Max Brawn
Points: 12,057, Level: 72 Points: 12,057, Level: 72 Points: 12,057, Level: 72
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
My Mood: Lurking
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Stay positive BigJosh and hit what you can as hard as you can. Plenty of success stories out there and hopefully you will be one of them too!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #782
dzarello
dzarello
5/3/1
Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,236, Level: 51 Points: 6,236, Level: 51 Points: 6,236, Level: 51
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member

Keep pounding away at what you can. Glad to hear that you are still at it.

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #783
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Glad to hear you are still hitting the workouts. Strength is your best friend when it comes to back problems. Hoping it will sort itself out, but in the mean time, do whatever you can. Good luck.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #784
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,065, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,065, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,065, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good to see you doing what you can do hombre.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #785
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 10,944, Level: 69 Points: 10,944, Level: 69 Points: 10,944, Level: 69
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Thank you guys for posting. The encouragement is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Josh! Hey hey, you LOG! Just do what you can and take care of your back! Hopefully they can fix you up like Super Jim! Be strong!!!
Hey hey hey, I do log!!!!! Thanks broseph. I am making the steps towards rehabilitation and I will keep everyone updated. I want a 500 pound pull damn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Stay positive BigJosh and hit what you can as hard as you can. Plenty of success stories out there and hopefully you will be one of them too!
Thanks brohammer! I am trying to keep positive about this. It sucks to not be able to back squat and deadlift, but I can find other ways to get big and strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
Keep pounding away at what you can. Glad to hear that you are still at it.
Thanks brozarello!I'm just doing what I can when I can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Glad to hear you are still hitting the workouts. Strength is your best friend when it comes to back problems. Hoping it will sort itself out, but in the mean time, do whatever you can. Good luck.
Thanks Broski. I will keep that advice in mind. Like I said in an earlier response, I am taking the steps to rehab it. Starting with PT. So until it gets better, I just do what I can to get bigger and stronger. It does suck to not be able to back squat or deadlift. Especially around here, where there is so much emphasis put on those 2 lifts (and rightfully so).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good to see you doing what you can do hombre.
Thanks Brofessor! I'm just doing what I can!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #786
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 8/25/13 5/3/1 Cycle ? Week 2 OHP

OHP
137.5x3
155x3
175x3 (Goalx3) Weight for Reps PR
137.5x9

Pull ups(various grips and w/straps)
bwx3,2.5,2,2,1

Incline BB bench press
15x10,170x10,185x9

DB Curl
40x10,10,7
Inline Lying Tricep extension (ez curl bar)
70x15,15,9
Band Face Pulls
x15,15,15

Overall Workout Grade: A

Notes:
Solid Sess. Hit my OHP goal, which happens to be a weight for reps PR. Which is nice and all, but I want a 225lb OHP. I will be excited about that, everything else is just a step towards that.
Did dat joker set. I like those.

Still fat and doing Pull ups. At a current weight of 275lbs, they haven't gotten easier. But I am doing at 275 what I was doing at to 260ish a while back, so I guess that is progress, right?

Incline bench went well. Top set was +5lbs from last week.
Db curl, did one more rep on my last set than last week. Progress is progress.
Everything else was good.

Still doing 5/3/1 for my upperbody work and still liking it. I have been on 5/3/1 in one capacity or another for a year and a half now.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #787
KD5NFW
KD5NFW
aka Buttercup
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,057, Level: 72 Points: 12,057, Level: 72 Points: 12,057, Level: 72
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Congrats on the OHP rep PR Josh! Pullups (as in plural) at 275 BW is progress in my book haha! Nice work
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #788
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 26,537, Level: 97 Points: 26,537, Level: 97 Points: 26,537, Level: 97
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Josh! Hey hey, you LOG! Just do what you can and take care of your back! Hopefully they can fix you up like Super Jim! Be strong!!!
Just for the record, "they" did not fix me up. Lisa did! Diet changes and some special supps saved not only my eyesight, but my lower back arthritis. I had all the fancy term stuff like disc narrowing and disc degeneration disease. Dr Babbins said they were all just fancy terms for arthritis and inflammation.

Nice work Big J - I wa sin the same boat for pull ups. Eventually they will get easier and more reps.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #789
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Congrats on the OHP rep PR Josh! Pullups (as in plural) at 275 BW is progress in my book haha! Nice work
Thanks KD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Just for the record, "they" did not fix me up. Lisa did! Diet changes and some special supps saved not only my eyesight, but my lower back arthritis. I had all the fancy term stuff like disc narrowing and disc degeneration disease. Dr Babbins said they were all just fancy terms for arthritis and inflammation.

Nice work Big J - I wa sin the same boat for pull ups. Eventually they will get easier and more reps.
That is some interesting info Jim. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he catagorized my problem as level 1 disc degeneration. And explained the disc between my L4 and L5 has worn away (he didn't say worn away, that's just what I took from it).

I'll keep hammering away at the pullups. Fatboy power!
Thanks Jim.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #790
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 26,537, Level: 97 Points: 26,537, Level: 97 Points: 26,537, Level: 97
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Dr Babbins told me that Disc Degeneration is very common. Alberta Back and Neck rehab here in Calgary has a special machine that can help decompress. However, I haven't needed it yet. I just do alot of hanging from my pull up bar while I am training, sometimes even using the versagripps and/or touching my feet on the floor just enough to take some weight off. Seems to be working to help keep the back decompressed.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook