Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Chameleon
Chameleon
is loving his family! 2012 will be my most creative year to date! Let's play the groove brother!
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
My Mood: Happy
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start
Default Steve Reeves' Lifting Stats

I'm trying to find Reeves' PR's but I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone know what the #'s to his best lifts are?

Cheers

C
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100 Points: 1,477,244, Level: 100
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good question. Read quite a bit on Steve but don't recall his numbers.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

"Reeves shocked all in attendance by cleaning the most at with a lift of 225 pounds. Reeves also routinely performed strict reps in the dumbbell incline curl with 90-pound dumbbells."

Source: Max Contraction

Not sure if that link is of any further use.

May find info here: http://www.stevereeves.com/Bodybuilder/bodybuilder.html

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 01-20-2012 at 06:53 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Chameleon
Chameleon
is loving his family! 2012 will be my most creative year to date! Let's play the groove brother!
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
My Mood: Happy
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Thanks for that, 5k. Every number helps.

90lbs for biceps on the incline
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
old school
old school
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: barbell hack squats
Fav Supp: milk
My Mood: Chatty
old school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality posts

In the August 1947 issue of S&H, shortly after Steve won the Mr. A, the following exercises
and poundages were listed as part of his routine: Wide Grip Bench Presses (collar-to-collar grip)
3 X10-12 with 215 lbs, Incline DB Presses (no weight listed, but Reeves used 110 lb DBs),
Curl and Press, 2 X 10, 65 lb DB; Lat Pulldowns, 3 X 10-12, 225lbs; For arms: Tricep Press
(one DB held with both arms) 2 X 10, 70 lb DB, lying DB tricep press, 2 X 10, 45 lb DBs;
Incline DB Curl, 6 X 10, starting with 65's and working down to 50's; For legs: Front Squats,
3 X 15, 150 lbs: Calf Raises using Leg Press Machine 4 X 20, starting with 400 lbs and going
down to 250 lbs. Reeves could also do a kneeling clean with 220 lbs. Oh, Reeves bodyweight was
listed as 213 lbs.
old school is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook