Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
smalldon
smalldon
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4 Points: 245, Level: 4
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

smalldon is off to a bad start
Default Bulking foods

What are some foods that will cause me to gain some weight? I am so small and weigh next to nothing right now. I just want to eat something that will stick to my ribs and make me put on some weight.
smalldon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,247, Level: 79 Points: 15,247, Level: 79 Points: 15,247, Level: 79
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Ribs
Steak
Pizza
Bacon
Eggs
Potatoes
Pasta
Anything if you eat enough of it.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Meats, lean or not.
Eggs, a bunch of them.
Milk, lots and lots of it.
Raw nuts, I like a handful of walnuts for a snack.
Lots of veggies and fruits.
Whole grain breads and pastas.
Chinese food buffets, they bring the awesome.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
mikethemighty
mikethemighty
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

mikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality posts

Pasta is great for this. And so is meat. If you can eat a huge steak, that would be great. Eat often as well! And eat lots at a time.
mikethemighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

you eat anything calorie dense. can never ever go wrong with bulk pizza eating

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

peanut butter

Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalldon View Post
What are some foods that will cause me to gain some weight? I am so small and weigh next to nothing right now. I just want to eat something that will stick to my ribs and make me put on some weight.
In my opinion, you need to wrap your brain around calories and macros, in accordance to your personal particulars and activity, and work from this base.

Because, in all honesty, you could theoretically eat pizza, candy bars, etc, and still not gain any "tissue" weight, if you are under your calorie MT, along with being young and having a rather high metabolism.

Again, this is where my problems with giving you advice are formed. We all love members here. We are brothers and Sisters, and we are a team. But, how can I give you accurate advice, when you are not furnishing enough information in order to provide it? I am not going to make assumptions about you. This does not do you any justice.

Therefore, when you ask questions like these (unless you have provided this information already), you need to provide this sort of information, so we can improve the quality of advice:

1. Personal Stats: Age, Present Weight, Height, and Sex.

2. How many weeks, months, years of training experience.

3. What do you have available at home to train with? Do you have weights or a personal gym? Do you have access to a area gym?

At least with me, I can not provide a more accurate...training program, unless I know what you have available to train with. Or...specific diet advice unless I have at least question number 1 answered.

People have all sorts of monetary dispositions. It is not safe to assume you can afford a home gym (or already have one) nor the money to shell out for a gym membership, or what sort of profession you have the may complicate some of these decisions.

The content of the advice, depends on your personal answers, and will settle on some basic fundamentals to get you started.

Answer the questions, and I will come back and provide my opinion.

In addition, recently we made a stick on dietary needs. This thread is still work in progress, but currently has enough information, to get you started on basics, and point you....in the right direction in order to gain weight (IF this is in deed, what you need).

This is the link:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/nut...formation.html

I wish you the best in what you want out of diet and fitness. It is good that you are asking questions. Keep asking them and get all the education you can, and EDUCATE THE PATH IN WHICH YOU WANT TO WALK.

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
backus
backus
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

backus is off to a bad start

steak, peanut butter, and lots of chicken!!!! Pork as well.
backus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backus View Post
steak, peanut butter, and lots of chicken!!!! Pork as well.
lots of chicken? actually the best idea is to mix n match your protein sources. Eggs, chicken, steak, whatever...but some of each everyday.

but seening how his screen name is "smalldon" im gonna say. go eat burgers, fries, pizza, steak n cheese...super calorie dense foods. dont be scared to carry a little fat while you add mass. it'll only help you

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,674, Level: 100 Points: 33,674, Level: 100 Points: 33,674, Level: 100
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

If you are really small, the question is not what, rather how much. Eat alot, drink alot of wholemilk to every meal and snack on snicker bars or whatever inbetween meals. and dont forget the most important part of weight gain - Squat, and squat deep!

Share with Facebook