Perhaps you don’t have the time, money, energy or even the desire to train at a commercial gym. What then? Is it possible to build muscle at home using a limited amount of equipment?
The following muscle building workout routine can be performed at home, and only requires the following equipment:
- Adjustable Dumbbells – Preferably spin-lock dumbbells, so you can easily change weight from exercise to exercise.
- Standard Weight Plates – It is recommended that you have 160-200 pounds of standard plates, allowing for up to 80-100 pound dumbbells.
- Weight Bench – Having a bench is invaluable, and makes working your upper body much easier.
- Squat Rack or Squat Stands – If you do not have a squat rack, then invest in squat stands. They are a cost-effective alternative.
- Olympic Barbell – A barbell allows you to perform the meat and potato muscle building exercises – deadlifts, bench press, squats, rows and overhead presses.
This workout utilizes the Rep Goal System. You will be working out 3 days a week using full body style training. Make sure to rest at least one day in between every training session.
- Day 1 – Workout A
- Day 2 – Off
- Day 3 – Workout B
- Day 4 – Off
- Day 5 – Workout C
- Day 6 – Off
- Day 7 – Off
Home Muscle Building Workout Routine For Men
|Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts||3||25|
|Seated Arnold Press||3||30|
|Bent Over Reverse Flyes||3||35|
|Dumbbell Side Bends||3||40|
|Dumbbell Bench Press||3||30|
|Still Leg Deadlifts||2||25|
|Seated Barbell Press||3||25|
|Two Arm Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension||3||30|
AMAP = As many reps as possible.
Pull Ups – If you do not have a pull ups bar as home, perform rack chins. Rack chins are featured below.
If you have any questions about this workout, please leave them in the comments section below.