Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #1
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 10,863, Level: 69 Points: 10,863, Level: 69 Points: 10,863, Level: 69
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Chocolate milk
My Mood: Buzzed
EliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite memberEliteDreams is an elite member
Default Jews forced to register in Ukraine

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...raine/7816951/

Basically, a city in eastern Ukraine wants to become part of Russia, but they want all the jews to "register."

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #2
Soldier
Soldier
gets crabby on low carb days.
Max Brawn
Points: 11,739, Level: 71 Points: 11,739, Level: 71 Points: 11,739, Level: 71
Activity: 46% Activity: 46% Activity: 46%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Man, I'm getting a really strong feeling that my ass is going to end up fighting in WWIII.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1295
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #3
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Stronger than yesterday. Weaker than tomorrow
GeezerDude
Brawn
Points: 628, Level: 12 Points: 628, Level: 12 Points: 628, Level: 12
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: 3 1/2 years
Fav Exercise: Squat
My Mood: Amused
GeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Man, I'm getting a really strong feeling that my ass is going to end up fighting in WWIII.
Heaven forbid this would happen. But with all the still ongoing drawdown, I do not see it happening. I think Putin will do what he wants, our administration will huff and puff and threaten to blow down the house. But in the end, it will all just be talk. Now if they begin ramping our forces back up, then I will be getting worried.
GeezerDude is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #4
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerDude View Post
Heaven forbid this would happen. But with all the still ongoing drawdown, I do not see it happening. I think Putin will do what he wants, our administration will huff and puff and threaten to blow down the house. But in the end, it will all just be talk. Now if they begin ramping our forces back up, then I will be getting worried.
What you're saying is right, but if we look at what caused the first WW we are forced to contend with the fact that very small incidents between very small countries can make big problems for very big countries. The inherent instability of that area worries me more than anything. Asia is more or less locked in place. Western Europe...well, no real worries there. The only area that really concerns me is the exact area where things aren't looking so stable right now.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1295

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #5
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Brawn

GeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good postsGeezerDude has made some very good posts

Quote:
What you're saying is right, but if we look at what caused the first WW we are forced to contend with the fact that very small incidents between very small countries can make big problems for very big countries. The inherent instability of that area worries me more than anything. Asia is more or less locked in place. Western Europe...well, no real worries there. The only area that really concerns me is the exact area where things aren't looking so stable right now.
I hope my instinct is right, but what you are saying is also dead on correct in regards to history. Russia is a scary country with scary leadership. Most folks my age and older should still have memories from the cold war days of the 60's and 70's when not only did we have fire and tornado drills at school, but we also had drills for atomic attacks. My elementary, junior and senior high schools all had nuclear fall out shelters underneath them. I can remember being a young sailor on board the USS Enterprise out in the middle of the Indian Ocean in the early 80's and having Russian warships following us and their bombers and reconnaissance planes buzzing over head. Once we had a bomber catch us with out our F-14's in the air and he buzzed us at only a few hundred feet with his bomb bay doors opening as they passed over head.

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #6
chiroman
chiroman
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: off and on
Training Type: Powerbuilding
My Mood: Cool
chiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good postschiroman has made some good posts

Register with the Government is never good I don't care what the justification.
chiroman is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #7
Soldier
Soldier
Max Brawn

A lot of lines have been drawn in the sand over the years across this globe. Allies are good to have, and the fact that most of the countries on the planet have bigger friends to back them up usually means things are more stable. But it also means that if the wrong little countries have little problems they don't always stay little problems.

If South and North Korea went at it tomorrow, that would mean that China and the US would be going at it too. Hopefully that means nothing will happen, but we know how that goes sometimes.

GeezerDude, thank you for serving when you did. It was a scary time. Far scarier than now if you ask me. I keep hearing about how I joined during a "time of war". Technically, yeah, I did, but 2012 doesn't even come close to comparing to 2005.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1295

Last edited by Soldier; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #8
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,013, Level: 95 Points: 25,013, Level: 95 Points: 25,013, Level: 95
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Thank you both for your service.

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM   #9
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
GeezerDude
Brawn

Quote:
A lot of lines have been drawn in the sand over the years across this globe. Allies are good to have, and the fact that most of the countries on the planet have bigger friends to back them up usually means things are more stable. But it also means that if the wrong little countries have little problems they don't always stay little problems.

If South and North Korea went at it tomorrow, that would mean that China and the US would be going at it too. Hopefully that means nothing will happen, but we know how that goes sometimes.

GeezerDude, thank you for serving when you did. It was a scary time. Far scarier than now if you ask me. I keep hearing about how I joined during a "time of war". Technically, yeah, I did, but 2012 doesn't even come close to comparing to 2005.
And a big thank you to you as well. I served in the US Navy from 1981 through 1997 when so many of us were cut during those draw downs. In 2008, at the young age of45, I re-entered the military to finish out my career in the Army National Guard with the intention of transferring to active Army. With 2 years in I got sidelined with a pretty bad back injury and was put on profile. I was allowed to retire for medical reasons with 18 years service.

Here is why I do not think we will get into a shooting match with Russia. This is just my opinion and I do not want to delve into any other political discussions regarding politics. I believe that it is blatantly clear that ex-KGB man Putin has measured Mr. Obama and has found him lacking in his abilities to handle foreign affairs. I hate to say it, but we have a president who is playing checkers to Putin's game of chess. Right, wrong or indifferent, we walked away from Iraq. We are going to walk away from Afghanistan. We took a back seat to the actions in Libya and with Syria, after being backed into a corner, Putin came in and took over the process in regards to chemical and biological weapons. They crossed the line Obama drew and once Putin took charge, we have heard very little about it since. He has embraced those who would cause us harm and tossed some of our allies under the bus, i.e, Poland and the missile shield. About the only country who have our back at this point might be Britain. Anyone else would probably not get in unless they felt threatened. Through reading international news sights, I would not bank on any of our allies actually having faith enough in Obama to want to join us in a fight.

With the exception of a small portion of the military's top brass, I can't see that any of them would want our troops drawn into anything with Russia while Obama is the Commander in Chief. After all, he has not been very friendly to our forces. And I believe he is too arrogant to listen to his commanders in the field which has been obvious in Afghanistan. Obama is not a military leader in any way, shape or form. I can not and will not say Romney would have been better, I do not know. And I certainly hope the next guy has more world affairs experience, military experience would be a plus, and I hope he has the courage and wisdom to know when to fight and when to walk away. My only fear with Obama and this crisis is that he has to know the leaders of the world see him as weak, and it would be a disaster if through weakness he thought he had to prove he isn't.

What is happening over there has great potential to turn into a colossal shit storm, but at the end of the day I believe Putin is going to get what he wants and we are not going to do a meaningful thing about any of it.

Share with Facebook
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #10
Henry19
Henry19
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,549, Level: 30 Points: 2,549, Level: 30 Points: 2,549, Level: 30
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift/Squat
Fav Supp: Skittles
My Mood: Cheerful
Henry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machineHenry19 is a lifting machine

Quite frankly, I personally believe that you guys have over-simiplified the issues on hand and that the the Syria and Crimean situations are far from causing a world war. Modern relations are significantly more complex in the 21st century than they were in the first two world wars; it wouldn't behoove China to back up their "ally" North Korea as it would mean going against the US, its largest trading partner and a huge reason for its economic ascension.

While Russia and it's Ukrainian Separatists (who are allegedly not sponsored by Putin) are currently acting very aggressively, it certainly cannot last long. While Putin has gone to great lengths to beef up Russian military, that doesn't mean that Russia would be able to finance a large-scale war especially following great expenditures from the Olympics and declining oil revenues from corruption and refusal to modernize. Similarly, the US has imposed (symbolic more than anything) trade sanctions on Russia for its action in Ukraine. If Russia were to mount an offensive, Europe would surely be forced to impose sanctions as well; analysts had been forecasting economic downturn for Russia and with these sanctions the economy would imminently tumble into recession.

Honestly, one of the greatest things of modernity is that we don't resort to violence as the first answer. Organizations like the UN and the G20 have facilitated (sometimes) productive and open discourse. I personally, like many here, think that Russia's in the wrong here, but every country here realizes that we don't need a world war that could leave earth as a nuclear wasteland to solve, or at least attempt to solve, the issue on hand.

Share with Facebook