Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #21
MikeM
MikeM
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I would not scrap a routine because of limited resources. I would adapt.

If you like what you're doing and want to keep going with those exercises, then keep going. Figure it out with whatever tools you have at hand. You don't get stronger because you have shiny nice plates that say 25, 35, or 45. You get stronger because you lift progressively heavier weights. Your body doesn't know it's paint cans instead of eleiko plates.

If you're doing 5x5 with everything you have, then hang a couple milk jugs on the end of the bar, etc.

However, you can skin the cat another way. No where near enough plates to squat? Well, ever done one leg squats? You won't need any plates for quite a while, and if you run out of weight, you'll be world's strongest man. Same thing with any lift. Load the barbell and do one arm presses, deadlifts, rows, whatever.

You want to get stronger, get creative and determined, you'll get stronger.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links