Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #121
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	293560_391945790893761_1923921747_n.png
Views:	1063
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	6863  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #122
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100 Points: 1,538,831, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	148501_391806454241028_1536888116_n.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6865  

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #123
Trevor Ross
Trevor Ross
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheerful
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

I keep hearing about this bro-bodybuilding culture that I haven't really been exposed to. I'm fortunate enough to lift in a cheap hole in the wall gym with a power rack and plenty of plates.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #124
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

If you Smith squat, make sure to bounce at the bottom of your half squats so you can maximize the number of plates.

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #125
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 11,276, Level: 70 Points: 11,276, Level: 70 Points: 11,276, Level: 70
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If you Smith squat, make sure to bounce at the bottom of your half squats so you can maximize the number of plates.

635lb smith squat - YouTube
1.) He needs to be beaten
2.) I swear that same tool doing that same lift frequented the commercial gym I used to lift at.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #126
Shorts
Shorts
is chasing Elite!
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
My Mood: Inspired
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

A Bro's routine:

Bench - m,t,w,th
ARM DAY FRIDAY!!!

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #127
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
A Bro's routine:

Bench - m,t,w,th
ARM DAY FRIDAY!!!
WAY OFF

Bench - m,t,w,th

Curls - m,tu,w,th,f,sa,su

Abs - twice a day, every day

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #128
Davis
Davis
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

My friend was telling me this while he was drunk last night. He's around 6'0, maybe just under, and 146 pounds. Also, he says he does body building. I like him, and I feel a little bad for posting this, but it's funny. "Man, you're a powerlifter, you don't need to put on any weight to get a lot stronger. I mean, if you were body building, I could see why you want to put on another 15 or 20 pounds, but all you need to do is lift heavy weight and get stronger." He then went on to talk about how power lifters didn't need steroids.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #129
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Stuff found elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilifthard
Sup everybody. I've been told at the gym that when you train your biceps your shoulders train more than your biceps itself. The guy said when you do Cheating Barbell Curls or Hammer Dumbbell Curls the percentage between working Biceps and Shoulders is like: 20 % vs 80 %. Nevertheless he said that the best exercise per Biceps is 21 aka Muscle feeling > Weight.

Is that really true? Because as far as I know you can't build a nice bicep without doing Cheating Barbell Curls or without Hammer Dumbbell Curls at all...

Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #130
Adamite1114
Adamite1114
Is getting bigger.
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30 Points: 2,563, Level: 30
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

Bro Rule: Whatever you do, DO NOT wipe down your bench and DO NOT rerack your weights.

Oh and if you really wanna big chest make sure you ass never touches the bench while benching.

Taken from my old gym that literally only had machine and smith machines and NO barbells. So happy I don't go there anymore.
Adamite1114 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook