Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board

Notices

General Board You can talk about anything here. Life, sports, rants, whatever.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100 Points: 1,508,587, Level: 100
Activity: 70% Activity: 70% Activity: 70%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Gene Simmons Defends Tim Tebow

http://news.radio.com/2013/09/13/gen...all-interview/

Gene Simmons Defends Tim Tebow, Wants Football To Be More Like KISS

Quote:
“He’s got a religious passion, as well he should, we’re in America,” the KISS frontman told Radio.com earlier this week. ”He’s proud to be a Christian, what’s wrong with that? And yet, with sports media and pop culture media, they make fun of his religion. Really? In America? If he was wearing a burqa, they wouldn’t dare say anything [editor's note: only Muslim women wear burqas]. But if you’re a Christian, you get to be picked on? What the hell? The guy’s got family values. I never saw the media picking on Michael Vick for torturing dogs. Or this other football player, who’s alleged to have killed, committed murder. That’s ‘cool.’ But a guy who’s religious and has got family values isn’t ‘cool?’ He’s cool to me.”

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Beverly McD
Beverly McD
Texas
Max Brawn
Points: 2,196, Level: 28 Points: 2,196, Level: 28 Points: 2,196, Level: 28
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Training Type: Powerlifting
My Mood: Amused
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

I watched the video. The guy made some really good points.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,008, Level: 76 Points: 14,008, Level: 76 Points: 14,008, Level: 76
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I like how the reporter has to point out that Gene misused the term burqa, but has no problem calling a bass player the "front man" of the group.

Personally, I think it might be cool for Tebow to play non NFL pro ball for a few years and see if he can learn to apply all the knowledge he picked up in the last few years. He doesn't need to worry about the money. He's going to make millions from personal appearances, and Arena ball may lend itself more to his versatility and physicality.

As far as the hate for Tebow, he's just easy to hate. He's too perfect, but he's also a great quarterback and competitor and people need to at least give him that.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
alothrysis
alothrysis
is hungry.
New Brawn
Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12 Points: 636, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2.5 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
alothrysis is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I like how the reporter has to point out that Gene misused the term burqa, but has no problem calling a bass player the "front man" of the group.

Personally, I think it might be cool for Tebow to play non NFL pro ball for a few years and see if he can learn to apply all the knowledge he picked up in the last few years. He doesn't need to worry about the money. He's going to make millions from personal appearances, and Arena ball may lend itself more to his versatility and physicality.

As far as the hate for Tebow, he's just easy to hate. He's too perfect, but he's also a great quarterback and competitor and people need to at least give him that.
Say whaaaaaaat? I'm in Denver so I had to pipe in. It does stink that people hate on him for his religion. I subscribe to no god but, I definitely don't make fun of people for what they want to believe in.

As for his quarterback skills, that could indeed be made fun of
alothrysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Soldier
Soldier
is judging you.
Max Brawn
Points: 14,008, Level: 76 Points: 14,008, Level: 76 Points: 14,008, Level: 76
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alothrysis View Post
Say whaaaaaaat? I'm in Denver so I had to pipe in. It does stink that people hate on him for his religion. I subscribe to no god but, I definitely don't make fun of people for what they want to believe in.

As for his quarterback skills, that could indeed be made fun of
I'm a Gator, all the way. He won a Heisman and had a hand in 2 national championships while at Florida. He'll go down in history as one of the most well rounded and influential quarterbacks in the history of college football.

I believe he also took you guys to the playoffs when he wasn't even supposed to be a starter. No one will argue that he's struggled lately, but I'd hate to think that people will take away his accomplishments just because he didn't fare as well outside of the college game.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Gorship
Gorship
wants to earn the right to say he Lifts
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23 Points: 1,682, Level: 23
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: 1-2 altogether.
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DeadLift
Fav Supp: Creatine + Beta Alanine.
My Mood: Inspired
Gorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributorGorship is a consistent contributor

+1 for Tim Tebow

ill be going now.
Philippians 1:21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Log!

www.needGod.com
Gorship is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
SCStrong
SCStrong
is a devourer of cows
Max Brawn
Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Seared Beast
My Mood: Aggressive
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Right on, Gene!!

I like Tebow. The media has done all they can to slaughter the guy... Gene was right - if Tebow was a Muslim ( or anything other than Christian ) his religion would have been "off limits" in the press.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
OneMorePlate
OneMorePlate
Rehab/ Phoenix style
Max Brawn
Points: 3,944, Level: 39 Points: 3,944, Level: 39 Points: 3,944, Level: 39
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Leave it to Mr Simmons to hit the "Nail on the Head" with a Sledge Hammer of truth.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 20,775, Level: 90 Points: 20,775, Level: 90 Points: 20,775, Level: 90
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm a Gator, all the way. He won a Heisman and had a hand in 2 national championships while at Florida. He'll go down in history as one of the most well rounded and influential quarterbacks in the history of college football.

I believe he also took you guys to the playoffs when he wasn't even supposed to be a starter. No one will argue that he's struggled lately, but I'd hate to think that people will take away his accomplishments just because he didn't fare as well outside of the college game.
No a great defense and an amazing kicker got them to the playoffs.

He doesn't make good reads, he wont be able to run the ball in the AFL, it will be a difficult transition for him. He will have to be able to throw on a lot of different arm levels, that I think he can do.

What I do think people under estimate about Tebow is he has the "it" factor. He wants the ball in his hands, and if its close he can find a way to win. I will give him that!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook