Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I presume conserving his urine is an evolutionary adaptation to ensure he's got enough in the tank to keep on scent-marking his territory. It probably applies to lots of male animals. Male mice certainly let it out a bit at a time. One of the least interesting bits of research I've done was counting over 14,000 spots of mouse urine (using UV light). Female mice, by contrast, let it out in one big pool.
Funny how evolution works.

My cats are so stupid that they get their claws lodged in everything and anything and sit there looking dumbfounded for moments on end. It baffles me how some species were able to survive in the wild.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Little Rosa:

Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 137,800, Level: 100 Points: 137,800, Level: 100 Points: 137,800, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Funny how evolution works.

My cats are so stupid that they get their claws lodged in everything and anything and sit there looking dumbfounded for moments on end. It baffles me how some species were able to survive in the wild.
My guess is that cats actually have lost some intelligence in the selective breeding process. Domestic cats have been bred to retain infantile characteristics into adulthood. Wild cats aren't social creatures: they only get together to mate, pretty much. They are, however, social and friendly as kittens. In breeding them selectively to enhance this characteristic, there's probably been an intelligence trade-off along the way.

Selective breeding has definitely made dogs suffer in the brain department. Wolves, for example, can learn through observation, whereas dogs only really learn through trial and error (operant conditioning). Dogs were bred for 'emotional intelligence' (to use a ghastly phrase) - to be responsive to social signals, but it was at the expense of their pure reasoning skills.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 137,800, Level: 100 Points: 137,800, Level: 100 Points: 137,800, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Little Rosa:
Awwww

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Here's Jack...Aka "Bubby" or "Jack Hammer Stone" or "Dummy." He's half chihuahua and half alien species from the Planet X.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dummy-1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	3807   Click image for larger version

Name:	dummy-2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3808  

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
strkout35
strkout35
is starting the full body routine again
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Mellow
strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

My dog is the exact same way, he tends to lift a leg on mailboxes even when he's got nothing left to give, it's hilarious. Here he is

His name's Jeter btw
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Jeter.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	3809  

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Chillen
Chillen
Current Pic/Nov 30th, 2012: Rocken Lean
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
My Mood: Inspired
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

If you change the way you look at things, the things you view will change. To me this doesn't look so stupid. If its cold out, maybe he is "manipulating" his owner to let him in (cause he knows he/she will), and after he gets warmed up, and the owner lets him back outside he takes a dump after being warmed for short time frame.

And, its quite normal for a dog to urinate several times during a walk or when in the yard, and not fully eliminate their urine in their bladder. Its their way of leaving a scent to other animals in the area or a way of marking their area (and in some cases it allows them to find their way back in the event they get lost). You see, this is not a stupid built in instinct.

We had a Chocolate Labrador, and if you would leave the door open, he would literally dash out the door, and be gone. Used to really upset me, because he was about 125 pounds. Once we got him neutered, this stopped. Vet told me a dog can smell pussy (in heat) miles away, and this was what he was after. lol. Not so stupid. Humans do far worse for their own pleasure.

Another thing that my chocolate lab did was dig large holes in our yard during the summer. This really caused complications. But the reason he was digging so much is that the ground underneath was cooler than the surface soil. And, he would simply lay in it to assist himself in being cooler. A dog house cured this problem; with one exception. He had a habit of digging and burying his bones. But this too isn't so stupid. A snack later, eh? Or something to chew on or eat later in case the owner forgets to feed his ass. Again, not so stupid as it is irritating.

Another problem (before neutering) was humping everything in site. One "aerial burial" (when about 9 months old), and this fixed this, after humping my wife's leg for about....oh, 30 seconds. Again, this is instinct, and not a sex act. This act is a attempt to show dominance, not wanting to have sex with her leg (LOL). The act of throwing him in the air, and landing on his ass, ended this dominance, and he understood who the boss was. Some never get it, but in this case with a very smart dog, it took only one time flying in mid flight to get the point.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 01-10-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,432, Level: 80 Points: 15,432, Level: 80 Points: 15,432, Level: 80
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

My lazy labrador. Switches between full blast hyperactivity to complete sleep mode without warning.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gracie.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	3810  

Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #19
JTurner
JTurner
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Beach Pong Champion! Pinboliada Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
My Mood: Cool
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I presume conserving his urine is an evolutionary adaptation to ensure he's got enough in the tank to keep on scent-marking his territory.
My dog lost this part of his evolution. Blows his load at the corner of our street and spends the rest of the walk trying to force something out. Dopiest dog alive but fun to play with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Leo.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	3811  

Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Great pictures.

Quote:
Dopiest dog alive but fun to play with.
The best kind.

Share with Facebook