t long before people noticed that (just like anabolic steroids) these could be used to improve physical activity – muscle growth, fat loss, etc .
The truth is that the amount of time SARMs stay in your system depends on a variety of factors, including which SARM you use (full list below).
Scientific data on this subject is scarce, however, data on how long steroids stay in your system is plenty. We can extrapolate that there are several factors that affect the SARMs detection window and can change it by two to three weeks!
So, which factors are these?
Factors that influence SARM Detection Windows
- Your genetic make up: Logic will dictate that since some SARMs ‘work’ for you and some don’t certain SARMs might stay in you for a bit longer. There is no real metabolic rate at which SARMs will decay for certain groups of people, unfortunately
- Lean body mass: One of the biggest factors influencing how fast any drug works or ‘lasts’ is lean muscle mass, and the ratio of muscle mass to fat mass , “lean body weight increases there will be a corresponding increase in drug clearance”
- A dietary supplement: Certain supplements like charcoal tablets might reduce the amount of time SARMs get picked up by a drug test
- Dosage and time spent ‘on’: This will be one of the biggest factors. If you take a large number of anabolic agents for a very long time, they’ll be easy to pick up
- Diet and activity: While certain foods might help, the biggest factors when it comes to diet and activity are metabolic rate, hydration, and the amount of food eaten. This could reduce the detection period for SARMs
Detection Windows for SARMs
How long does Ostarine (Enobosarm, MK2866, S22) stay in your system?
Up to 9 days after a single dose 
How long does Andarine (S4) stay in your system?
There is currently no peer-reviewed data to support an answer here
How long does LGD-4033 (Ligandrol) stay in your system?
Up to 21 days after administration 
How long does LGD-3033 stay in your system?
There is currently no peer-reviewed data to support an answer here
How long does RAD140 (Testolone) stay in your system?
Up to eight days after a single dose 
How long does S23 stay in your system?
S23 has not undergone human body studies, thus, no data is currently available
How long does SR9009 (Stenabolic) stay in your system?
Studies are unconclusive about this data
How long does Ibutamoren (MK-677, Nutrabol) stay in your system?
Up to two to three weeks after initial administration 
How long does GW501516 (GW1516, Cardarine, Endurobol) stay in your system?
Up to four to five weeks after initial administration 
How long does YK-11 stay in your system?
Upwards of 48 hours 
How does the World Anti Doping Agency Test for SARMs?
WADA can test in various methods, namely (from the WADA website):
- The athlete will choose a urine sample collection vessel from a selection made available by the doping control personnel
- If a blood sample is collected, the athlete will choose a blood collection kit from a selection made available by the doping control personnel
Will SARMs show up in Normal Drug Tests?
What you have to understand is that a normal drug test does not test for a similar compound to a WADA test would. People focus too much on the term “drug” but fail to realize testing for PEDs is very expensive.
Unless you have a very “serious” job that particularly tests for anabolic substances used in the bodybuilding world, you probably won’t have trouble with a urine test for recreational drugs.
That said, your employer does not have to disclose what they are testing for. Human sports drug testing looks for everything, and we know that, but your boss could be looking for only something, or everything – you’ll never know.
Are SARMs illegal?
The big question remains – are SARMs legal? Are SARMs going to land you in trouble if you buy or use them?
Firstly, SARMs are banned by WADA in all professional sports and can be found on their banned substances list. So, if you are a professional athlete, no bueno!
SARMs can be purchased by anyone as ‘research chemicals’ and ‘not for human use’. Certain countries might have individual laws on this.
Conclusion: How Long do SARMs Stay in your System
Writing this article was quite hard. Testing methods have been changing constantly and will continue to do so. Even at low concentrations, these most SARMs can be detected, and soon any amount will be detected.
How long SARMs stay in your system will depend on so many factors it’s almost too long to list. The same amount that stays in you for two weeks might stay in me for a month!
Common SARMs have some window of detection as mentioned, but take it with a grain of salt. These timelines can change on a dime, and certain factors affect the time more than you even realize.
Methods to detect SARMs will also continue to get better and soon the World Anti Doping Code will have complete control over any and all PED usage among professional athletes.
FAQs about SARM detection windows
Are SARMs allowed in the army?
No, neither SARMs nor Steroids are allowed in the Army. Many argue this rule since the goal is winning a war, and stronger soldiers would make the war last about a week. That said, no, SARMs are not allowed in the army.
Are SARMs anabolic steroids?
No. SARMs are not anabolic steroids and will not show up the same in blood test or any other drug tests. SARMs can be seen as the newest emerging doping agents as they were developed in the late 1900s to replace steroids in the medical world.
How long do SARMs last once Opened?
There is no real scientific data on this matter, however, anecdotal evidence would make us guess it could last 30 – 60 days. That said, you’re better off speaking with the manufacturer of the product to be sure.