Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
michaelp
michaelp
has no status.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

michaelp is off to a bad start
Default Body Pump Classes - Any Good?

Hi,
I wanted to get back into working out.
Recently, I've been joining those 1 hour Body Pump classes at the gym, which involves doing a range of weights for 1 hour with a gym instructor in a class.
Many of my muscles burn and the work out is great both in terms of cardio and muscle training.

Just wondering though, what effects do Body Pump classes have? Are the exercises more for building endurance, or power?

My aim is to lose weight and build muscle.
michaelp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelp View Post
Hi,
I wanted to get back into working out.
Recently, I've been joining those 1 hour Body Pump classes at the gym, which involves doing a range of weights for 1 hour with a gym instructor in a class.
Many of my muscles burn and the work out is great both in terms of cardio and muscle training.

Just wondering though, what effects do Body Pump classes have? Are the exercises more for building endurance, or power?

My aim is to lose weight and build muscle.

The ones I've seen advertsised where we live tend to use an aerobic step and weights, barbell normally with what looks like fixed weights. There is a friend who is a doctor and she did bodypump classes and ejoyed them, and she's really into fitness. I'd omagine they are more endurance based but lifting a weighted barbell continually for a good 45mins to 1 hour, depedning on how long the barbell is used for during the session, would build muscle of some sort.

I found a couple of links, might not be the best, but they give some idea of what may occur in a bodypump class (just realised the links may be irrelevant since you already go to bodypump classes, sorry, but I'll leave them for others to see:

Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
runwithme
runwithme
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

runwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality postsrunwithme has made some quality posts

I would love to take a few of these classes. But none are in my area yet
runwithme is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook