Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
Dr.Abs
Dr.Abs
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 163, Level: 3 Points: 163, Level: 3 Points: 163, Level: 3
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Dr.Abs is off to a good startDr.Abs is off to a good startDr.Abs is off to a good start

best of luck, i had to do the same thing a few months back..
Dr.Abs is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjduke View Post
Thanks BendtheBar, but I haven't made it there yet...
True, but the steps you are taking assure me you will.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

"It is an inconspicuous foe created by the mind of a warrior himself. The more such a warrior presses forth, beyond his abilities, the greater this foes strength grows. The silent drumming can barely be heard coming forth from the fabric of the earth, the air, carried upon the wind, the faintest, boom,...boom,...baboom,... signals a time to slow the pace towards the dragon's immortal mountain."

PROGRAM #2

WEEK #2

Session #5 – December 29th 2011
Weigh-In 212lbs.
Body Fat 15%
35 Mins.
Underhand Shoulder Width Chins 8/7/5/4/4/4/3 = 35 total reps
Military Presses 12x140 / 9x140 / 7x140
Close Stance Barbell Back Squats (3” Width) 2x15x210
Rader Breathing Pulls 2 sets of 15 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Breathing Pullovers 20x15

The stress of the holidays plus that hike on Christmas may be impairing my recovery ability and hampering my stamina. Didn’t push too much today and cut a set of squats. I get a better arm pump when chins come after presses – but chins are a heck of a lot easier coming first

Last edited by jasonjduke; 12-29-2011 at 09:08 PM.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
True, but the steps you are taking assure me you will.
I was a bit worried about letting you down this week cause of the following...

I figured out my recent reduction in stamina this week. I thought it might be overtraining, but I had been actually reducing a good amount of workload, so alas it was just B vitamin deficiency. I can list the following things off the top of my head why this may have occurred in the last 6-7 days.

1). Endurance hike at high altitude.
2.) White flour apple pie - yum.
3.) Candy - mostly handfuls of licorice.
4.) Socializing and work related stress increases during the holidays.
5.) Not enough B vitamin foods.

What keyed me off to this was supper last night. Beans, lentils, mushrooms were included in plentiful quantities. I felt better within a couple hours and my slight stiffness and mild lingering DOMS from Monday’s workout nearly disappeared. On intuition I took a double dose of b vitamins and my hunger came back quick and my step had a good amount of bounce at 11pm. I awoke this morning happy as hell and full of life. Go figure, junk food was messing with my training. Whew! I was really beginning to fear my next squat session.

Last edited by jasonjduke; 12-30-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 12-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn

"I now walk into an area of sorrow within the great wasteland. In the distance the mountain of the Iron Dragon stands high shrouded in dark clouds and lightning above the range the separates this world from another. It is here that particular warriors of the Iron Dragon lurk. My senses are more alert to any movement across the plains of sharp volcanic rocks. The air has become heavy. And the sight of the rusted swords, plate mail, and shields are abound in plentiful amounts. Within the armor are fallen Iron Warriors who have marched this path before me. Their death brought about by the warriors of the Iron Dragon. It is said by those who have survived that if one can see beyond the visor of their helm that there is a smoky apparition who mirrors the image of those who dare to look. My time for such a meeting is upon me..."

PROGRAM #2

WEEK #2

Session #6 – December 31st 2011
Weigh-In 212lbs.
Body fat 15%
45 Mins.
Wide Bar Weighted Dips 3x12xBW+50 (262)
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 3x12x210
Cheat Curls 2x10x120
Seated Calf Raises 2x20x195
Barbell Wrist Curls 2x20x105

This session was back on track. The B vitamins were the missing link. I have been eating beans and lentils daily and doubling all B vitamin containing supplements. Energy and stamina was up and I left the gym with no fatigue…actually I felt like I had more energy.

WEEK #2 SUMMARY: BIG Lesson this week of increased B vitamin demand and poor carb nutrition. I hereby vow to avoid white flour and sugar products like they are the plague. Recovery and stamina are back within days. I am still focused in making my move on the important marker of 2x15x315 in the barbell back squat.

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-01-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #16
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn

"The Dragon Warriors have much success in defeating many would be heroes as the bodies of fallen Warriors of Iron are plentiful in this part of the wasteland, their plate armor cut open, their shields broken, and their swords rusted and useless from the eons of time – this is her graveyard."

"Day after day of trudging onward, this state of existence wears upon my mind and penetrates my nerve and very spirit. What of me – will I be defeated here before I have even made it to the Dragon herself?"

"Will I make it through this tribulation?"

"In the distance, under the black clouds and in the thick air of death, I see the Dragon Warrior. It approaches with a heavy footed march, its armor as black as obsidian, its shield glimmers with the reflection of a dark red metal and its sword is chipped and dull from obvious excessive use. Behind the visor of its helm one could only speculate as to what “it” is, but some tell of a mirror of oneself. A trial of the Iron Dragon is agreed. It moves upon me and I parry, my shield easily absorbing his failed thrust. I leap, with my scutum pressed against my body, and knock the warrior off balance. My strike lands true. I stand in awe and raise my head from the fallen body to look upon the peak of Iron Mountain."

"My answer comes before I can formulate the question. Several Dragon Warriors seem to conjure from the dark, heavy air – my time is upon me…"

PROGRAM #2

WEEK #3

Session #7 – January 3rd 2012
Weigh-In 212lbs.
Body Fat 15%
45 Mins.
Barbell Back Squats 15x275 / 2x15x315
Rader Breathing Pulls 2-3 sets of 15 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Breathing Pullovers 20x18
Barbell Bench Press 12x210 / 10x210 / 8x210
Barbell Bent-Over Row 3x12x205

I clinched 2x15x315 on the squats and found my mind and nerves much more stable than last squat session – I am going for 3x15x315. This is not to say that I was pushing the limits of stamina, these are hard to say the least.

I found this session that my bench press is suffering because after squatting I appear to need much more time than 5-7 minutes for my body to recover from the temporary fatigue it induces. This is evidenced by adding 10 pounds to my rows, and making every rep, after 12-15 minutes of benching.

My metabolism has recently spiked and I have increased all amounts of nutrition and supplementation – especially protein. I am currently consuming 6-12 whole large eggs per day, up to 2-3 pounds of a variety of high quality meat, and a copious amount of beans, lentils, and peas daily, and I am quickly approaching a half gallon of whole milk daily for 4-5 days a week. This would roughly put my protein consumption at a minimum of 300 grams per day. I am most likely averaging 350-400 grams of protein daily.

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-03-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100 Points: 1,540,515, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Go figure, junk food was messing with my training. Whew!
I can't handle junk food much anymore. I wake up the next day feeling like I have a hangover. A little is ok, but a half bag of chips is a no-no for me.

Regarding socializing and stress, after about 2 hours I need my man chair.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
Mr.Silverback
Mr.Silverback
focused on Nationals
Max Brawn
Points: 12,978, Level: 74 Points: 12,978, Level: 74 Points: 12,978, Level: 74
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
My Mood: Daring
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Quote:
"The Dragon Warriors have much success in defeating many would be heroes as the bodies of fallen Warriors of Iron are plentiful in this part of the wasteland, their plate armor cut open, their shields broken, and their swords rusted and useless from the eons of time – this is her graveyard."

"Day after day of trudging onward, this state of existence wears upon my mind and penetrates my nerve and very spirit. What of me – will I be defeated here before I have even made it to the Dragon herself?"

"Will I make it through this tribulation?"

"In the distance, under the black clouds and in the thick air of death, I see the Dragon Warrior. It approaches with a heavy footed march, its armor as black as obsidian, its shield glimmers with the reflection of a dark red metal and its sword is chipped and dull from obvious excessive use. Behind the visor of its helm one could only speculate as to what “it” is, but some tell of a mirror of oneself. A trial of the Iron Dragon is agreed. It moves upon me and I parry, my shield easily absorbing his failed thrust. I leap, with my scutum pressed against my body, and knock the warrior off balance. My strike lands true. I stand in awe and raise my head from the fallen body to look upon the peak of Iron Mountain."

"My answer comes before I can formulate the question. Several Dragon Warriors seem to conjure from the dark, heavy air – my time is upon me…"

PROGRAM #2

WEEK #3

Session #7 – January 3rd 2012
Weigh-In 212lbs.
Body Fat 15%
45 Mins.
Barbell Back Squats 15x275 / 2x15x315
Rader Breathing Pulls 2-3 sets of 15 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Breathing Pullovers 20x18
Barbell Bench Press 12x210 / 10x210 / 8x210
Barbell Bent-Over Row 3x12x205

I clinched 2x15x315 on the squats and found my mind and nerves much more stable than last squat session – I am going for 3x15x315. This is not to say that I was pushing the limits of stamina, these are hard to say the least.

I found this session that my bench press is suffering because after squatting I appear to need much more time than 5-7 minutes for my body to recover from the temporary fatigue it induces. This is evidenced by adding 10 pounds to my rows, and making every rep, after 12-15 minutes of benching.

My metabolism has recently spiked and I have increased all amounts of nutrition and supplementation – especially protein. I am currently consuming 6-12 whole large eggs per day, up to 2-3 pounds of a variety of high quality meat, and a copious amount of beans, lentils, and peas daily, and I am quickly approaching a half gallon of whole milk daily for 4-5 days a week. This would roughly put my protein consumption at a minimum of 300 grams per day. I am most likely averaging 350-400 grams of protein daily.
I enjoyed reading this!
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
Mr.Silverback
Mr.Silverback
focused on Nationals
Max Brawn
Points: 12,978, Level: 74 Points: 12,978, Level: 74 Points: 12,978, Level: 74
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
My Mood: Daring
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

edit: This log is like reading an action novel...I love it Jason!!! and nice work in here!
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
jasonjduke
jasonjduke
has no status.
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I can't handle junk food much anymore. I wake up the next day feeling like I have a hangover. A little is ok, but a half bag of chips is a no-no for me.

Regarding socializing and stress, after about 2 hours I need my man chair.
I didn't really think some junk around the holidays would put me down in training stamina, especially since I am really try to rep out a foundation before I get to getting strong and big with some power and bulk training. This reminds me, I need to go take a dose of B vitamins and sit in my man chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
I enjoyed reading this!

edit: This log is like reading an action novel...I love it Jason!!! and nice work in here!
Thank you, I am glad the big strong gorilla likes story.

I used to be into fantasy big time when I was younger. Having a story helps me to stay motivated and keep me fearless. I generally visualize my workout the night before while in bed. I see myself repping the weights and doing those squats and chins and other exercises. Sometimes I start to do it over and over again that those barbells, weight plates, and black mats in the gym turn to swords, shields and rock slabs of volcanic wasteland. Within Iron Mountain the Iron Dragon is simply an embodiment of what we have yet to become. She has not one bit of mercy, she attempts to trick us into failing and becoming weak - thinking our strength isn't within us, her screeches of deceit grate our mind into confusion and she is in control of everything that holds, halts, and prevents us from becoming greater and stronger. She is the the fury, the fire, the fearlessness...

The Iron Dragon doesn't rise unless she is truly challenged and we can only battle her when we hammer down, cross the line and push beyond that which was once who we were.

To defeat the Iron Dragon is to conquer the Iron.

Last edited by jasonjduke; 01-04-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Share with Facebook