Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM   #1
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member
Default Anyone ever competed in 2 meets in 2 days?

I am signed up for a meet Sundat, Sept 21st in South Florida.

I just got word there is a Florida Senior Games Qualifier, 15 minutes from my house Sat, Sept 20th.

I was wondering if anyone ever did 2 meets in 2 days.

At the risk of sounding like a butt hole, PLEASE do NOT answer unless you have actually done it, or you are pretty close to someone who has.

THANKS !!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #2
bigalfry
bigalfry
Contemplating my first competition...
Sasquats
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,582, Level: 43 Points: 4,582, Level: 43 Points: 4,582, Level: 43
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: Beef
bigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributor

Although it wasn't a day apart, I've got an old friend who did two meets 2 weeks apart and he no longer competes because of it. He believes he didn't have sufficient time to recover/prep for the second meet and wound up with a couple of compressed discs. He felt that the risks outweigh the benefits so he no longer makes any 1RM squat/deadlift attempts and competes in bench only now.
This was an old childhood friend that I haven't seen in 15 years. Separately we both found our way to lifting as we grew up and reconnected online over it recently. So because I don't know him that closely I'm not sure what level he was at, what his prep was like, what his form is like, etc. so I can't vouch for any of that but he does have a degree in kinesiology and landed a job as a strength coach for the Atlanta Thrashers for a bit so he must know a thing or two.

Probably not the kind of story you want to hear but take what you will from it.
Deadlift 405
Total = 1061

Meet PRs:
TBD

Training Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17327
bigalfry is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #3
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 20,903, Level: 91 Points: 20,903, Level: 91 Points: 20,903, Level: 91
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
I am signed up for a meet Sundat, Sept 21st in South Florida.

I just got word there is a Florida Senior Games Qualifier, 15 minutes from my house Sat, Sept 20th.

I was wondering if anyone ever did 2 meets in 2 days.

At the risk of sounding like a butt hole, PLEASE do NOT answer unless you have actually done it, or you are pretty close to someone who has.

THANKS !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalfry View Post
Although it wasn't a day apart, I've got an old friend who did two meets 2 weeks apart and he no longer competes because of it. He believes he didn't have sufficient time to recover/prep for the second meet and wound up with a couple of compressed discs. He felt that the risks outweigh the benefits so he no longer makes any 1RM squat/deadlift attempts and competes in bench only now.
This was an old childhood friend that I haven't seen in 15 years. Separately we both found our way to lifting as we grew up and reconnected online over it recently. So because I don't know him that closely I'm not sure what level he was at, what his prep was like, what his form is like, etc. so I can't vouch for any of that but he does have a degree in kinesiology and landed a job as a strength coach for the Atlanta Thrashers for a bit so he must know a thing or two.

Probably not the kind of story you want to hear but take what you will from it.
It all depends Moe, I have done a full meet and a bench meet a week apart. I am doing the bench only on Saturday, and am an alternate for full meet on Sunday at the WPC Worlds. I have also known people to do full power raw and then equipped the following day. It can be done, your numbers will probably suffer. Risk factor probably goes up some, but honestly I am sure you have had some workouts that have pushed that envelope to the max as well. If the goal is to qualify at the 2nd meet, I would do just that. QUALIFY, and shut it down, unless I felt great haha.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook