Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,463, Level: 80 Points: 15,463, Level: 80 Points: 15,463, Level: 80
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Default The BruteForce Method: Increase Your Arms by 2" in 9 weeks

The BruteForce Method: Increase Your Arms by 2" in 9 weeks

Intended Audience: New lifters with less than 3 months experience

What this article is: The workout and nutrition plan I used that brought my arms up by 2 inches in 9 weeks

What this article is not: The definitive answer to getting bigger arms, especially for those with more than 1 year of training experience.

In Late 2008, I was fat. Fatter than you most likely have ever been. At 6'4" I weighed in at 360+ pounds. Over the next year, I dropped down to a skinny-fat 215. It is in January 2010 that I first began to lift.

My arms were tiny on my frame, or most anyone's frame. 12.5" flexed. Pathetic. I had gone from fat but imposing to a scarecrow. So I did what any right thinking young man would do. Curls. And you know what? They worked. 9 weeks later, my arms were 14.5". Disappointed that I wasn't sporting 22" gunz? Me too, but while most people are dicking around not making any progress, I put myself to the task of getting stronger. And I did it all in my tiny Southern California apartment with $40 worth of equipment.

My routine went like this: 3 sets of 10 reps, in a circuit. Oh snap, crossfit just got owned.
Pushups
Squats
Rows
OHP
Curls
Kickbacks
Situps

Simple and effective. I began with doing pushups on my knees and curling 15 pound DBs I was so weak. In a few weeks, I was using 30# DBs and doing real pushups. In between, I used drop sets. I would do as many real pushups as I could, and when I hit failure, I would do easier versions. Same for every other lift. I would use the heaviest weight I could, then when I failed, use a lighter weight until I finished my reps. Squats were body weight at first, and then holding DBs in my hands as I progressed.

My diet didn't change much at all. I ate mostly meat and fresh vegetables, which I still do to this day. Calorie intake was 3-4k I got stronger, I got bigger, I got leaner. Yes, after a few months, the big gains stopped and I had to work harder for them. I eventually joined a gym. But for those of you who are small, weak, and sad, you don't need all that at first. I had a floor, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 pound dumbbells, and a hatred of not taking up an entire doorway. Thats all you need to get started. So get after it.

-Brute

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice! Running this on Facebook tomorrow.

Can I move this to "articles"?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Nice! Nice! Nice!
Good short article Brute.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,463, Level: 80 Points: 15,463, Level: 80 Points: 15,463, Level: 80
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice! Running this on Facebook tomorrow.

Can I move this to "articles"?
Absolutely! I wasn't sure where to put it and didn't want to be presumptuous.

Share with Facebook