Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

You have done some good work Cleep. It's great to have your kids want to be involved in lifting. My Wife was working a the Reeves for awhile but the heat is keeping her from the garage right now.
My youngest likes to get out there from time to time and get in some work as well.

Great stuff all around. Where are you located in La.?
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
says like NIke "Just do it"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,871, Level: 49 Points: 5,871, Level: 49 Points: 5,871, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
My Mood: Amused
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
You have done some good work Cleep. It's great to have your kids want to be involved in lifting. My Wife was working a the Reeves for awhile but the heat is keeping her from the garage right now.
My youngest likes to get out there from time to time and get in some work as well.

Great stuff all around. Where are you located in La.?
In Albany , just west of Hammond.

My room that I turned into a gym has central unit ducts but for some reason its the hottest room in the house. I actually dont mind though as its still better then outside but not cold. I find i get better work outs sweating my arse off then when its cool.
CLEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #13
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

My wife loves this routine, She dont like change and also we have it down to a science on how to change weights and get through it as fast as we can with the 2 of us lifting together.

It would not take as long when we were at the gym because we would set up 2 bench's when they were not busy, now we use the same one. and have to shift things around a bit.

Im thinking about going and getting some adjustable dumbbells and have her on most all dumbbells. should make wieght change times drop quite a bit.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I love the feeling of gettng a solid sweat going when I'm in the garage. I drink lots of water, and have fans blowing. I try to avoid the hottest part of the day.

When it's cold it really saps the energy. I'll do an extended warmup in the house before heading out. I like it better than a commercial gym even with the weather issues.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I love the feeling of gettng a solid sweat going when I'm in the garage. I drink lots of water, and have fans blowing. I try to avoid the hottest part of the day.

When it's cold it really saps the energy. I'll do an extended warmup in the house before heading out. I like it better than a commercial gym even with the weather issues.
Our ac unit went out last month and we worked out with just a cieling fan on . we both were drenched ( she usually never sweats even though she works hard) but the work out was very intense. I think up ontill this past work out , that was my best one .

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #16
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

My chest and Shoulders have that awsome tight feeling today Im glad I broke routine and went for some extra reps last night. Gl What do you think about me doing the extra reps on bench with heavier weights every friday since i have the extra rest day? I may do it on a different muscle group each friday instead of just chest.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #17
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post

Im thinking about going and getting some adjustable dumbbells and have her on most all dumbbells. should make wieght change times drop quite a bit.
Take my advice and get two sets of handles. Will save you a lot of time.

I use one set for lighter exercises and one set for heavy ones like presses and rows.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #18
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Take my advice and get two sets of handles. Will save you a lot of time.

I use one set for lighter exercises and one set for heavy ones like presses and rows.
what do you think about the adjustable dumbells Like these
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell Pair - Strength Training Equipment at Fitness Equipment Express

such a limited amount of room in my gym , These being adjustable will stay out the way.

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #19
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
what do you think about the adjustable dumbells Like these
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbell Pair - Strength Training Equipment at Fitness Equipment Express

such a limited amount of room in my gym , These being adjustable will stay out the way.
If I had the cash I might try them. They get amazing ratings on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair): Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair): Sports & Outdoors

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If I had the cash I might try them. They get amazing ratings on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells (Pair): Sports & Outdoors
I dont have the extra either but I dont have a lot of room to add extra weights

i have Olympic size barbell and iron so i would have to get plates to fit standard size dumbbells if I go the plate kind of dumbbells. right?

the ones you posted only go to 52.5 lbs, I was thinking of going with the 1090 model to go up to 90 lbs. for when i use them too.

Share with Facebook