Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Supplement Reviews Read and post reviews for popular bodybuilding supplements

Old 05-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
espm1000
espm1000
has no status.
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
My Mood: Inspired
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts
Default MAN Sports Game Day Review

I have never done a review before, but I owe an honest review to Learn for shipping a free sample out. This is going to be a long one, so bear with me; this product deserves it.

I have several issues with pre-workouts that not many other people may experience, but unfortunately for me it really limits my selection of supplements. I have tried ACG 3, Jack3d, Coastal Rush, and numerous others, but I tend to be extremely sensitive to beta-alanine, caffeine, and various stimulants. Taste sensitivity is also a big factor for me. If it doesn't have a decent flavor I tend to feel like I'm going to gag.

Some of these pre-workouts bother me so much so that I often can't get through my warm-ups because the stimulants increase my heart rate, speed up my breathing, and give me an overall sense of paranoia that something is incredibly wrong. Needless to say, I spend most of my time while on pre-workouts wondering if I am dying instead of focusing on my lifts, even when I cut the serving sizes down drastically.

I am happy to report that Game Day is one of the only pre-workouts I have used that actually enhanced my workout without providing a feeling of nervousness and shortness of breath. My energy level was high without that feeling of overkill or that feeling of being on speed that most supplements give me. Game Day helped me decrease my rest periods and keep intensity high all while keeping a decent amount of weight on the bar. It made what would usually be a tough workout for me seem easy.

Another note on Game Day is that the flavor was amazing. Most lemon-lime flavored powdered supplements I have tasted have the distinct taste of squeezing lemon juice into my mouth directly after brushing my teeth. Simply put, they taste disgusting. Game Day's flavor tasted like fresh lemonade made by a sweet old lady who knew exactly how much lime to add to it. In other words, it tasted pretty darn close to my Grandma's lemonade.

One of the most important factors to me is that every single ingredient is listed with the specific amounts. There is none of that proprietary blend non-sense that is essentially the company saying, "there may be tons of fillers in here, but we're going to let you think that all ingredients are of the highest quality." In fact, some companies don't even list the amounts of ingredients per serving!

However, as great as a product this is there are a few caveats. Although the price is decent, I feel that the servings per container are a little bit limited. If you use the recommended 2 scoops for extreme performance as opposed to the 1 scoop listed in the serving size as the adult dietary supplement you only get about 15 servings. That is just a small factor though as one serving seems to be enough.

I am also really big on BCAA's, and although Game Day does have Tyrosine I would have liked just a bit of leucine or another essential BCAA. They did make an excellent call however on not adding glutamine to the ingredients. When taken before a workout l-glutamine can actually result in increased levels of ammonia in the body, resulting in a horrible lactic acid type burning sensation. I'm certain that Game Day uses their combination of ingredients for a good reason, and it's working, so this point isn't that big either.

Overall, this is an amazing product worth purchasing and if I weren't so strapped right now I would buy it myself.

Last edited by espm1000; 05-21-2011 at 12:23 PM.
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Learn
Learn
High Octane
OLD GUY
Brawn
Points: 1,654, Level: 23 Points: 1,654, Level: 23 Points: 1,654, Level: 23
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

My Mood: Asleep
Learn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good posts

Thanks for the positive feed back brotha Glad to see you finally found a Pre workout that does not effect you in a negative manner .

LRN483 trueprotein discount
Learn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
espm1000
espm1000
has no status.
Manlet on Fire
Brawn
Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29 Points: 2,382, Level: 29
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2+
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
My Mood: Inspired
espm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good postsespm1000 has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn View Post
Thanks for the positive feed back brotha Glad to see you finally found a Pre workout that does not effect you in a negative manner .
Me too. You have no idea how happy I am to have found one that doesn't give me the jitters!
espm1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great writeup. Can I use it for the MAB front page? PM me if interested...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Added this to the front page for more MAN Sports love.

MAN Sports Game Day Review - Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding, Powerlifting and Muscle Building.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Learn
Learn
High Octane
OLD GUY
Brawn

Learn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good postsLearn has made some good posts

very nice

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83 Points: 17,092, Level: 83

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I too tried Game Day from Man Sports. I must admit that I am very impressed. By far the best tasting pre-workout that I have tried to date. Great focus without the "jitters" and it lasted for the duration of the training session. Great work Man Sports, a good product!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
therealmarcogalindo
therealmarcogalindo
is training hard .
therealmgalindo
Brawn
Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12 Points: 615, Level: 12
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADLIFT.
Fav Supp: Protein.
My Mood: Amused
therealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good poststherealmarcogalindo has made some very good posts

This seems to be a great product. I want to try some, where can i get this ?
therealmarcogalindo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Learn
Learn
High Octane
OLD GUY
Brawn

Game Day

By: MAN Sports
The New Premier Extreme Intensity Pre-Performance Fuel!

GAME DAY™ is hyper-loaded with clinically proven doses of research backed and battle-field tested ingredients that will fuel ongoing, explosive muscular power.

Take an EXTRA 20% Off MAN Sports Game Day. Use coupon GAME20 when checking out.
Find more coupons »

Share with Facebook
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #10
MAiNeIAC
MAiNeIAC
MANsports Rep
New Brawn
Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good posts

nice nice, very nice. hey boys, take with clout for an unreal workout...
MAiNeIAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook