Did you know that sperm count in men has dropped nearly 60% compared to previous generations?
If you’re a man, you should learn more about your own fertility starting today and take charge of your potential to become a father before it’s too late!
Legacy Fertility offers men an amazing opportunity to take back control of their reproductive health through the use of its at-home sperm test and cryopreservation services.
In this article, we’ll provide an in-depth review of Legacy Fertility and explain more about how the testing process works and what to expect.
TL; DR: What is the Legacy Fertility Kit?
- Legacy Fertility offers at-home male fertility tests and sperm cryopreservation services.
- You can order a testing kit, deposit your sample at the convenience of your home, and schedule when Legacy should pick up your sample.
- Healthy sperm samples can be cryogenically preserved for in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedures. Depending on the testing option you have selected, you can receive cryopreservation for up to 12 sperm vials, multi-site storage, and one-time transfer of your sample to any possible clinic or lab in the world.
Pros and Cons of Legacy Fertility Sperm Test
Legacy Fertility Sperm Test
Legacy Fertility’s at-home sperm test offers a highly competitive alternative to going to standard fertility clinics and sperm banks.
Not only is it much more convenient than having to drive to an in-person clinic, but it also offers more affordable services and greater flexibility with the types of options available.
All you have to do is order your kit, deposit your sample, and schedule a same-day pick-up from Legacy.
Despite using an at-home test kit, Legacy does not compromise with quality as it operates its own CLIA-certified lab where your semen is analyzed by a team of experienced health scientists.
CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) certifies that the lab meets all quality regulations of the federal government and your results can be used as a part of the medical diagnostic process.
Furthermore, your results will be reviewed by Legacy’s medical staff before they reach you, and if you need support there will be a team of trained fertility specialists to provide it for you.
How Legacy Fertility Kit Works
Legacy offers a combination of fertility testing and cryopreservation in 4 simple steps:
- Order your kit online, with the help of Legacy’s Client Service Advisor (CSA). They will coordinate your 2-day shipping and give you a CLIENTID security number for 2-factor authentication.
- Deposit your sperm sample in the kit and schedule a same-day pickup with Legacy, who will transport it back to their CLIA-certified lab. Legacy fertility kit is designed to protect your sperm’s quality for up to 48 hours.
- In 1-3 days, you will receive a complete fertility report and depending on the option you chose – a telehealth consultation with a fertility expert.
- Your sample will be immediately stored in Legacy’s cryopreservation facility for a week. This storage is free and you have a week to decide whether you’d like to extend it for a few months, a year, or more.
Legacy Fertility At Home Sperm Test
The at-home fertility test allows you to test the health of your semen from the comfort of your home.
Nevertheless, there are some requirements in order to get the most accurate results and an option to store your healthy sperm sample.
Your sperm sample should be produced after abstaining from ejaculation for anywhere between 2 and 5 days. This ensures that you will produce a high-quality sample.
You should avoid testing if you have had any infections or fever during the last week, as it will reduce your semen quality.
Unfortunately, you will have to avoid using lubes, lotions, or saliva when producing the sample, because you can easily contaminate it with bacteria, and most lubes contain spermicides.
Legacy Fertility Sperm Analysis
Legacy Fertility’s sperm analysis focuses on the 5 key elements of every fertility test: semen volume, sperm count, concentration, motility, and morphology.
Normally, the volume of your semen should be 1.5-5.5 ml, but some doctors suggest that up to 7.5ml is normal. The total count of your swimmers should be 40-930 million sperm.
Thus, your sperm concentration should be 15 – 260 million swimmers per ml. Concentration is one of the most important indicators used to access your fertility.
Even if you have enough sperm, the motility and morphology (shape) of your swimmers will determine whether they will reach the egg at all and fertilize it.
At least 40% of your sperm should move naturally and efficiently and between 4% and 48% of your swimmers should have a normal shape, to be fertile.
Legacy Fertility goes a step further than other at-home fertility tests if you have purchased their most expensive option. It also includes post-thaw analysis and additional sperm DNA fragmentation analysis.
Furthermore, Legacy Fertility’s sperm analysis can be combined with data from lifestyle factors, which allows their medical team and algorithms to provide a detailed look at your sperm’s health.
Results are filled with critical data, and their team of fertility specialists and staffed urologists are prepared to walk you through every detail.
Legacy Fertility Sperm Storage
Legacy excels at offering the best options for sperm banking and cryopreservation.
Sperm storage allows you to take control of your fertility in the long term. Your semen can undergo cryopreservation for prolonged periods (up to 200 years according to studies) and still be viable for egg fertilization afterward.
The sperm is separated into several vials and frozen at -320 ˚F. Each vial can be used for one in-vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure.
Even if your semen is not 100% healthy, certain IVF procedures such as ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). ICSI allows for egg fertilization with just 1 swimmer, even when it has morphology or motility problems.
Sperm storage is a great option for all men, who want to take charge of their fertility. Using younger and healthier sperm can reduce the risk for malformations, syndromes, or miscarriages.
However, sperm cryopreservation is highly recommended for men who work in high-risk professions, will undergo cancer treatment or surgery.
The basic Legacy fertility kit option allows you to store up to 4 vials of your sperm in their industry-leading cryostorage facility. Each of their facilities is monitored by 24/7 security.
The higher-tier options include multi-site sperm storage of up to 8 or 12 vials and a complimentary transfer of your sample to any laboratory or clinic in the world.
Legacy Fertility Kit Options
Legacy fertility test is available in the following 3 options:
- The “for today” option includes complete sperm analysis, CSA support, and one week of free sperm storage for 4 vials. The storage can be extended for the standard fee of $14.95/month, $145/year, or $595/5 years.
- “For tomorrow” adds 5-years of storage for 8 vials in addition to the options above. There is also an option for multi-site storage and telehealth consultation with a fertility specialist who will help you to better understand your results. Then the storage can be extended for any of the standard fees.
- The “forever” option offers complete testing and 50 years of cryogenic storage for 12 vials filled with your samples, renewable at any time. Your sample will undergo a complete sperm analysis as well as DNA fragmentation analysis and deep sequencing of your genetics. You will have the option for unlimited telehealth consultation with a fertility expert. There is also an opportunity for one complimentary transfer of your sample to anywhere in the world.
Legacy Fertility Kit Pricing
The “for today” option is the most affordable and includes complete fertility testing for $195.
If you wish to store your sperm for 5 years and receive a telehealth consultation with a fertility expert, then you can purchase the “for tomorrow” option for $995.
Lifetime storage and semen transfer to any lab in the world will cost you $3995.
How to Buy Legacy Fertility Test
Legacy fertility kit is available only on their official website.
There, you may select one of their 3 options, depending on whether you are looking for only testing your fertility or also long-term cryopreservation for your semen.
Legacy Fertility Test Reviews
Here is what Legacy’s customers have to say about the at-home fertility kit:
“A modern-day solution for a modern-day problem. As an active-duty firefighter, I have concerns with our exposure to hazardous chemicals as well as extreme temperatures and lack of sleep on a daily basis. This provides a way for me to analyze my current reproductive health and preserve it for the future. There are so many unknowns and I can now have the peace of mind of knowing I analyzed saved healthy reproductive samples. Customer service is prompt and professional. Very happy with the product and service.”
“We got this test the next day. My husband provided the sample, they picked it up, and we got the results (in a really nice PDF explaining the details) a few days later. Much easier than going to the REI right now!”
“Used this for my partner after being frustrated with other services (and we did not want to go to a clinic). Very impressed. We lived in NY and got the kit within about 20 hours and the results were extremely quick as well. Super fast and very helpful.”
Is Legacy Fertility Right for Me?
Legacy offers an affordable alternative to test your fertility, as well as high-quality options for cryogenic sperm storage.
If you are ready to spend a little extra and take complete charge of your fertility, then Legacy is right for you. They offer lifetime storage, multi-site storage, and your sperm can travel to any suitable clinic in the world.
Best Male Fertility Kits
Want to learn more about other options for male fertility kits? Read our article here!