Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #101
J_Byrd
J_Byrd
is the bomb!
Max Brawn
Points: 21,170, Level: 91 Points: 21,170, Level: 91 Points: 21,170, Level: 91
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Spider Solitare Four Suit Champion! Pick Up Sticks 3D Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMike View Post
I rencently finished a two week wave of doing the regular squat bar and blue bands for speed work. On our mono at Stroud's, the base is thicker to get more band tension for the blue band is roughly 320 of tensoin for me. This past week I finished with 2x235, 2x285, 2x325, 2x375. On bench, I am having trouble in the katanna Titan sent me, but I have not had too many sessions in it. I used a single ply f-6 for training and took 475 down to the 2 board this week. It felt GREAT! I am 5 weeks from the Ironman now....my flight is booked, entry fee in....now I just got to get there in 1 piece and perform!
First....kick ass at the Ironman!!!!!!

2nd, if you need any help with the katana let me know. Been in and out of one for 2 years. Also saw you were in Texas, dont know how far you are from Mike Wolmack, but he is one of the best in the world in a single ply shirt.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #102
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How's the training MM?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #103
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

For those who have not seen the results, yes, i bombed AGAIN at the Ironman....I hit a great squat (660 SMOKE show, shoulda gone 700, but I missed my opener and took it again). Training started again last week....just been doing more base work.....going to ramp it up next week. On a side note, I want to post about sponsorship: How do some of you do it lol? If you have one...PROPS...you probably earned it and have done some amazing things in this sport.....but I see and have met some guys who, in my exclusive opinion, do not have anythig marketable about them and to be honest, are not very good lifters, that are sponsored....I guess its who you know not what you know/have done. Supplement sponsorship for a powerlifter is rare, but I know lots of people who have gear sponsors like Titan or Inzer, and when I hear their numbers I am like "really?". OR even better, I go to a meet and beat them. Maybe I am just jealous, but the real reason of the post is....how do you do it LOL? I have yet to have a gear sponsor or even be approached by one, and I have won Best Lifter at a World Championship and put up some consistently big numbers for the 148s on a World Level and I consistently compete on a big stage (Pro meets, Nationals, Worlds, ect). Hell I even know people in my weight class who I have beat who are sponsored. If anyone knows anything or has advice, or knows someone in the industry that could help me and put my name out there, do let me know! Because I am completely lost and would love to take my lifting to the next level.
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #104
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100 Points: 1,548,567, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
For those who have not seen the results, yes, i bombed AGAIN at the Ironman
Did see it, and was sorry to hear about it.

Quote:
On a side note, I want to post about sponsorship: How do some of you do it lol?
We offer minor sponsorships here. About $50 a meet, but the catch is that you have to keep a consistent log and be an active member of the community, meaning you generally post at least a couple times a day outside your log.

This is not really pushed as a requirement as much as it is the site supporting active members. PM me for more info.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #105
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Got antsy and did chain suspended GM for ME lower today. Matt wants me to start doing triples to try and put some muscle mass on and build a good base.....I worked up to 365 for a triple. I then did the following for assistance:

Anderson squats: 6x3 with 585
GHR: 4x12
Lat pull downs: 4x12 with 180
Weight rope crunch: 4x20 with 100lbs

felt great! I'm not on a diet right now so my energy is up from my food intake.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #106
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

Today I continued with doing my triples...i am doing ME bench today because I will be handling a friend and training partner at a meet this weekend..here it is:

Floor press: worked up to 275x3
Concentric pin presses from chest 8x1
JM presses: 3x12
side delt raises: 3x12
rows and shrugs: 3x12 for both
abs: 4x25 with 100 lbs

Out...fast workout...fiance's parents are coming into town this weekend so she has had me at home cleaning the house LOL...had to get back to it.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #107
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,855, Level: 100 Points: 36,855, Level: 100 Points: 36,855, Level: 100
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Solid work. Good luck with the in-laws

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #108
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Out...fast workout...fiance's parents are coming into town this weekend so she has had me at home cleaning the house LOL...had to get back to it.
We're doing the same thing.

When you looking at competing next?

Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #109
Kuytrider
Kuytrider
is Yosif Zhelyazko Lynch
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60

Training Exp: 4
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

You are certainly living up to your username! 585 for reps on Anderson squats is amazing
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #110
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We're doing the same thing.

When you looking at competing next?
Doing the Pro/AM in August....I love competing against the best multiply guys in the world....it also gives me almost 20 weeks to prep..plenty of time to figure a solid game plan

Share with Facebook