Struggling with the number of push ups you can do? Feel like you’ll never make any progress?
This 50 day plan is designed to help you dramatically improve your push ups strength.
You will be doing, or trying to do, a lot of push ups during the next 50 days. Things may start slow, but stick with the plan. Don’t quit.
Even if you are only adding a rep or two per week during the first several weeks, things will improve. By the end of this program your push ups ability might surprise you. Here’s how it works…
50 Day Push Ups Plan – Days 1-30
For the first 30 days of the plan, use the following workout protocol.
You will be doing 5 sets of push ups, three times a day. This frequency will be performed 6 days a week. Take one day completely off each week and rest.
While this sounds like a crazy amount of work, it’s not too far off from what a solider has to go through during Basic Training. So hang tough, trust the process, and start pushing.
Make sure to take at least 2 hours off in between each push ups session. Also, rest at least 60-90 seconds between each set, and no longer than 3 minutes between each set.
- Frequency – You will be performing push ups 6 days a week.
- Sets and Reps – Perform 5 sets during each workout, for as many reps as possible.
- Rest – Rest a minimum of 60-90 seconds between sets, and no longer than 3 minutes.
- Time Between Workouts – Rest at least 2 hours between workouts.
You will be sore. You will, at times, lose motivation. Stay mentally strong, knowing that this program is a short 50 days.
50 Day Push Ups Plan – Days 31-50
For the last 20 days of the plan, use the following workout protocol.
- Days 31-35 – 4 days on, one day off. 5 sets of push ups, three times a day.
- Days 36-40 – 4 days on, one day off. 4 sets of push ups, three times a day.
- Days 41-45 – 3 days on, two days off. 3 sets of push ups, three times a day.
- Days 46-50 – 3 days on, two days off. 2 sets of push ups, three times a day.
Day 51 – Testing Day
Day 51 is a testing day. The goal: see how many total push ups you can do in 2 minutes.
This doesn’t have to be in one set. You may stop and start sets as need be.
Have you tried this program? Let us know how much your push ups improved in the comments section below.