Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 32,118, Level: 100 Points: 32,118, Level: 100 Points: 32,118, Level: 100
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

What are your goals with your training? Figure them out and put them on paper.

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
TitanCT
TitanCT
throwing iron and eating pizza.
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

My Mood: Aggressive
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Just change it up. Take some time, look in the mirror, be really knitpicky, find the spots yo need to work on the most and modify your workout to target those places a little more.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
Jesda
Jesda
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

Luckily I have not gotten bored yet. But it could happen. I think that it is important to not stop no matter what. Keep training.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth78 View Post
My workouts have started to bore me. I have been lifting for about a year. What do you do to help keep boredom at bay?
Know your goals - these can be in line with your dreams. But get honest to goodness advice concerning your training experience.

You should change your routine every 4-12 weeks. Every program you develop must plan for short term progression. Change up the sets/reps and/or exercise selection and order. Consider what you want and who you are and make your selection based on what you know. On the other hand weight lifting teaches us who we are and what we are made of.

Change it up and force yourself to adapt. This is key.

I do all that and imagine that I am an Iron Warrior who must get stronger and more powerful to one day fight the Iron Dragon.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Snotput Champion! Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjduke View Post
You should change your routine every 4-12 weeks.
I get where you were going with this, but routine wasn't the right word. I don't know what else you should have used, but this gives off the wrong impression.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I get where you were going with this, but routine wasn't the right word. I don't know what else you should have used, but this gives off the wrong impression.
Yep, now that you point it out anything that is routine in itself is kinda boring.

I suppose instead of "routine", the phrase "aspect(s) of your program" would be better suited as it then runs into the next thought quite well... You are best changing aspect(s) of your programming every 4-12 weeks. Every program you develop must plan for short term progression as part of your long term goals. One can change up the sets/reps/exercise selection and/or order based on such goals you wish to achieve and what you enjoy doing while weightlifting.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Snotput Champion! Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Solid advice.

Share with Facebook