Y3T Workout System – Yoda Three Training
Y3T training – or Yoda Three Training – was developed by bodybuilder Neil “Yoda” Hill. It cycles three different styles of training:
- Week 1 – Compound exercises involving the use of heavy weight.
- Week 2 – A mix of compound and isolation exercises using a more moderate weight.
- Week 3 – A mix of compound and isolation exercises with a focus on higher reps and high intensity.
Note: You will repeat this cycle 3 times, and then change exercises. Therefore, each cycle lasts 9 weeks. During each subsequent week, try to add more weight for all exercises.
Week 1 Workout. Use 2-3 basic, heavy compound exercises and work between the 6 to 10 rep range.
Week 2 Workout. Add in an isolation exercise, but keep this week close to week one as far as exercise selection goes. Work in the 10 to 14 rep range, and continue to use 2-3 sets per exercise.
Week 3 Workout. This is a crazy week. Work in the 14 to 30 (plus) rep range, and utilize your favorite high intensity techniques – drop sets, rest pause sets, giant sets, supersets. Reduce your workout volume and get intense! Week 3 is known as “total annihilation” week.
Week 1 Example for Chest Training
- Bench Press 2-3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press2-3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Decline Bench Press 2-3 sets of 6-10 reps
Week 2 Example for Chest Training
- Bench Press 2-3 sets of 10-14 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press 2-3 sets of 10-14 reps
- Pec Dec or Flyes2-3 sets of 10-14 reps
- Decline Bench Press 2-3 sets of 10-14 reps
Week 3 Example of Chest Training
- 1 set…Hammer Strength Bench Press – Rest pause to 30-40 reps.
- 1 set…Push Ups – One set to max reps (20+).
- 1 set…Pec Dec – Triple drop sets, each to failure.
- 1 set…Giant set with dumbbell bench, flyes, incline dumbbell bench and cable crossovers.
- 1 set…Smith Incline – slow 6 second negatives to failure, with forced reps beyond failure.