Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
UncleSlam
UncleSlam
is ANGRY in the STAN
Brawn
Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Heavy as possible
Fav Supp: Raw Beef
My Mood: Busy
UncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality posts

The name of the gym is Boston Barbell and they say on Powerliftinwatch.com that they train Westside style. Anyone know about this gym or know someone there?
UncleSlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,471,435, Level: 100 Points: 1,471,435, Level: 100 Points: 1,471,435, Level: 100
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
If you're more of a hands on learner and you don't have someone to show you, Westside is probably not for you. It's all about analysing your lifts on an ongoing basis, identifying specific weaknesses and working on them.

That being said if you are dead set on doing Westside we can help you set up a split. I have a thread which I'll ask sowmone to link for me which details how I started with Westside training. That could be a good starting point for you as well.

Steve could you link?

LtL
Here you go:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...-training.html

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #13
UncleSlam
UncleSlam
is ANGRY in the STAN
Brawn
Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Heavy as possible
Fav Supp: Raw Beef
My Mood: Busy
UncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality posts

That actually clarified alot of things for me thanks. Im going to finish my second mesocycle of 5/3/1. Im going to take the month developing a program for my goals. I do 4 major lifts; Bench Press, Clean & Press, Deadlift and Squat. I would like to like I said add Clean & Press to a Westside Routine. When I get to Boston Im going to belly up and pay for some one-on-one coaching. Ive never had an actual Elite Powerlifter see me in person and critique me. I wanna take my strength to a new level really bad.
UncleSlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
MVP
MVP
Leaner, Stronger, Faster
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

The book is definitely worth the purchase but there's a lot of great information in the link posed by BTB.

I know Dynamic training is necessary because speed training is supposed to delay the Golgi Tendon Organs message to the brain in someway. I'd remember more about it if I read the book. I haven't read it in about 8 months while I used to read it every 6 months.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 20,507, Level: 90 Points: 20,507, Level: 90 Points: 20,507, Level: 90
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSlam View Post
That actually clarified alot of things for me thanks. Im going to finish my second mesocycle of 5/3/1. Im going to take the month developing a program for my goals. I do 4 major lifts; Bench Press, Clean & Press, Deadlift and Squat. I would like to like I said add Clean & Press to a Westside Routine. When I get to Boston Im going to belly up and pay for some one-on-one coaching. Ive never had an actual Elite Powerlifter see me in person and critique me. I wanna take my strength to a new level really bad.
I know it maybe a very difficult task under your current conditions, but I would be happy to break down your lifts if you can get me some video.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook