Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,080, Level: 95 Points: 25,080, Level: 95 Points: 25,080, Level: 95
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
For big, tall and muscular, I think Clint Walker takes some beating. 6'6" and massive shoulders. Edit to add: maybe not as big as I remember, but still a big guy.
How many kids can name one movie Clint Walker was in ( without doing a search on the internet.)?

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
How many kids can name one movie Clint Walker was in ( without doing a search on the internet.)?
Me! ME! Me!

Without googling:

Killdozer
Sam Whiskey (?) The one with Angie Dickenson and Burt Reynolds
The Dirty Dozen

And I think he was in a series called Cheyenne.

I'm still a kid.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100 Points: 128,887, Level: 100

Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Stallone still going strong @ 65.

I can't see past those tattoos. He looks like he's got a shawl on. What was he thinking of? Good physique, and now half of it is covered in ink.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand how he thinks that is an improvement on his unadorned physique in the earlier pic.

I just don't get tats at all.

Edit to add: I'm assuming they're real and not for a film role?

Last edited by Tannhauser; 01-18-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn

Other candidates: Hugh Jackman's got a nice 'hollywood' physique. Ryan Reynolds too.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I can't see past those tattoos. He looks like he's got a shawl on. What was he thinking of? Good physique, and now half of it is covered in ink.
Not sure why lifters do that. I don't care for the look. But them again, if I had the cash he does I might be more frivolous.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
Hazzard
Hazzard
is proud to represent Muscle and Brawn. And Pop Tarts.
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
My Mood: Sleepy
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand how he thinks that is an improvement on his unadorned physique in the earlier pic.

I just don't get tats at all.

Edit to add: I'm assuming they're real and not for a film role?

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100 Points: 1,361,199, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will say that I live in the land of Harley-Davidson, where 2 out of 3 people seem to have arm sleeves. It does get old seeing bad ink on grandmothers.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
I also don't understand the appeal of jewelry or any sort of piercings, including ears, on men or women. Does not compute.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
Chameleon
Chameleon
is loving his family! 2012 will be my most creative year to date! Let's play the groove brother!
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
My Mood: Happy
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

Well I think I'm the odd one out here guys, I like tattoos, but only if they've got personal meaning to that individual. Stallone's tats I believe have a pic of his wife weaved into it somewhere & reference's to his kids. I think that maybe through age he has started sporting the odd stretch mark or two, & being Hollywood, that can't happen. So he's covered them up with real tattoo's. If he wants to do that, that's fine, we're human & can do what we want. But I've got stretch marks, but I rather like them. They tell me of my life journey, like a chapter of my life almost.

Hugh Jackman, yeah that guy is big. I should've put him on at the start.

My favourite, Sly, if it wasn't for Rocky & Rambo I wouldn't be lifting.
2nd favourite, Statham, the guys got honesty about his body that I like. He's not massive, but he's no midget.

C
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #20
Chameleon
Chameleon
is loving his family! 2012 will be my most creative year to date! Let's play the groove brother!
Brawn
Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23 Points: 1,673, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2yrs
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Apple Cider Vinegar
My Mood: Happy
Chameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good startChameleon is off to a good start

What I wonder is this. Are their workouts/diets much different to Powerlifters or Bodybuilders?

Like, what would Stallone train/eat like?
The Mayans never said that 2012 was the end of the world, they said it was the end of the world as we know it. Does this mean the sky will be green & the grass will be blue? Maybe the oceans will turn to beer & the oxygen into marijuana smoke. Or maybe the banking sector will get destroyed & money will therefore be useless, meaning that humans can live as creative individuals with the opportunity to express themselves freely. I truly hope so, as long as I can still play music & lift weights!
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook