Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #31
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100 Points: 1,476,844, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I thought I would share a few quotes from Dr. Dwight Lundell who has written several books on heart disease.

Quote:
The body detects processed foods, sugars and simple carbohydrates no differently than a germ, bacteria or foreign invader. The inflammation switch trips on, the defensive warriors rush out to battle.

This is inflammation running amok each day and everyday as we ingest foods designed for shelf life not human life; foods manufactured to reduce fat that comply with the ill-fated cholesterol theory based on faulty research lacking scientific fact.

Inflammation in your heart is heart disease; in your eyes macular degeneration; in your cells obesity and in your brain Alzheimer’s. In the last half century, science has defined new inflammatory diseases from this tragic, washed out theory medicine chases while food and pharmaceutical companies count profit.

It doesn’t take a degree in medicine or nutrition to reach your own conclusions. It requires we look at statistics and question the 48-year consensus that cholesterol causes heart disease and the dietary recommendations that followed. We may have jumped on board faithfully but we can disembark.
On how to fight heart disease:

Quote:
The good news is, you have the power to take control over inflammation right now.

Return to whole, real foods even a steak and an occasional dab of butter. Before you react with horror to the thought of real butter, look closely at any margarine label. Any food process that requires chemicals with ingredients you cannot name brings out the warriors to attack the foreign substance. Your body has no choice in how it responds.
For more info:

Amazon Amazon

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I have had more than one un pleasant discusssion with people about how wheat is nothing more than a filler food. Not unlike how sawdust is used to make particle board that is then faced with a veneer of real wood, to produce a product that looks like solid hardwood.

You would think based on the reactions I get from people that I had just stabbed one of their children through the heart.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
HERC410
HERC410
is lifting things up and putting them down.
Russian Bear in Training
Max Brawn
Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years, 10 Meets
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Moose Jerky
My Mood: Aggressive
HERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributorHERC410 is a dedicated contributor

since i have not seen it done so, i'm going to throw out some biochemical explanations regarding saturated and unsaturated fats.

every single fatty acid the human body is capable of producing is saturated, and this is the form in which the body uses fat. when we consume unsaturated fat, what happens is the double bonds in the fatty acid have to be broken, which creates free radicals (single oxygen molecules) which cause inflammation, genetic damage ect to your bodies tissues, contributing to things such as cancer, CHD, stroke and general inflammation. none of this happens when you consume saturated fat as no processing is required. BTB is very largely correct and the sources he provides are valid and correct as far as i know (not familiar with Weston price) the main causes of CHD, cancer, ect diet-wise are sugar (any kind, they are all the same when they hit the blood stream) unsaturated fats, especially vegetable oils of any kind (excluding coconut and palm as they are mostly saturated), refined grain products of any kind and soy products specifically.

so basically try to avoid vegetable fats, sugar, and grain, feel free to cook your eggs in the bacon grease, its delicious and healthy.
HERC410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #34
wesrman
wesrman
has not a status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
My Mood: Inspired
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

No real need for me to add much to this. I just want to say for the record that i agree with Steve.

Share with Facebook