Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
wimpy
wimpy
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8 Points: 443, Level: 8
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

wimpy is off to a bad start
Default fun fact

Did you know people who read the nutritional food labels on food eat 5% less of fat than people who do not read them.
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Ryano
Ryano
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,813, Level: 49 Points: 5,813, Level: 49 Points: 5,813, Level: 49
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I read them, and by BMI standards, I'm morbidly obese. Reading labels doesn't burn any calories. Not that it matters. LOL

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Fun fact...People that read nutritional labels know how to read.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
Did you know people who read the nutritional food labels on food eat 5% less of fat than people who do not read them.
Yeah, but they eat a lot more sugar So, when was this "study" conducted and on how many people?

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Fat is not the enemy that the FDA and the government would have you believe.

Pass the butter!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Fat is not the enemy that the FDA and the government would have you believe.

Pass the butter!
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why do you believe the US government, and all other western governments want to reduce the fat intake of its citizens? Are you saying they are mistaken?

Warning: if the answer involves a conspiracy theory, I'm eating this computer right now, with a low fat spread on the keyboard.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

How fat fits into a healthy balanced diet is not talked about. Fat is portrayed as the enemy, even in childrens diets. Children need good fat in their diet for proper development.

Our kids today are not getting fat from eating fat as much as they are from eating an overabundance of processed grains.

Whole grain is held up as the healthy choice. Foods like Cheerio's are being driven home as health food.

I'm not into the conspiracy angle. However the government has shown time and again that they screw things up royally, and get things wrong.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn

I would rather see my child go to school after eating some eggs and milk, rather than a bowl of cereal, and milk.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100 Points: 1,481,040, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why do you believe the US government, and all other western governments want to reduce the fat intake of its citizens? Are you saying they are mistaken?

Warning: if the answer involves a conspiracy theory, I'm eating this computer right now, with a low fat spread on the keyboard.
I think they are greatly mistaken. It's not a conspiracy. The fat/cholesterol fear craze started in this country because of one politician's iron will...

Here's a book I highly recommend:

http://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Phys...dp/0916764206/

I certainly have no interest in pushing my beliefs, but I will say that none of this is conspiratorial in nature. Most of it is about ridding processed foods. In that vein, low-fat, low-sugar foods are processed foods and usually filled with extra nonsense and a high concentration of grain based carbs, sugars and oils. Corn oil, corn syrup, rape seed oil.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Kids these days are not fat because of excess fats in their diets or an over-abundance of grains...They are fat because they eat larger portions, are lazy, and don't go outside and play any more!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook