Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
musclewannabe
musclewannabe
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14 Points: 757, Level: 14
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

musclewannabe has made some quality postsmusclewannabe has made some quality postsmusclewannabe has made some quality postsmusclewannabe has made some quality postsmusclewannabe has made some quality postsmusclewannabe has made some quality posts
Default Fish

Does eating fish really help improve your intelligence? I have heard this time and time again and just wondered. I ask because I was out for fish on Friday night for lent and the table next to me made a comment about it. One person said Wow I can actually feel myself getting smarter. I had to chuckle at that one.
musclewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I think being healthy makes you smarter. Perhaps eating fish instead of cheeseburgers with baccon and BBQ sause will have a knock-on effect for being smarter. But beyond that, I doubt it.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Jesda
Jesda
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

There is a strong relation between eating fish and brain development. If you have low levels of omega 3 fats, it can result in learning difficulties, mental illness and behavioral problems.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
JacktheThriller
JacktheThriller
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 5 years consistent
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
My Mood: Twisted
JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

Omega 3 is crucial for brain development. Fat in general is necessary for proper brain development. I hate to think about parents who put their kids on low fat diet just because they are on one
JacktheThriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,232, Level: 79 Points: 15,232, Level: 79 Points: 15,232, Level: 79
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

I'm always a bit nervous saying this, as I expect torches and pitchforks outside my door immediately after, but I believe there is a correlation between the modern low fat, high refined carb diet and the increase in ADHD, Autism, and other developmental issues.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100 Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100 Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheThriller View Post
Omega 3 is crucial for brain development. Fat in general is necessary for proper brain development. I hate to think about parents who put their kids on low fat diet just because they are on one
I agree with everything said here.

I make sure to give my kids healthy fat rich foods.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100 Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100 Points: 1,506,951, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I'm always a bit nervous saying this, as I expect torches and pitchforks outside my door immediately after, but I believe there is a correlation between the modern low fat, high refined carb diet and the increase in ADHD, Autism, and other developmental issues.
I agree with this as well. From my personal research I feel comfortable with these conclusions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclewannabe View Post
Does eating fish really help improve your intelligence? I have heard this time and time again and just wondered. I ask because I was out for fish on Friday night for lent and the table next to me made a comment about it. One person said Wow I can actually feel myself getting smarter. I had to chuckle at that one.
The Human Brain - Carbohydrates

Brain health dramatically improved by intake of omega-3 fatty acids and fish oils

In addition to that, I also learned that egg was great prior to exams, so who knows, really. In it's simplistic form, a sensible diet is key without the focus on any one particular food or food group taking precedence.

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
angie828
angie828
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Agreed 100%. There seems to be much more of this these days and it is all because of how we let our kids eat.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
MVP
MVP
Leaner, Stronger, Faster
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Fats > carbs.

I've read so much here lately on why fats are so important to the body and we can live without carbs that it's not even funny. Plenty of studies show that glucose isn't the bodies preferred source of energy - fatty acids are. Not to mention glucose has also caused diabetes and such.

They say fish is good for brain development, then they tell us not to eat it because the mercury will make us go retarded? Lol.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook