Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,486, Level: 100 Points: 36,486, Level: 100 Points: 36,486, Level: 100
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I have a ropey shoulder right now and will be using it until it's fixed.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #32
JTurner
JTurner
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Beach Pong Champion! Pinboliada Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
My Mood: Cool
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

I am tempted to get one, I like the idea of using them for overloading anyway but if it helps through rough patches then even better.

Out of curiosity how did you figure your size? By the arm measurement I should get a L but from the weight class chart I sit right in the middle of the XL region.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,486, Level: 100 Points: 36,486, Level: 100 Points: 36,486, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I weigh 103kgs and have an XL. Hazzard weighs 15kgs more and also has an XL. If I remember correctly you're around 90kgs so I'd err on the small side and go for large. You'll get more out of it.

LtL

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #34
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
My Mood: Yeehaw
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I got an XL, but my brother weighs 80kg and finds the L very tight and prefers mine. May be worth going for XL, unless you have a very small frame.

Certainly no way I could have fit into his L when I weighed 90kg a few months ago.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #35
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Also I love the Slingshot, it's amaaaaaaaazing. Really is a wonder.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #36
JTurner
JTurner
has no status.
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I weigh 103kgs and have an XL. Hazzard weighs 15kgs more and also has an XL. If I remember correctly you're around 90kgs so I'd err on the small side and go for large. You'll get more out of it.

LtL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I got an XL, but my brother weighs 80kg and finds the L very tight and prefers mine. May be worth going for XL, unless you have a very small frame.

Certainly no way I could have fit into his L when I weighed 90kg a few months ago.
Wouldn't say I have a small frame and I'm sitting just over 90kg comfortably. I am leaning towards the XL just because the only UK supplier I can find has no returns/exchanges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Also I love the Slingshot, it's amaaaaaaaazing. Really is a wonder.
This is what makes me want to try it out, heard a lot of good things about it.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn

Funny you bumped this thread today, I was chatting with my brother earlier today actually and he was saying he hasn't had one shoulder issue since he got his. I realised I hadn't either, 7 months now and absolutely zero shoulder issues. I actually laughed to myself when I realised this, since I would regularly have problems from any very heavy session and just put it down to one of the many 'rewards' of heavy lifting.

However it isn't, and the Sling is still awesome. If you are still interested in Benching Raw though I would at least do some Raw Benching during the week otherwise you will lose bottom end strength.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #38
JTurner
JTurner
has no status.
Max Brawn

I think I am swayed .

Will be keeping raw bench in, just need to figure out where I will use the slingshot.

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #39
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn

Interesting stat Fazc. Now I'm moving to equipped lifting and especially with my recent shoulder mishap, I am giving serious consideration to abandoning heavy raw work entirely and maybe just keeping speed work raw. Thoughts?

LtL

Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #40
Fazc
Fazc
is feeling squirrely!
Max Brawn

That's what I do dude. I don't have any need to do heavy raw stuff any more. It hurts! For the same reason I don't do any raw Squats/Deads anymore either, I will at least wear briefs. I'll typically take a final 120kg raw Bench warm up and that's it I'm done, the rest is done in the Sling or shirt.

The sacrifice is of course, my raw strength. As was demonstrated in the recent Meet, but that was a very unusual situation for me (competing equipped, but Benching unequipped). From now on, it'll be equipped or nothing. A choice which isn't dictated by me, but by the limitations of my body now.

Share with Facebook