- Powered by BCAA Nitrates, Beta-Alanine Nitrate & Citrulline Nitrate for Greater Stability & Muscle Transport!
- Moiety Nitrates are Novel Science far Superior to Free Form Aminos & Other Chemical Salts!
- Nitrates are Scientifically Proven to Induce Vasodilation via Nitric Oxide (NO)!
- NO Increases Blood Flow to Engorge Muscle with Anabolic Nutrient-Dense Blood!
- Stamina, Strength and Recovery are Enhanced!
- EAAs (Essential Amino Acids): Key for Protein Synthesis Proven Superior to BCAAs!
- Contains Potent Anserine for Muscle Performance and Proton Buffering!
Cutting Edge Anabolic Amino Discovery:
Behold the all NEW Power Shock — powered by the world’s most cutting edge anabolic discovery of all time called BCAA Nitrates! You heard it right! VPX has engineered Branched Chain Amino Acids fused to a nitrate moiety! This provides for far greater BCAA stability and transport across intestinal and muscle cell membranes. An exciting property of nitrates is their capability to act as permeation enhancers of intestinal absorption. Consequently, nitrate bound compounds effortlessly bypass the intestinal wall to be absorbed intact into the bloodstream.(1, 2) In fact, they are so effective that large polypeptides can even be absorbed intact if administered with a nitrate donor. This also greatly improves the absorption of all the ingredients like BCAA Nitrates and Beta-Alanine Nitrate in the Power Shock formula.(3)
The nitrate bound amino acids innovation is a novel science far superior to free form amino acids and even other chemical salts. One of the premier advantages of nitrates is rapid and potent vasodilation. This results in increased blood flow to radically enhance the distribution of nutrients to the muscles and other tissues. Myogenic Regulatory Factors are activated when the muscle is engorged with anabolic nutrient-dense blood.
Further, stamina, strength and recovery are enhanced.(4) While recent research has verified that arginine supplementation fails to increase blood Nitric Oxide levels, nitrates are scientifically proven to induce vasodilation via Nitric Oxide. Nitrates increase blood Nitric Oxide levels by exerting their vasodilating effect by releasing an NO2 or NO3 group. NO3 is reduced to NO2 in the blood vessels’ epithelial cells where it reacts to yield Nitric Oxide.
While highly significant, BCAAs are just part of the Power Shock muscle cell splitting matrix. Scientific research has proven that EAAs (essential amino acids) are the key anabolic activators for muscle protein synthesis and are far superior to BCAAs alone.(5) Moreover, science has proven that adding non-essential amino acids such as glutamine does nothing to promote muscle mass in healthy, well-nourished humans.(6) Despite the promise of higher nitric oxide levels, six grams per day of arginine supplementation had no effect on nitric oxide production, lactate and ammonia metabolism and performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise in well-trained male athletes.(7)
So, if you see glutamine or arginine on the label, you’re wasting your money. To further fuel lean muscle mass Power Shock contains Owoc’s latest mind blowing muscle compounds: Anserine or Beta-Alanyl-1-Methylhistidine along with Beta-Alanine Nitrate and Citrulline Nitrate.
- Takahashi K et al. Characterization of the influence of nitric oxide donors on intestinal absorption of macromolecules. Int J Pharm 2004;286:89-97.
- Fetih G et al. Nitric oxide donors can enhance the intestinal transport and absorption of insulin and [Asu(1,7)]-eel calcitonin in rats. J Control Release 2005;106:287-97.
- Fetih G et al. Excellent absorption enhancing characteristics of NO donors for improving the intestinal absorption of poorly absorbable compound compared with conventional absorption enhancers. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 2006;21:222-9.
- Larsen FJ et al. Effects of dietary nitrate on oxygen cost during exercise. Acta Physiol (Oxf) 2007;191:59-66.
- Dreyer H et al. Leucine-enriched essential amino acid and carbohydrate ingestion following resistance exercise enhances mTOR signaling and protein synthesis in human muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2008;294:E392-400.
- Gleeson M. Dosing and efficacy of glutamine supplementation in human exercise and sport training. J Nutr 2008;138:2045S-2049S.
- Liu TH et al. No effect of short-term arginine supplementation on NO production, metab and performance in intermittent exercise in athletes. J Nutr Biochem 2009;20:462-8.