Want to look like Dennis Wolf, aka the big bad wolf?
You know, the monster you see ripped to shreds every year on the Mr Olympia stage.
Although he’s yet to win a sandow trophy, he’s one of the most respected IFBB pros around; due to his consistency and humble approach.
In this article we’ll reveal his workout, diet and supplements he uses, which you can replicate to get jacked.
Note: Although this workout and diet plan is solid, don’t expect to grow 22 inch arms like Dennis unless you’re on a continuous cocktail of anabolic steroids. Equally don’t discount his diet or workouts if you are a natty, as they’ll surely help you bust through some plateaus.
Dennis Wolf’s Pre-Contest Diet & Cardio Schedule
- 8:00am – 60 min on Treadmill
- 8:30am – 1 cup Oatmeal cooked, 10 Egg Whites, serving Protein Powder
- 11:00am – 5 oz. Lean Ground Beef, 2 oz. Cashews
- 1:30pm – 6oz. Chicken Breast (Boneless/skinless), 3 Whole Eggs
- 4:00pm – Lean Mass Matrix
- 7:00pm – Vitargo-CGL
- 7:30pm – 6oz. Flounder Broiled, 1 cup Green Beans
- 60 min on Treadmill
- 10:00pm – 2 serv. Protein Powder (Blend preferred)
Dennis Wolf’s Off-Season Eating Plan
- Meal 1 – 100 grams of protein from powder, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 banana
- Meal 2 – 40 grams protein powder (post-workout)
- Meal 3 – 10 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Meal 4 – 14 oz fish, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Meal 5 – 10 oz steak, 1/2 cup brown rice
- Meal 6 – 10 oz chicken breast, 10 oz potato
- Meal 7 – 80 grams protein from powder
His diet plan makes me instantly think of this meme…
Also if you copy this diet plan, we’d recommend throwing in a few more servings of fruit and veg in your meals. I’m sure Dennis takes a multi to make up for this.
It’s interesting to see how clean Dennis eats in the off season, with other IFBB pros in the past typically ballooning up by eating junk food. I remember Lee Priest in an iconic photo eating KFC chicken on the beach, getting swole.
This clean eating approach makes a lot of sense, as Dennis typically stays looking pretty sharp all year round – rather than having to go into panic mode and quickly shift 15 pounds of fat before September comes around.
Dennis Wolf’s Training Routine
Day 1 – Chest and Biceps
- Incline barbell bench press – 2 warm up sets, then 3×8-12
- Bench press – 2×8-12
- Incline flyes – 2×8-12
- Cable crossovers – 1×15
- Seated dumbbell curls – 2 warm up sets, then 2×10
- Barbell curls – 2×10
- One-arm cable curls – 1×12 each arm
Day 2 – Legs
- Leg extensions – 1 warm up set, then 3×15
- Leg press – 2×12
- Squats – 1×15, then 1×10
- Lying leg curls – 3×10-15
- Good mornings – 2×10
- One-legged curls – 1×10 each leg
- Standing calf raises – 3×15
- Sitting calf raises – 2×15
Day 3 – Back and Rear Delts
- Dumbbell pullovers – 1 warm up set, then 2×10
- Close grip pull downs – 2×10
- Barbell rows – 2×10
- Seated one arm rows – 1×12 each arm
- Lying reverse flyes – 3×12
- One arm cable reverse flyes – 2×12 each arm
- Shrugs – 2×10
Day 4 – Shoulders, triceps and abs
- Front shoulder press machine – 1 warm up set, then 3×10-12
- Dumbbell side lateral raise – 2×10
- One arm cable lateral raise – 1×10 each arm
- Cable push downs – 1 warm up set, then 3×10-12
- French press – 2×10
- One arm cable push downs – 1×15 each arm
- Sit ups – 3×15-20
Dennis surprisingly doesn’t spend much time in the gym, performing few sets for each muscle group. He also adopts a 4 day split, which is the minimum you should be working out to maintain your mass.
Insanely high volume workouts in the gym, are often deemed unattainable by natural bodybuilders, as guys on steroids have a superior ability to recover after each workout. This is why Arnold and co could get away with training several hours each day back in the 70’s. However it seems like Dennis and other IFBB pros today only spend minimal amounts of time in the gym.
This indicates that the German has freak-like genetics, and that the workout itself is just providing the stimulus for growth. You actually grow when you’re resting, with diet and sleep being responsible for a lot of your gains.
It’s also interesting to see that Dennis doesn’t lift insanely heavy, going for higher rep ranges (especially on chest and leg days).
What do you think of Dennis’ diet and workout program? Let us know if you try it out.
Best Steroid Stacks for SaleWe've scoured the web for our favorite steroid stack alternatives and came up with this.
Crazy Bulk has the bulking stack with alternatives to Dianabol, Trenbolone, Deca Durabolin and Testosterone.
They also have the cutting stack with alternatives to Anavar, Winstrol, Clenbuterol and Testosterone.
You can also buy them individually.
If you're interested in more potent compounds you can always check out the latest research on SARMs and buy them from Science.Bio.