Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #101
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78 Points: 14,731, Level: 78
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeper View Post

dont know why but energy level was low today , i had a mild head ache and almost did not do the session.

sounds like your comments belfow about being a little dehydrated are spot on. I found that after a few weeks on this progam i was hungry. This program really burns up some fuel. I've started eating a bit more real protein lately, as opposed to whey.

squats
5x135
5x185
3x205
3x3x220 these felt very heavy today.

thats fine. They are supposed to be a struggle, and it's ok to not complete that last set. This goes for both midweek, and today.

i wanted to move up 10 lbs each week on squats but after today, i will wait and see how i feel on monday.

10lbs a week is a little bit aggressive. This first 8 week cycle is a breaking in period as well. Just work through an 8 week cycle, then take stock of where your at. At that time you will have prepped your body well for some heavier work. You should also see some new muscle.

i am leaning toward going up on my food intake starting monday, not an aggressive bulk but a slow bulk.
good idea. You'll burn it all up. Don't look at the scale. My weight is going up, but i look a bit leaner.

today gets a b

you finished the whole session! Thats an a regardless of how you felt.
solid stuff cleep!!!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #102
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

how is your chest feeling on this routine buddy ?

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #103
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
says like NIke "Just do it"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,718, Level: 48 Points: 5,718, Level: 48 Points: 5,718, Level: 48
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
My Mood: Amused
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
solid stuff cleep!!!
thanks, THose squats and deadlifts use up fuel for sure. I am hungry but still trying to keep the calories on a little deficet . eating more protein also and still taking in my Protein shakes. I use Fusion 7 with a mix of different types of Protein. i just love them and to me they are my ice cream treats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
how is your chest feeling on this routine buddy ?

Carl.
IT still gets hit pretty good with the dips and benching 1 time a week is still giving it what it needs. It never gets sore but I know its working.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #104
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good work getting it done Cleep. It can be a grind dropping weight and adding weight to the bar but in the end it will be worth it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #105
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

thanks Steve, im getting real close to upping the calories to stop dropping weight and maybe build a little muscle over time.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #106
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

WEEK 3 DAY 1 HEAVY DAY

DEAD LIFTS
135X5
155X5
185X3
205X3X4

SQUATS
135X5
185X5
205X3
225X3X4=+5 LBS

BHTNP
135X5
150X5
160X3
180X3X4=+5 LBS PR

BENCH
170X12=+2
170X10

WGPU
9=STRAPPED UP
5=STRAPPED BUT DRAINED
8 NUETRAL GRIP

DIPS
10=HAD TO REST AN EXTRA 30 SECONDS

CABLE CRUNCHES
2X15X70

HANGING KNEE RAISE
2SETS OF 12
DONE

1HR 37 MIN AND WORE OUT

Today was my first day back to work after a party weekend out on the boat all weekend. Woke up at 3 am and started working out at 7:15 p.m. took a scoop of Dymatize expand extreme pump. I have used this stuff before and loved it, after taking all these other brands i may have to go to 1.5 scoops. Never really felt it kick in.

I pushed hard on squats and press's , bench felt heavy after going up on press , Pull ups were very hard tonight and dips were torture.

This was a good work out, BHTNP were deeper then usuall even though I went up on weight. I find that just at the top of the ear also makes my bar touch the safety bars on my power rack. did not touch on the heavy sets but the first 3 sets did. WOrking on depth a little at a time.
Will work this weight a couple weeks to work on depth

Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #107
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

I was trying to do Front squats with the first set and realized, I dont know how to set up right for front squats. It looked simple but doing it was a different story, i am going to use just the bar tonight and play around with them and learn how.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #108
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

So last night my wife sends me to Academy to get my birthday present which was supposed to just be some Dumbbell handles.

You cant buy dumbbell handles with out buying more plates right? I added 4 10 lb plates and 4 5 lb plates for 60 more lbs of plates bringing me to 360 lbs .

Oh yeah and a pair of Chucks

Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #109
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100 Points: 1,474,642, Level: 100

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking strong Cleep. How are feeling after the deadlift and squat combo? You generally still have energy and drive?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #110
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking strong Cleep. How are feeling after the deadlift and squat combo? You generally still have energy and drive?
yes I still have energy, I think I am going up on Dead lifts some next week. Squats feel heavy but deads are really not working me to hard. I feel going up 10 lbs will be a good move .

The Dead lifts / high pull combo feels great.

Share with Facebook