Limited Time. For those with limited time, lifting often gets put on the back burner. But it doesn’t have to be set aside. The following workout plan can be performed in one or two days a week, and only takes one hour to perform.
But you have been warned…it’s not an easy routine. If you want to gain muscle mass in only one hour a week, you’re going to have to work for it.
Bulldozer style. The workout uses Bulldozer Training principles. For more on Bulldozer Training principles, click here.
The exercises. Perform the following exercises once each week as described…
- Squats. Perform one set of 20 reps, taking as much time as you need to finish the 20 reps.
- Deadlift. Perform one set of 10 reps, Bulldozer style. Rest only long enough between reps until you are sure you can perform another.
- Bench Press. Perform 1 set of 20 reps, Bulldozer style.
- Barbell Rows. Perform 1 set of 20 reps, Bulldozer style.
- Overhead Press. Perform 1 set of 20 reps, Bulldozer style.
- Choice. Perform one exercise of your choice, Bulldozer style. This exercise can be for abs, triceps, biceps, calves, etc.
One day a week. If you can only hit the gym one day this week, perform the exercises in the order as listed. This will be an intense workout, and you should easily be able to finish all 6 exercises in under an hour. Be sure to follow this workout with a huge meal, rich in protein, carbs and healthy fats.
Two day a week split. For two day a week split routines, make sure that you have at least two rest days between workouts. If this is not possible, consolidate the workouts into a single day.
- Day one. Squats, Bench Press, Overhead Press.
- Day two. Deadlift, Barbell Rows, Exercise of Choice.
Notes. You might feel that it is impossible to gain muscle and strength on such an abbreviated routine. it isn’t. Keep pushing for more reps/weight each workout (following Bulldozer training rules), eat big, and get plenty of sleep.
Weight training does not have to involve 2 hour sessions of 35 sets. Most lifters can gain muscle on only one hour a week of training. Give this routine a try, and let me know your results and feedback.