Massive Legs Squat Workout
This workout is an intense 8 to 12 week leg building program that focuses on the use of the barbell squat and the front squat. Use the heaviest weight possible for each listed rep range, and add weight when possible.
Progression of weight is the key to muscle building. Try to add 5-10 pounds per set the next time you perform each workout.
Workout frequency: Every 5 days.
Workout A is too be performed on Day 1 and Workout B on Day 6. Continue this pattern of training the legs every 5th day throughout the next 8 to 12 weeks.
Massive Legs Squat Workout A
- Squats – 1 set x 15 reps, 1 set x 12 reps, 1 set x 8-10 reps.
- Front Squats – 3 sets x 10 reps.
- Leg Press – 1 set 10 reps, 1 set x 20 reps, 1 set x 30 reps.
For squats, start with a lighter weight and add a bit for each set. For the leg press you will start heavy, and decrease the weight during each set so you hit the required rep range.
Massive Legs Squat Workout B
- Squats – 1 set x 20 reps, 1 set x 15 reps, 1 set x 10 reps.
- Front Squats – 1 set x 15 reps, 1 set x 12 reps, 1 set x 8-10 reps.
- Leg Extensions – 3 sets x 20 reps.
For front squats, start with a lighter weight and add a bit for each set.
Massive Legs Squat Workout Training Split
The following training split is recommended when using the massive legs squat workout:
- Day 1 – Legs. (Add in one exercise each for hamstrings and calves)
- Day 2 – OFF
- Day 3 – Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (2 exercises for chest and shoulders, one exercise for triceps)
- Day 4 – Back, Biceps, Traps and Abs (2 exercises for back and one exercise for biceps, traps and abs)
- Day 5 – OFF
Because you will be working out more frequently you should avoid the temptation to add in more exercises. Legs days will be very intense.
Rest and sleep as much as possible during this program, and try to consume 220 to 250 grams of protein per day. It is also recommended that you eat about 3500 calories per day, or 4000 per day if you are skinny or a hardgainer.Massive Legs Squat Workout,