A GH deficiency can present with abnormal phenotype in the form of dwarfism or short stature, whereas acquired GH deficiency can present with abrupt changes in the physiological processes in the later stages of life.
Because GH deficiency is prevalent enough, many synthetic peptides like growth hormone-releasing peptides (GHRPs) have been introduced into the market to induce the release of growth hormone (GH) inside our bodies.
One such growth hormone-releasing peptide (GHRP) that we are having a chat on is growth hormone-releasing peptide 2 (GHRP-2).
Perhaps what makes GHRP-2 different from other GHRPs is the fact that it has reached phase 2 of clinical trials and is still actively investigated and researched for its long-term effects.
Let’s just dig into all the aspects of GHRP-2 and see what it holds medically and therapeutically for its users!
- GHRP-2 triggers the release of growth hormone by binding to the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHS-R).
- It enhances muscle growth, reduces body fat storage, and ensures healthy bones and joints.
- It upregulates ghrelin secretion, and subsequently, ghrelin stimulates hunger.
- It also offers anti-aging effects and strengthens the immune system.
- GHRP-2 may also improve your sleep quality, thus making you feel more productive.
Warning: The content on Muscleandbrawn.com and the information included in this article is intended for entertainment and informational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to buying anything, check that it is compliant where you live with your current government laws. We frequently mention research chemicals that are not made for human consumption. Therefore, before purchasing any product for personal use, consult with your doctor or healthcare provider first.
What is GHRP-2?
GHRP-2, also known as Pralmorelin, is a synthetic growth hormone secretagogue (GHS). Structurally, it is a hexapeptide and comprises a non-glycosylated polypeptide chain with 6 amino acids in the sequence of “H-D-Ala-D-2-Nal-Ala-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2” (1).
As one of the first and the most potent members of the growth hormone-releasing peptides (GHRPs) family, it is also used as a test peptide to diagnose growth hormone (GH) deficiency.
How Does GHRP-2 Work?
Before understanding how GHRP-2 works, we first need to understand how, in general, growth hormone secretagogues (GHSs) work.
GHSs, like GHRP-2, are potent agonists of several growth hormone secretagogue receptors (GHS-Rs) found at various locations inside our body, such as the pituitary gland, pancreas, and cardiac tissue.
The subsequent binding of GHSs like GHRP-2 with GHS-Rs triggers the growth hormone secretion from the somatotrophs in the anterior pituitary gland to activate a series of effects inside our body (2).
As most pituitary hormones follow a negative feedback system, GHRP-2 also inhibits the release of somatostatin or growth hormone-inhibiting hormone (GHIH). This ensures that no negative feedback is involved, growth hormone release is continued, and levels remain elevated.
One of the other ways in which GHRP-2 works is by regulating the ghrelin system inside our body.
Taking a step back, ghrelin is also referred to as the ‘hunger hormone,’ primarily released by cells in the stomach. Ghrelin is an endogenous growth hormone secretagogue (GHS), and it works by binding to the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHS) (3).
Makes sense now, right?
GHRP-2-induced ghrelin activation results in the further release of growth hormone (GH) inside our body.
Some research also suggests that GHRP-2 plays a role in upregulating the release of other hormones from the pituitary gland, such as prolactin, ACTH, etc.
Benefits of GHRP-2
GHRP-2 has numerous functions and has a lot to offer, so there is a long list!
- GHRP-2 induced growth hormone release enhances muscle growth by stimulating protein synthesis and downregulating protein breakdown in the muscle cells. Pharmacodynamics also suggests that GHRP-2 inhibits muscle atrophy. This overall increases lean muscle mass, thus making it one of the preferred peptides amongst bodybuilders and athletes (4).
- Also, GHRP-2 triggers the process of lipolysis inside our body by reducing fat storage. This improves your overall lean body composition and promotes weight loss (5).
- Enhanced muscle growth, reduced fat storage, and healthy joints/cartilage can also be augmented by increased IGF-1 levels in the blood.
- Calcium plays a key role in bone formation, thus, adequate mineralization is absolutely necessary to strengthen our bones and joints. GHRP-2 induced growth hormone release also ensures calcium homeostasis.
- Recent research also suggests that GHRP-2 affects our cardiovascular system by minimizing the chances of apoptosis in our heart cells (6). This has overall cardio-protective effects, especially after myocardial infarction, when heart cells are more susceptible to ischemic and hypoxic damage.
- Because GHRP-2 modulates the ghrelin system, it is intuitive that the latter upregulates appetite and increases food intake.
- Some data suggest that GHRP-2 helps recover from injuries by stimulating the localized stem cells to proliferate. This is well-received by bodybuilders and athletes who are more prone to injuries.
- GHRP-2 is also known to cause anti-aging effects and delay the onset of age-related decline in terms of physical and mental health.
- There is some evidence suggesting the role of GHRP-2 in enhancing thymic function, in turn, strengthening our immune system. More specifically, GHRP-2 ensures the maturation of T cells which helps fight dangerous infections (7).
- GHRP-2 may also decrease liver inflammation, according to some studies, but this is still an insignificant finding.
- GHRP-2 is also seen to improve our sleep cycle by promoting REM sleep. With improved sleep quality, one can experience an overall rejuvenation in life as productivity spikes!
Is GHRP-2 Legal?
While GHRP-2 is not legalized yet, GHRP-2 has definitely made it to phase 2 of clinical trials, and there are numerous studies underway involving GHRP-2.
GHRP-2 will be made legal if it reaches the next stage. Just a matter of time!
Who Should Use GHRP-2?
Anyone who is GH deficient can surely go for GHRP-2.
Because GHRP-2 also offers a diagnostic aspect, you can use GHRP-2 to see if you are deficient in GH levels (8).
Athletes and bodybuilders can also use GHRP-2 because of its pronounced effects on muscle growth, bone formation, and cartilage strengthening.
Anyone with a weak immune system can also use GHRP-2 to strengthen and modulate immunological activity.
Lastly, if you want to gain some body weight, then go for GHRP-2 because it upregulates the activity of ghrelin.
Forms of GHRP-2
The good thing about GHRP-2 is that it is available in multiple forms in the market.
Peptides work best when injected parenterally, specifically via the IV route. A lot of literature also backs this up, so the best way out is to order the GHRP-2 vial and then reconstitute it.
But if you are afraid of injections, GHRP-2 is also available in the form of capsules, thus, you can use it orally.
GHRP-2 can also be administered via the intranasal pathway, so that’s another option for all potential users of GHRP-2.
How to Use GHRP-2
If you plan to buy injectable forms, you must reconstitute them before using them.
On the other hand, the oral and intranasal pathway is pretty straightforward!
Anyways, if you really want to learn the precise way of using peptides, you can read our dedicated article on how to use peptides!
GHRP-2 dosage requirements vary depending on your purpose of intake. However, consuming anywhere between 150mcg-300mcg is generally considered safe and effective.
I would really suggest starting low, and then progressing up so that your body gets accustomed to it. Not only this, but it will also ensure minimum adverse effects.
While there are no particular cycling guidelines, people generally cycle it for 3 months to 4 months and then take a break.
Some people have reported adverse effects after using it for more than 16 weeks.
Because GHRP-2 is a growth hormone secretagogue (GHS), it can be stacked with other GHSs to experience synergistic benefits.
GHRP-2 and Sermorelin
One of the popular stacks amongst people is GHRP-2 and Sermorelin. The latter peptide mimics the action of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), thus inducing the release of growth hormone (GH).
Using GHRP-2 and Sermorelin ensures enhanced muscle growth, efficient healing of wounds/injuries, improved cardiovascular system and cardioprotective effects, and rejuvenated sleep.
You notice the similarity in the benefits, right?
GHRP-2 with Ipamorelin and TB-500
This is another stack that people have used for some time now.
Ipamorelin also induces growth hormone release from the anterior pituitary gland, thus maximizing the effects.
On the other hand, TB-500 is a healing peptide and mimics the action of thymosin beta-4 which is produced endogenously in the thymus gland.
You can expect to have tremendous muscle growth, improved lean body composition, a swift recovery from wounds/injuries, and better sleep quality.
Where To Buy GHRP-2?
Because it’s such a popular peptide, you will find GHRP-2 being sold at a lot of different stores. However, it is very important to pick the right online vendor that offers authentic peptide.
And, I would recommend you buying GHRP-2 from BioTech Peptides.
It’s time to dig into some of the user experiences to get better insights.
One of the users said,
“GHRP-2 is considered 2nd-gen GHRP. It is more effective at increasing GH production and pulses, and has way less side effects.”– Reddit User
Another user said,
“GHRP 2 is a bit better since its not as sloppy in prolactine and cortisol release but I think IPA/CJC is better long term.”– Reddit User
Someone also left a comment,
“Does anyone know how long lasting the effects of GHRP 2 are? I’ve noticed an increase in strength and lean muscle, was curious how long it would stick around with continued heavy training, proper diet/sleep.”– Reddit User
I think GHRP-2 is received well by most of its users so you are pretty safe to go!
GHRP-2 Side Effects
You are safe with GHRP-2, trust me.
All you have to do is stay within recommended dosage requirements, and there is no way you will experience anything adverse. Maybe a slight headache your way, but that’s it!
GHRP-2 vs Other Peptides
Perhaps what really sets apart GHRP-2 from other GHRPs is the fact that former was the first of constituents to be released in the category.
If we compare GHRP-2 with other GHRPs, the half-life is surely a formidable difference. GHRP-2 has a shorter half-life compared to other GHRPs.
Also, other GHRPs are known to trigger intense hunger, but GHRP-2 induces mild hunger.
Besides, you don’t need to expect anything serious regarding adverse effects with GHRP-2.
That’s it, I guess!
Is GHRP-2 Legit?
This growth hormone secretagogue (GHS) is quite effective in increasing serum GH levels compared to its counterparts. You can experience massive effects with this peptide without worrying about any side effects because phase 2 clinical trials have not reported anything concerning it.
Stay within the prescribed dosage and witness the changes yourself!
Does GHRP-2 work?
GHRP-2 is considered to be a true hGH secretagogue, meaning that it stimulates the body’s own secretion of hGH. Human Growth hormone has been shown in studies to promote lean body mass and reduce adiposity (fat). GHRP2 has demonstrated that it is very effective at stimulating GH production in research test subjects.
Can you take GHRP-2 orally?
The hexapeptide GHRP-2, like the other GH-releasing peptides, is active when administered orally.
Does GHRP-2 burn fat?
GHRP-2 is a Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides that
What is the half-life of GHRP-2?
That’s up to 30 minutes.
How long does GHRP-2 take to work?
Serum growth hormone levels spiked within 20 minutes after acute administration of GHRP-2.