Max Brawn
Points: 8,225, Level: 61 Points: 8,225, Level: 61 Points: 8,225, Level: 61
Activity: 98% Activity: 98% Activity: 98%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
My Mood: Cheerful
RobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beastRobMoriRB is a lifting beast

hell of a work out, and can't wait till PR city bama keep it up
Bench: 330(295)
Total: 1155lbs
Equipped Goals(Current)
Squat: 500(405)
Dead Lift:500(475)
Bench:330(295)
Total:1175
Oly Lifting
Snatch: 225(175)
CJ: 315(225)
Total: 400

BW: 250lbs

Block Program: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16237
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #422
MikeM
MikeM
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Nice pullups! And go get that bench PR!

Good stuff, Bama.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #423
bamazav
bamazav
Dog House Training, home of the Walker Dips!Geezers Rule!
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 25,001, Level: 95 Points: 25,001, Level: 95 Points: 25,001, Level: 95
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
My Mood: Amazed
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Default 9/21/12 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Experiment

WORKING SETS

Behind the Neck Press
5 x 65
5 x 95
5 x 105
5 x 105
5 x 105
Pump Sets
10 x 8 x 65

Front Squats
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 125
1 x 130
DONE for the day

NOTES
Session started well, though I felt a bit off strength wise.
BHNP - added 5 lbs to my 5 x 5 sets and 15 lbs to the 8 rep sets. My arms were on fire when done with these.
Front Squats - Fighting DOMs from the Good Mornings on Wednesday. Tight Hams and Glutes didn't help but as I stared the fourth set, the back screamed "NO WAY!"

Spent most of the day stretched out on my back. I am going to take some time to rethink my leg work. If there is no sign of improvement on Monday, I will take it off giving me almost a full week off. I need to figure out how to work my legs without much if any stress to the lower back. I am thinking DB lunges and step ups until my back is better. I am also going to rework my nutrition plan. Today was very clear that I have not been up to par. I am ticked, but not quitting, just restructuring.

Seeking to be transformed, not conformed!

Become a disciple of the bar. - glwanabe

The Official Get Fit For The King Website

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #424
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

For "no-back" leg work, I like Bulgarian Split Squats and heavy sled pulls.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #425
bamazav
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I have been intentionally scarce the past few days. I am trying to allow for some relief to my L5-L1. In 1996 I was diagnosed with a diffused disc, essentially a bulge all the way around (think of pushing down on an oreo and watching the creme squeeze out from all around). Due to the Long, 6 month, delay in finding the problem, I was past the rehab stage and started a course of epidural pain and corto-steroid treatments. Even after 4 kids, I have had more epidurals than the wife. As I was heading in for a treatment the doc met me in the hall and said, " I heard you coming down the hall, you are clopping like a horse, get to the surgeon asap." I had started to develop foot drop. I ended up having a lamonectomy (removal of the lamon and widening of the nerve holes) and a discectomy ( a shaving of the entire disc to create a scarring). For the most part, this treatment has been very successful. I have had few problems, aside from the occasional aggravation from some, usually repetitive activity.

The past month or two has been the worst flare up I have had since 96. I can tell the lamonectomy is doing its job, as there is not pain down the leg or numbness, just an annoying deep throb in my left hip. The pain is worse after sitting or bending incorrectly. After some prayer and study, I have determined my course of action for the near future.
1. Daily inversion time - I have not been consistent with this. It will help get blood to the area and relieve any compression
2. Avoid any exercises that will compress the spine - Squats and standing Calf Raises are out for now.
a. Will be working legs with BB Hack Squats, Belt Squats, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, DB Lunges and Step ups.
b. Will be doing some focus on hitting the glutes, as I have discovered mine are week causing a pelvic tilt that puts some stress on the lumbar region. Really open to suggestions here. Step ups will be the primary glute work, as they also hit the quads and hams too.
3. I will not be doing any standing Overhead Work.
4. Back work will be chest supported row variations, pulldown variations and Pullup/Chin up variations
5. Changes to sitting, driving, and general work postures and habits.
6. Hot and cold treatments, depending on daily goal of either reducing inflamation (a bad day) or increasing blood flow to the area.

Just thought I would update so that no one thinks I dropped off the face of the earth.

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil

Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #426
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

At what point if this remains the same, do you head back to the doctor? If you do at all, that is. Assuming there is anything further they could do.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #427
bamazav
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
At what point if this remains the same, do you head back to the doctor? If you do at all, that is. Assuming there is anything further they could do.
That is the issue I am still struggling with myself. At this point, I do not plan to go back to the Doc unless I start to have any symptoms of nerve damage, ie tingling or foot drop. As it stands now, they only thing they will tell me is to stop working out and try to lay down as much as possible. I have learned how to work around it, so now that is the plan. As I noted, I have also discovered some areas that are probably contributing the problem so I am going to work on them.

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil

Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #428
bamazav
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 9/28/12 Dog House Training

First day back after a Walk away

Warmups included:
Foam rolling - I am now a fan
Inversion
bike
light stretching

WORKING SETS

Good Mornings
10 x 45
10 x 65
10 x 95

Stepups - 2 stairs
3 x 10 x BW

Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 70

Flat Bench
5 x 45
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 135
5 x 135
PUMP SETS
10 x 8 x 65

Chest Supported BB Rows
3 x 8 x 65

Glass OHP - Plate Weight Only
10 x 20
10 x 50
10 x 50

WG Pullups

NOTES
I did a lot of studying over the past few days, trying to figure out how best to proceed with training and work around back issues. I have discovered that I am really tight through my hamstrings and glutes which, coupled with too much sitting (driving and study) contributes to a pelvic tilt that most likely is contributing to the pain. I have started a regimen of inversions, foam rolling, tennis ball rolling of target points and my glutes and hams and increasing my enzyme and water intake. While it has only been a few days, I am beginning to see some progress. That said, I will still be working around the back for the foreseeable future. That work will involve more hamstring and glute emphasis, as there are uber tight. I had DOMS from last Wednesday's Good Mornings for days afterward.

Good Mornings - slow, controlled and focused on working the hams not bending the back.
Step ups - I need to find a good step. I am not ready for the bench yet, I need to get a little looser first
Leg Extensions - I picked up a near new Nautilus bench off of Craigslist yesterday. It took a set or two to get used to a new set up. The new set up hits my legs differently and better than my previous extension set up.
Bench Press - It is amazing what a difference a decent bench can make. Realized after the fact that I did not do my usual shoulder prep. Need to remember next time. Since I have not lifted in a week, I did not go for the new PR today.
Chest Supported BB Rows - Had a real difficult time trying to figure out how to set up to get maximum ROM. Not happy with anything I tried. I have a few different ideas to play with in coming days. Will probably make use of Kroc Rows, while I am trying to figure this out.
Glass OHP - Again the new bench made a great difference. Felt good.
WG Pullups - I haven't done these in a week. I was tired going into them and had little gas

All in all, I am pleased with today's session, it was a good start to a new beginning.

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil

Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #429
bamazav
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 10/1/12 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid with back work around

This was a good day!

Warmup
5 minutes bike
inversion
lunges
Shoulder rotations and Scarecrows
Tube routine

THE WORK

RDL
10 x 45
10 x 95
10 x 95

Front Squats with Arms Crossed
5 x 95
5 x 115
3 x 5 x 125

Inversions SS Lying Leg Curls
10 x 35
10 x 35
10 x 35

Behind the Neck Presses
5 x 95
5 x 115
3 x 5 x 125
PUMP SETS
10 x 8 x 75

Kroc Rows
3 x 10 x 50

Pushups
3 x 10 x BW

NOTES
I have focused the past five or six days on my hip, hamstrings and glutes. Purchased a foam roller, the best $15 investment I have made. I increased my water intake and my proteolytic enzymes. I can't single any one thing out, but going into the Dog House this morning I was feeling the best I have felt since the beginning of the summer. Still, I am going to take it slow and work around the back for the foreseeable future. I will be spending more time with the hamstrings and glutes and will be working in some ab work to try to alleviate the effects of my pelvic tilt.

RDL - My lumbar muscles are good and strong, as I have spent a lot of time on them over the past few years. My hamstrings are weak, as I have not spent much time on them. Started light and slow. Focused on keeping good form and control. My goal was to work the hamstrings not burnout the back.

Front Squats - Lightened up a bit, but wanted to work the entire leg today. Was able to go deep with no discomfort at all. I was ready to celebrate after these.

Inversion/ Leg Curl Superset - decompress the back and hit the hamstrings a little more. Again started light to get used to new set up and to focus on hitting hamstrings over just doing the exercise.

BHNP - These felt great. The pump sets nearly killed me. I was not sure I could get through the last few sets.

Kroc Rows - Felt good. Started light, been a while since I have done these. Kept back in position. I am feeling these a bit

Push ups - Wanted to do something to hit chest and triceps but wasn't sure I had bench in me. Half way through these, I was not sure I had these in me either. Arms were gassed.

I am very pleased with today. I feel like I have figured my back issues out and am quickly making progress toward getting back right. I look forward to Wednesday and seeing if the new purchase will be of any use.

Yasen Miroslav Zavadil

Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #430
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice to see you get proactive with this Bama. I hope this works well and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook