focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine
Default AIPA Training Method Log

I'm back and ready to my body back in to full gear! I've gone back to training 4 days a week with an upper and lower body day. Today is my active recovery, so I will be doing some upper and lower body sled pulling, SMR, and light static stretching.

It's awesome to be training with a group again and looking forward to posting up some PRs.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

looking forward to seeing it D.

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

THURSDAY: Dynamic Effort Upper Body

Dynamic Bench Press: 8 sets of 3 reps
Pull-ups: 4 sets of 8
Barbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 8-10
Seated Row: 4 sets of 8-10
Biceps/Triceps: Supersetted for 3 x 8-10

Fridayynamic Lower Body Day
contrast: Sled Sprints 10 yards/10 yard sprint 5 sets
Block Clean Pulls: 6x2
Reverse lunges front foot elevated: 3 x 8 each leg
Glute Ham: 3x8
Sprinter Abs

Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking forward to seeing you crush this D.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #5
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100 Points: 33,335, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Subbed! And good to have another WSBB type trainer on the board, good stuff man!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Saturday: Active Recovery: NEURAL CHARGE WORKOUT

I've decided to experiment with this whole Neural Charge workouts that Christian Thibaudeau has been talking alot about on T-Nation. I've heard from both sides on what people think about it, and I figure I'd experiment with it in order to get my own thoughts about this type of training from a personal experience.

4 rounds of these exercises.
3-5 reps/ exercise depending on performance.

1.Med Ball Power Chest Pass into Wall
2. Hang Power Snatch
3. Med Ball Slams
4. Box Jumps

Felt explosive but definitely felt my performance decrease on the last round which was when I lessened the reps on some of the exercises.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Work is crazy!!

Here is what I've been experimenting with lately. I've been following the 6-Week Superhero program from T-Nation's Christian Thibaudeau. I'm not following it just becomes of the name, but I'm intrigued on the idea of having each session training every point on the force-velocity curve.

The results are supposed to be geared towards fat loss and strength maintenance. Thus, far I've been feeling good about the program and my weights are actually slightly going up. I have been experiencing some elbow pain which I usually get from pin presses but it's just my laziness of not being more thorough with my workouts.

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
HumanHorrorFilm
HumanHorrorFilm
has no status.
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 7,818, Level: 59 Points: 7,818, Level: 59 Points: 7,818, Level: 59
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

My Mood: Aggressive
HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Im VERY curious as to your results on that. I want to try it myself, but the logistics of utilizing it in a crowded commercial gym seem to be a pain in the ass. Once my home gym is setup, ill be partaking in that experiment, as my driveway is long enough for the prowler portions as well.

Good luck.

Also, how did th neural charge workout go? How did you figure out how to set them up. Ive been wanting to add "easy" extra sessions during the week, something like 20mins of work, nto too draining.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100 Points: 1,479,211, Level: 100

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck Dmaipa. I need to study up on that. I read it once but forgot about it...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 11-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
dmaipa
dmaipa
focused and ready
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
Im VERY curious as to your results on that. I want to try it myself, but the logistics of utilizing it in a crowded commercial gym seem to be a pain in the ass. Once my home gym is setup, ill be partaking in that experiment, as my driveway is long enough for the prowler portions as well.

Good luck.

Also, how did th neural charge workout go? How did you figure out how to set them up. Ive been wanting to add "easy" extra sessions during the week, something like 20mins of work, nto too draining.
Thanks!

The neural workouts I actually throw in quite often. Sometimes I do something really quick at the end of the work day. It all depends on how i feel at the time I choose to do the neural workout. I believe neural training is more about auto-regulating. My usual set up consist of a full body exercise, push, some kind of jump, and pull. I keep my reps from 3-5 reps and go for 6 rounds. REmember neural workouts are all about performance, once you feel the quality of the reps going down you are going to cause fatigue which will then lengthen your recovery time. You should feel good at the end of the workout, good as in not fatigue and drained but neurally charged.

Share with Facebook