Didst Chris Hemsworth taketh steroids to playeth the mighty Thor? Or was thy gains of a natural kind?!
Don’t worry this whole article won’t be written in Shakespearean…but the idea did cross my mind. So did Hemsworth use steroids to bulk up for the role of this Asgardian God? The general consensus is yes. And the reasoning for this is…
“He’s got to be on steroids, he’s jacked!”
However, this type of opinion holds no weight and lacks credibility. Size and muscular strength are not the only indicators of Steroid use, there are hundreds of others you might not have considered.
Everyone has different limits for building muscle. One guy who’s lifted weights for 20 years might be dwarfed by a genetically gifted 14 year old, who’s not even finished going through puberty yet…
So is Hemsworth natty or has the Marvel actor been juicing? (Not the fruit kind).
Here’s my findings…
- Chris Hemsworth gained 20lbs of muscle in preparation for Thor (2011)
- There is a high chance that Chris may be using anabolic Steroids
- We will never 100% know if he is Natty or Not
Who is Chris Hemsworth?
Chris was born in Melbourne, Australia, and has been acting for several years. His roles are usually more macho and definitely follow in the footsteps of other action men like Arnold and Sylvester.
Some of his most famous movies include Avengers (all of them), the Thor series, and Extraction.
Recently Chris has taken a step back from acting as a medical test found he is at a higher risk of developing Alzheimer’s than the average person. Why is this important in a Steroid article?
Well, certain Steroids (like the 19-Nor kind) can have a mental impact, and impede memory even more.
Is Chris Hemsworth on Steroids?
The signs whether someone is on Steroids or not can be extremely subtle, and to be honest, most people will not even realize. How am I able to say this? Take a look at the two pictures below – the person on the left has been on Steroids. The person on the right, has not.
As you can see, just taking Steroids won’t magically make you jacked and you can still be outworked by natural guys. So, what are the signs to look out for of Steroid use?
- Massive change in muscularity over a short time period. This will also usually coincide with a drop in body fat and the person tends to get a lot stronger and more confident as well
- Acne development particularly on the back
- Hair loss but this can also happen due to aging. That said, Steroids do accelerate hair loss
- Visual pinning sites are very hard to notice, but sometimes a bad shot will leave a bit of inflammation on the shoulders, buttocks, or other pinning sites
- Ability to stay in condition for a long time much easier than others. Those on Steroids can stay leaner and muscular for longer and at an easier pace than the rest of us
The images above will certainly make you think “sure, that’s a reasonable change of physique from a young adult into a healthy (but underweight) male”. Sure, and I’d possibly agree with you, however, when looking at his most ripped form to date (below), you begin to wonder…
He may or may not be on Steroids. He is most probably using some form of Growth Hormone. He is definitely using Creatine – lol.
Avoid Steroids: Get TRT Legally Prescribed Online
FountainTRT can prescribe you the perfect dose of pharmaceutical injectable or topical Testosterone, and their affordable blood work will keep you dialed in the long term for NO extra cost.
Does ‘Thor’ take Steroids?
Thor, the God of Thunder played by Chris, is a reasonably large being. In the comics he weighs well over 300 lbs and is strong enough to destroy planets. Unfortunately, Chris cannot do that in real life, regardless of how cool it’d look. Are there signs of Thor taking Steroids?
- He did gain more than 20 lbs of muscle for the role which is not unheard of for beginners, but not in the time frame given (without Steroids)
- He maintains his physique for months on end. This, again, is usually a tell tale sign that someone is using a little something other than Creatine
- There are no real other signs but the first two are more than enough
Conclusion: Is Hemsworh taking Steroids?
We will never know for certain if Chris is taking Steroids. We will always be guessing and wondering, but I’m willing to bet that he’s about to give them up. See, Steroids can have an impact on your mental health, particularly, your memory .
There are some Steroids that are much worse than others, but in reality they will all impact your cognitive ability. Since Chris has recently found out he may be at risk of Alzheimer’s, I’m willing to bet he’s ready to put down the needle (if he had it in the first place). Personally, I think he did.