Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,628, Level: 75 Points: 13,628, Level: 75 Points: 13,628, Level: 75
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I'm currently supplementing fiber just because I'm doing a diet that's very low carb most of the time. If you're doing paleo then get tons of green veggies and apples as suggested and you should get plenty of fiber. Fiber supplements, however, are cheap and easy to add to a protein shake, so it's a good idea to toss a little extra in even if you aren't having issues.

As for the creatine, Just find a good deal from a reputable name. Just get monohydrate, don't worry about the fancy versions.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
mab54
mab54
The Imp!
Max Brawn
Points: 6,399, Level: 52 Points: 6,399, Level: 52 Points: 6,399, Level: 52
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
My Mood: Inspired
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
It depends on how much money you want to spend. Just plain bulk creatine mono will work. I like to use Con-Crete in my contest preps, but its significantly more expensive. If I where you, I would go the bulk route, see how it works for you, then make the decision on if you want to branch out from there. Stay away from brands with a crap load of sugar or dextrose in them. You will bloat like crazy.

Edit: without grains, it should be easier to get fiber into your diet. Eat apples, tons of fiber. Apples are one of the biggest staples of my current diet. I do supplement fiber when cutting as I need to keep things moving, if you catch my drift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm currently supplementing fiber just because I'm doing a diet that's very low carb most of the time. If you're doing paleo then get tons of green veggies and apples as suggested and you should get plenty of fiber. Fiber supplements, however, are cheap and easy to add to a protein shake, so it's a good idea to toss a little extra in even if you aren't having issues.

As for the creatine, Just find a good deal from a reputable name. Just get monohydrate, don't worry about the fancy versions.
Thanks a lot! I'm going to buy monohydrate tonight.

Also I'm going to add a lot more veggies and apples to my diet soon (just started yesterday with paleo still getting everything worked out), do you guys reccomend any fiber supps?
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 13,628, Level: 75 Points: 13,628, Level: 75 Points: 13,628, Level: 75
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

For fiber, I found a cheap one at Target that only had 1 more gram of carbs per serving than fiber, which is important for my low carb diet. That being said, just find a powder that will mix in a drink. That's the best kind to use.

Remember a huge part of paleo is veggies. People tend to confuse paleo with a low carb diet, which it isn't. It's lower in carbs than most modern diets just because it's grain free.

Any healthy diet, paleo or not, should include plenty of green veggies.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
austin.j.taylor
austin.j.taylor
does wayyy too many strongman contests
Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Thanks a lot! I'm going to buy monohydrate tonight.

Also I'm going to add a lot more veggies and apples to my diet soon (just started yesterday with paleo still getting everything worked out), do you guys reccomend any fiber supps?
I use NOW psyllium husk capsules.
Deadlift: 473
Push Press: 235X3
Clean and Strict Press: 175X3
12 inch Log Press: 250
Yoke: 650X18.5'
Atlas Stone: 300 over 48" bar
Hummer Tire Dead: 500X3
18" Deadlift: 550
Many more PR's to come
Youtube user name: Coachlefty
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
mab54
mab54
The Imp!
Max Brawn
Points: 6,399, Level: 52 Points: 6,399, Level: 52 Points: 6,399, Level: 52
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Fav Supp: Scivation whey
My Mood: Inspired
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
I use NOW psyllium husk capsules.
I always heard powders were better. I'm not saying yours aren't good because I havn't tried either, just what I've heard. Do you think capsules work as good/better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
For fiber, I found a cheap one at Target that only had 1 more gram of carbs per serving than fiber, which is important for my low carb diet. That being said, just find a powder that will mix in a drink. That's the best kind to use.

Remember a huge part of paleo is veggies. People tend to confuse paleo with a low carb diet, which it isn't. It's lower in carbs than most modern diets just because it's grain free.

Any healthy diet, paleo or not, should include plenty of green veggies.
I think my dad uses the Target brand so will just start using it.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook