Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
T-Bone
T-Bone
in the groove.
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
My Mood: Inspired
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

No answer here either. I vary my diet so I haven't fallen into that trap. I'll go on a kick for a week or so, then move to something else, then back, then somewhere else, etc.

As an aside, there are two foods that I hated and ate way too much of growing up. (I felt it was impolite to refuse my mother's cooking when she fixed these things). They are: creamed corn and that nasty green bean casserole with the canned fried onions on top. Dis-Gust-Ing!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,498, Level: 78 Points: 14,498, Level: 78 Points: 14,498, Level: 78
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I don't think you understand. I literally eat eggs almost every day. Like maybe miss 1 day a month. And this has been going on for years... Sometimes I boycott and eat oatmeal for a week. But I'm always back to it the following week. That will last several months before I boycott again.
No no, I totally understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I'm not that stoked about certain foods too. When that happens I just find something else to eat instead. There are so many choices, I guess I don't get why someone would force themselves to eat something they don't want.

Eggs can certainly get over-used, that's for sure.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
No no, I totally understand where you're coming from. Sometimes I'm not that stoked about certain foods too. When that happens I just find something else to eat instead. There are so many choices, I guess I don't get why someone would force themselves to eat something they don't want.

Eggs can certainly get over-used, that's for sure.
The beauty of eggs is their variety. You can almost anything into eggs and it will taste good. You can also make them in different form; over-easy, scrambled, omelet, etc..

If I get sick of scrambled, I'll switch to over-easy or something else. Its beautiful.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,498, Level: 78 Points: 14,498, Level: 78 Points: 14,498, Level: 78
Activity: 57% Activity: 57% Activity: 57%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The beauty of eggs is their variety. You can almost anything into eggs and it will taste good. You can also make them in different form; over-easy, scrambled, omelet, etc..

If I get sick of scrambled, I'll switch to over-easy or something else. Its beautiful.
Exactly. I'm on a breakfast burrito kick right now. I cook a few pieces of bacon, then scramble eggs in the grease from the bacon, then put it on american cheese on a Mission carb balance wheat tortilla. It comes out to about 500 cals and less then 10g of net carbs with over 20g of fiber.

Sometimes I substitute sausage crumbles for the bacon. It's hard to mess up a breakfast burrito.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #15
bruteforce
bruteforce
is Mr. Competitor
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,449, Level: 80 Points: 15,449, Level: 80 Points: 15,449, Level: 80
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Beef stirfry. Sure, it sounds great, but I had it twice a week for 3 years. Now I like it again if I actually fix it, but it takes a lot of will power to fire up the wok and not just turn the beef into a hamburger.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,987, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I ate hard boiled egg after hard boiled egg for many, many years. Plain, dry-yolked and completely unsatisfying.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #17
Shadowschmadow
Shadowschmadow
aka El Cappy-Tan
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29

Soccer Tournament Champion!
Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
My Mood: Tired
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Exactly. I'm on a breakfast burrito kick right now. I cook a few pieces of bacon, then scramble eggs in the grease from the bacon, then put it on american cheese on a Mission carb balance wheat tortilla. It comes out to about 500 cals and less then 10g of net carbs with over 20g of fiber.

Sometimes I substitute sausage crumbles for the bacon. It's hard to mess up a breakfast burrito.
I'll give that a try sometime. In the meantime, steve's got me locked in on omelets this weekend.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
Goat
Goat
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33 Points: 3,004, Level: 33
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: MEAT
My Mood: Yeehaw
Goat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machineGoat is a lifting machine

US Army "yakisoba" basically hamburger and noodles dry and tasteless. once a week for eight years.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
bulletproof
bulletproof
has no status.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

bulletproof is off to a bad start

I've never dieted very hard, but my gf seems to enjoy it.
When she's on-season, she eats only fish, chicken breast and rice. She hates them, but wouldn't miss a meal for anyhting in the world.
bulletproof is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #20
vcjha
vcjha
has no status.
New Brawn
Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9 Points: 458, Level: 9

vcjha is off to a bad start

The absolute worst ever was olive shots to reach the amount of fat needed in the anabolic diet.
vcjha is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook