MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts
Default Mike Anderson Powerlifting Training Log

I am new to the forum and this will be my first post! A little about me: I am a 23 yr old powerlifter from Texas. I am the head powerlifting coach at Coontail Barbell. You can check my videos out on youtube @ youtube.com/user/gablebarber I have a pro total and have competed @ 132, 148, and 165. I won the 2009 WPA World Title and was Best Lifter for the meet. I recently won the 2010 Powerstation Pro/AM 148 Class Pro division. I am also a UPA World Junior Record Holder. I am currently training for APF Junior Nationals in about 3 weeks! Now for the good stuff:

4-28-11

Bench:

Today was my last heavy bench day:

bar for 2x10
135 1x10
225 1x5
315 1x1 off a 2 bd.

Added Inzer denim

315 x2 off 3 bd
405 x1 off 2 bd
405 x1 off 1 bd
425 x2 off 2 bd

DONE! The WPC World Record is 396 on bench....I plan to open at 407! I was really trying to dial in my technique with the shirt, especially because I am down 9 lbs already!
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Abaddon
Abaddon
is scrutinising your form
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
My Mood: Devilish
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Welcome to the forum Mike - I am looking forward to reading about your training.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the forum MM. Looking forward to seeing you smash some PRs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Today was cardio.....A little more about me: I walk anywhere from 170-145 lbs on the year depending on what meet, class, ect ect.....Over the past few years I have gotten it down to a science on how to drop my body weight into a lower weight class. I know exactly how much water I can cut, how long it will take, how to replenish, and how to diet down. I want to compete at 148...and right now I am about 164, so I know right now I can cut all the water (10%) an be okay, however...it is not at all comfortable. Being that I am still 3 weeks out, I will try to diet down more. my goal is to cut about 7-8% in water weight.....my diet is not drastic, but clean...mainly...I do 30 min cardio in the morning, bright and early (6am) and on an empty stomach...I usually take 2 b-12 pills and 2 green tea extracts before I go. I go back in the evening and do a higher intensity session of 45min-1 hr. I do this 4 times a week....usually I can maintain a weight and eat whatever, whenever by doing this.....I'll try to post something soon about how I cut weight, I know alot of people want to know the tricks of the trade, so hopefully I can give them some ideas to help!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100 Points: 33,381, Level: 100
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Great to have you onboard! Welcome to MAB!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Szelago
Szelago
120 lbs LOST!!!
44 yr bulk phase complete
Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
My Mood: Inspired
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

Welcome MM.
Looks like this gonna be a fun log!

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #7
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

Thanks everyone!

Share with Facebook
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
MonsterMike
MonsterMike
has no status.
Brawn

deadlift day:

I will pull my opener full gear in a few days, so today was just speed work. I did 225 with a mini band for 12 doubles. I really tried to focus on my technique. I also did 2 30 min cardio sessions. A lot of what I am doing now is deloading and resting for the meet...at this point in the training, I know I am likely not going to get any "stronger", but dialing in my technique and getting my mind right is going to be the keys to my success.

Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
gaspers04
gaspers04
is "Thickneck McBenchpress"
Max Brawn
Points: 16,960, Level: 83 Points: 16,960, Level: 83 Points: 16,960, Level: 83
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Brooding
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Nice solid work Mike.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 05-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,148, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMike View Post
deadlift day:

I will pull my opener full gear in a few days, so today was just speed work. I did 225 with a mini band for 12 doubles. I really tried to focus on my technique. I also did 2 30 min cardio sessions. A lot of what I am doing now is deloading and resting for the meet...at this point in the training, I know I am likely not going to get any "stronger", but dialing in my technique and getting my mind right is going to be the keys to my success.
Great attitude. Keep charging hard.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook