Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #91
MVP
MVP
Leaner, Stronger, Faster
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
uhm no Shelby is talking about Keto. He is a bodybuilder and one of the most knowledgeable people with nutrition, period.
BTW, Atkins is pretty much the same thing as Keto. high fats and proteins, low or no carbs....etc. etc.
Keto and Atkins are not the same thing.

Keto involves carbs, atkins is completely stripping carbs.

Lyle McDonald is also very knowledgeable about nutrition. Ever heard of him?

Quote:
FYI. the first 10lbs or so of weight loss in keto, is water. so dont get all excited. But, hey, go ahead and suffer, I'll carb cycle, keep my sanity, cut faster, hold more muscle mass, and be over here smiling while you keep arguing over nutrition and nutrition related questions you should already know about, since you're certified. =0 )
I'm not even going to bother with this post since it was unnecessary and more along the lines of an attack than an argument.

This thread has died down, but since you don't have nutritional facts to back up your argument you attack someone for getting certified? Cute.

Grow up.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"

Last edited by MVP; 04-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #92
BigPoppi
BigPoppi
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BigPoppi has made some quality postsBigPoppi has made some quality postsBigPoppi has made some quality postsBigPoppi has made some quality postsBigPoppi has made some quality postsBigPoppi has made some quality posts
Default MVP - curious where you copied this post from

It looks like one of mine on Facebook as part of these textbook quotes are directly from one of my websites. Send me a PM like to talk with you...

The calorie theory was proven wrong by Adolf Fick, MD over 130 years ago...the calorie "theory" gives a measure of heat to proteins, fats and carbs. The problem with that is the human body is not a heat engine. We are chemical factories. That's why the obesity epidemic.

We have been told to eat a 40% carbohydrate diet since the food pyramid was first created. Oh, they changed it to 20% a couple of years ago because they realized they had been turning everyone diabetic. it was not widely publicized because it would open up a wave of lawsuits.

Fat can only be stored when insulin is produced. Insulin is only produced when consuming carbs. The definition of insulin is, its a fat storage hormone..

As to the fats containing the measure of 9 calories, who cares. It is physiologically impossible to store body fat from consuming natural fat. There is also no saturated fat in artery and is used for energy by the body.

Butter is used directly for energy. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 843

Excess carbohydrate [more than 4-5 ounces] prevents the body from burning fat and increases stored body fat. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pgs 871, 936; Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach, pgs 24, 394

Glucose NOT body’s preferred energy source; fatty acids are. Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach , pgs: 29, 145, 203, 272, 357

Eating carbohydrate SLOWS METABOLISM; fat and protein digestion increase metabolism . Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 908
BigPoppi is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #93
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Big Poppi,

MVP hasn't been around in a long time. Good first post. Hope you will consider sticking around.

If he plagiarized you in any way please let me know. I will change the quote and give you credit.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #94
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 137,996, Level: 100 Points: 137,996, Level: 100 Points: 137,996, Level: 100
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppi View Post
It is physiologically impossible to store body fat from consuming natural fat.
Why? Purely on evolutionary grounds, it seems incredibly unlikely we would have evolved such a counter-productive physiology.

Fat storage mechanisms are there in mammals because they help survive periods where food is scarce. For any omnivore it would be incredibly inefficient to be unable to store energy from the most calorific of the macronutrients - i.e. dietary fat. A hunter-gatherer who could not convert natural dietary fat into body fat would be at a massive disadvantage compared to one that could.

Also, other mammal species seem to put on plenty of fat from eating fat e.g. cats, dogs and bears - minimal carb intake, high protein/fat intake. I suppose you could argue it's the protein, but again, why would mammals evolve such a strange metabolic quirk?

While we might find it easier to convert some foodstuffs into fat than others, the marvellously versatile human body can surely store all three.

If you ate 9000 kcal/day of whey and nothing else, and expended only 2000kcal, you would store fat.

If you ate 9000 kcal/day of potatoes and nothing else, and expended 2000kcal, you would store fat

If you ate 9000 kcal/day of butter and nothing else, and expended 2000kcal, you would store fat.

If we couldn't store fat from anything that provides excess calories, we'd never have made it through the ice-ages.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #95
Trevor Ross
Trevor Ross
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheerful
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Watch an MMA fight with Roy Nelson in it. That'll answer your question.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook