Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:45 AM   #1
yangwenbin
yangwenbin
has no status.
Points: 189, Level: 3 Points: 189, Level: 3 Points: 189, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

yangwenbin is new to the forumyangwenbin is new to the forumyangwenbin is new to the forum
Default Sick, how to keep strength up

I've been sick for a month and doctors haven't found yet what's going on...
My blood test was perfect, no fever, did a gastroscopy, nothing. Nevertheless, I feel like garbage, I dropped 22 pounds in only a month, can't eat, have permanent nausea, shortness of breath, low back pain, pain around the pubis area, dizziness, sweating, diarrhea, muscle pain...
If you have any idea, give it a shot please...

Last time I trained it took me literally 1 hours to catch my breath, I threw up and laid down sweating and panting on my bed for two days.
I try to do pull-ups, push-ups and air squats not to screw up too much my results...But even that feels strenuous, I feel weak. What would you do to minimize losses? Thank you.
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
RickH
RickH
changing Dipers is officialy over.
Brawn
Points: 662, Level: 13 Points: 662, Level: 13 Points: 662, Level: 13
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Dips
Fav Supp: Sardines
My Mood: Doh
RickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good posts

Honestly I would focus on getting better, eating well and maintaining a level of activity that both makes you feel well and not stressed. The sooner you are well the sooner you will be back to lifting, you may loose mass but the neural development takes a lot longer to lose so you should be able too get back too it fast.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #3
jdmalm123
jdmalm123
one rep is plenty!
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74 Points: 12,882, Level: 74
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
My Mood: Yeehaw
jdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite memberjdmalm123 is an elite member

100% focus on getting a diagnosis and getting better

if you can walk and do light mobility work, great, but stay away from training that will dip into your recovery reserve.

What about a colonoscopy and intestinal scope? Does it seem worse with certain foods?

Keep notes on what you do and what makes it better/worse.

Good luck!
"If you're not taking any risks, don't expect any rewards."

Last edited by jdmalm123; 06-08-2014 at 11:37 AM.
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
LindenGarcia18
LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57 Points: 7,437, Level: 57
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
100% focus on getting a diagnosis and getting better

if you can walk and do light mobility work, great, but stay away from trainig that will dip into your recovery reserve.

What about a colonoscopy and intestinal scope? Does it seem worse with certain foods?

Keep notes on what you do and what makes it better/worse.

Good luck!

Great advice.

Trying to lift weights while your ill like that is a bad idea.

After all, listening to your body is one of the most important factors.
If it says your too ill to lift, listen to it. It's only going to make things worse.

When you're throwing up and your stomachs telling you "I told you so" isn't the best time to realize you should've laid off.

Focus on getting better, and don't worry about it.

I was quite ill a few months ago, and couldn't lift or eat much.
When I got back to it however, my strength came back within a week.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #5
yangwenbin
yangwenbin
has no status.
Points: 189, Level: 3 Points: 189, Level: 3 Points: 189, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

yangwenbin is new to the forumyangwenbin is new to the forumyangwenbin is new to the forum

Thank you for these useful and comforting replies, guys !
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
brad1224
brad1224
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,181, Level: 46 Points: 5,181, Level: 46 Points: 5,181, Level: 46
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Cake Of Chaos Champion!
brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

ya man rest would be best. your body is already trying to fight this off and lifting will just strain your body even more. just try and get food in or even shakes or anything to preserve that muscle. hope you get well soon man

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangwenbin View Post
I've been sick for a month and doctors haven't found yet what's going on...
My blood test was perfect, no fever, did a gastroscopy, nothing. Nevertheless, I feel like garbage, I dropped 22 pounds in only a month, can't eat, have permanent nausea, shortness of breath, low back pain, pain around the pubis area, dizziness, sweating, diarrhea, muscle pain...
If you have any idea, give it a shot please...

Last time I trained it took me literally 1 hours to catch my breath, I threw up and laid down sweating and panting on my bed for two days.
I try to do pull-ups, push-ups and air squats not to screw up too much my results...But even that feels strenuous, I feel weak. What would you do to minimize losses? Thank you.
You have a wealth of information at your finger tips. Use the google search engine as your friend. Type in your various symptoms, and review the search responses and see what you come up with, and study this some. You may come up with something.

In cases like this, you concentrate on getting better, and if the current crop of doctors are not satisfactory, then get another opinion, and another, and so on. In addition be forth right in telling them (when tests come back negative) that obviously there is something wrong with the symptoms experienced, and ask for additional testing. A good doctor will continue to work with you to find the answer...especially when the combination of symptoms can be many different causes. But....you have to drive and steer this ship to harbor.

You will most likely lose some water (from the symptoms you gave). So some of this 22lbs is water loss, and you will get this back once your diet gets back to normal, can hold and digest, and consume carbohydrates.

And, if you have history of training, you will bounce right back fairly quickly, so do not be too concerned.

If you take care of yourself now while your sick, trust me when you get better, the body will take care of you in the future, and bounce right back and be there better prepared, and most importantly in a healthy condition.

Keep working on find the answer. It is there, and make the doctors motivated to find it.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-10-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook