Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,509, Level: 93 Points: 22,509, Level: 93 Points: 22,509, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
My Mood: Aggressive
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Default My supplement thoughts

I have been doing an experiment lately where I have been completely off of creatine and any NO product. I was taking both of these products for a while and thought it would be good to cycle off of both of them. I am currently only taking stimulant x and protein. I am still having great workouts and hit PRs all the time but I just feel like something is missing.

I feel like it is taking me longer to recover and my body just does not feel as good as it used to. Right now I am contemplating taking the cheap creatine and super nos pump from wal-mart and continuing my use of stimulant x. I like this product and it gives me great workouts. I just feel like something is missing. Does this seem legitimate or is it just in my head. I can not tell, but I am also on a limited budget being at college. So I am just not sure right now.

I have also dropped close to 5 pounds since coming to school but I think that is because I eat much healthier at school than I do at home. Just looking for some insight here to see if I am crazy or not. And looking for some guidance from the wise ones within the community, thanks guys.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100
Activity: 53% Activity: 53% Activity: 53%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I have been doing an experiment lately where I have been completely off of creatine and any NO product. I was taking both of these products for a while and thought it would be good to cycle off of both of them. I am currently only taking stimulant x and protein. I am still having great workouts and hit PRs all the time but I just feel like something is missing.

I feel like it is taking me longer to recover and my body just does not feel as good as it used to. Right now I am contemplating taking the cheap creatine and super nos pump from wal-mart and continuing my use of stimulant x. I like this product and it gives me great workouts. I just feel like something is missing. Does this seem legitimate or is it just in my head. I can not tell, but I am also on a limited budget being at college. So I am just not sure right now.

I have also dropped close to 5 pounds since coming to school but I think that is because I eat much healthier at school than I do at home. Just looking for some insight here to see if I am crazy or not. And looking for some guidance from the wise ones within the community, thanks guys.
I like creatine. It always makes me stronger. But, I get insane pumps. I would use creatine, and maybe switch to some form of caffeine pre-workout - since your budget is limited.

Wal-mart's Body Fortress protein powder has creatine it in. You can get your favorite flavor, add in a scoop of instant coffee, and you have a cheap pre-workout drink.

Or try NOW's creatine mono. It's only $17 for 2.2 of creatine mono.

I've tried Wal-marts NOS Pump and got zip from it. But, as we know, NO products work different for each of us.

So even with the Stimulant X you feel like you are losing your edge a bit? That's really too bad.

I would get back on creatine first and foremost, and see what happens.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I do not feel like I am losing my edge but I miss the pumps. And I feel like it is taking my body a lot longer to recover, yet I am doing less volume than before. I am definitely going to get back on creatine possibly tomorrow.

Another nice thing is that my mom gives me money for food so any supplement bought at wal-mart will go on her tab for the most part. Which is why I was thinking of buying their NO product. I have had good success with NO products in the past but I will have to think this one over.

First and foremost I will go back on creatine. Do you suggest doing a load phase or just 5 grams a day?

Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,813, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I do not feel like I am losing my edge but I miss the pumps. And I feel like it is taking my body a lot longer to recover, yet I am doing less volume than before. I am definitely going to get back on creatine possibly tomorrow.

Another nice thing is that my mom gives me money for food so any supplement bought at wal-mart will go on her tab for the most part. Which is why I was thinking of buying their NO product. I have had good success with NO products in the past but I will have to think this one over.

First and foremost I will go back on creatine. Do you suggest doing a load phase or just 5 grams a day?
I know some people say you don't have to load, but I seem to get good results when I keep my intake above 20 grams the first week, and 10 plus after. For me, keeping the level slightly higher seems to work good for strength.

I might be a fluke though. But I never seem to get the same benefits from 5 grams a day.

And if your mother is footing the bill, have at the NOS Pump

Share with Facebook
Old 09-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

As long as I can get my mom to keep paying for it I will get try the nos pump.

I am going to load the creatine, and I may use a slightly higher dose than I have in the past. With 5 grams I have never felt too much from creatine, but maybe if I go with somewhere between 5 and 10 grams it will work better.

I will keep you posted on the supplement purchases. thanks for your help

Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

NP and good luck.

So you've never had pumps from hell with creatine? I would definitely bump it up a bit.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
bwys61
bwys61
can i get a status
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Amused
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

The stronger that you get, the longer it will take you to recover. Creatine is a must in any training program. I feel that it should always be ready for the body when it needs it.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
The stronger that you get, the longer it will take you to recover. Creatine is a must in any training program. I feel that it should always be ready for the body when it needs it.
Along these lines, i was going to ask you if maybe you had a bit of CNS burnout...

Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
jwood
jwood
has no status.
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

I dont think I have any CNS burnout, I am still very motivated and excited to go to the gym I just feel like it has been taking me longer to recover. Tomorrow I am going to get some creatine and maybe the super nos pump.

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
bwys61
bwys61
can i get a status
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
My Mood: Amused
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

i haven't felt any burnout since I started conjugate lifting. sore as hell, but not CNS burnout
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook