Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #11
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB!!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #12
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

OK, now you're in trouble. The Swede is involved now. The Swede shifts planetary orbits with his lifting. I'm not sure what Embrance means, but it better mean something along the lines of I'm willing to pass out unconscious under some serious effing weights, and it seems as though you are heading in that direction!

HA! Just kidding! Well, not about the Swede, but everything else, yes. Have fun!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
embrance
Brawn
Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

embrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality posts

I tried it...first day.Couldnt even complete it!Failed at BP and thereafter.Even though I am speed kinda guy,with better maximal strength,my endurance sucks as does my cardio.Anyway,I will try it again in two day,and I had to lower the weight a lot,like 30 lbs in some cases to even be able to do 8 reps...
embrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #14
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrance View Post
I tried it...first day.Couldnt even complete it! Failed at BP and thereafter.
This is not an uncommon issue for a lot of people. You have made a classic mistake in starting this program. You're not the first, and won't be the last person to make this mistake.

In the instructions for the Reeves, it is written that you should start with a light weight of about 50% of your known max, or current working sets. In your first post you said you were going to start at a medium weight.

It is written several times that you must not let your ego get in the way of working this program. Drop your weights, and work into the program gradually. Especially the aspect of working the presses before the bench.

Quote:
Even though I am speed kinda guy,with better maximal strength,my endurance sucks as does my cardio.
This will improve, just give it some time.

Quote:
Anyway, I will try it again in two day,and I had to lower the weight a lot, like 30 lbs in some cases to even be able to do 8 reps...
This is covered in the instructions, and your experience is why it talked about.

You must drop the weight that you have been using. 50% is about right to start at. You will be surprised by how hard the end of the week session is as compared to the first session even at these reduced weights.

The program does work, but you need to walk into it, and not try to jump into it full force. Going too heavy too soon, and you will fail! It is not even that you might fail, you will fail unless you work into the prgram gradually.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
embrance
Brawn

embrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality postsembrance has made some quality posts

Haha,ego,as Vince Gironga once said,most BBers have big egos that acompany their biggest-best lifts and its hard to let them go.I will lower the wieght even more,10kgs should just do it.Thansk again for the help and input.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Welcome. 50kg for 5 barbell curls doesn't sound so bad from where I'm sitting
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #17
embrance
Brawn

Workout #1
Squats 90x3x5
BB Row 80x3x5
Dumbell Shoulder Press 20x3x5
BP 90x3x5
Dumbell Curls 20x3x5
Dips 4x10
Seated Calf Raises 70x3x10

That wasnt that hard.I will worki up to 8 reps,then increaes wegiht to do 5.Then build up again...So see you in two eeks.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

good work E..keep up the progression

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrance View Post
Haha,ego,as Vince Gironga once said,most BBers have big egos that acompany their biggest-best lifts and its hard to let them go.I will lower the wieght even more,10kgs should just do it.Thansk again for the help and input.
Best of luck!

One of my biggest problems is trying to use too much weight all the time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
embrance
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Best of luck!

One of my biggest problems is trying to use too much weight all the time.
I have been there.Now,when on full body,I do either 2 hard sessions per weeks,or 3 medium-to-hard,or heavy-light-medium,or just take a week of after eavery 4th-5th week.Most people think that this is too much,but FB Workouts,arent the same case with all other.The body LOVES that extra recovery time.