Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Creatine should be used every day.

I would take some sort of BCAAs/Xtend on off days while cutting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #12
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
Another question. Do I need to be drinking the Xtend with the amino acids and creatine on days I do not work out?
YES, if thats were you are getting your BCAA and creatine from. Off days is when you are recovering and growing. In the gym you are tearing your body down even though when your pumped you look bigger and feel bigger.

Here are the macro's for your LBM of 158.

Pro= 202, Carb= 135, Fat= 50. This will be for retain most possible muscle and drop 1.5-2 lbs a week. week 2 or 3 start 1 re-feed day a week being 100 carbs over cut carbs. You will gain weight the next day but that glucagen stores refilling. Its like 1 step backward to make 3 forward. This will get you to were you want to go. There are many cut plans and they all are because to get super ripped everyone needs a different plan as there body is different from anyone else. BUT this is general and works for anyone to get down low at least.
Super Ripped unless you go on stage is a unrealistic goal. So don't kill yourself over it and look at 50 million BEST cutting plans. Stick with a basic that works for all people.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 04-26-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
wevie
wevie
Working on Cutting 20lbs
New Brawn
Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5 Points: 292, Level: 5
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 on and off
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press or Bicep Curl
Fav Supp: Not Sure Yet
My Mood: Happy
wevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality posts

So as long as I eat clean food and stick that plan, I don't need to work so much about how many calories I eat? I assume that as long as I eat that amount of each, the calories will work out too. Is there a certain day of the week I should add the extra 100 carbs?

How many carbs should I be adding to the post workout drink?

My goal is to have a flat stomach. If I have a little abs showing that would be super!

Thanks so much for taking the time to figure that up for me.
wevie is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
So as long as I eat clean food and stick that plan, I don't need to work so much about how many calories I eat? I assume that as long as I eat that amount of each, the calories will work out too. Is there a certain day of the week I should add the extra 100 carbs?

How many carbs should I be adding to the post workout drink?

My goal is to have a flat stomach. If I have a little abs showing that would be super!

Thanks so much for taking the time to figure that up for me.
If you stay with in 5g of each macro you will hit you cal needs within 10-20 cals every time and as hungry as you may get yor body will remain healthy. When you just count cals you have no idea were the ratio is for fat store depletion.
Yes pick 1 day a week to be a re-feed. you can move this day around a couple days for special days like a party or something but keep minumom 3-4 days between them and only 1 each calander week.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #15
wevie
wevie
Working on Cutting 20lbs
New Brawn

wevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality postswevie has made some quality posts

Awesome. Thanks again for the advice. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
wevie
wevie
Working on Cutting 20lbs
New Brawn

So while I am on this cut plan, how much cardio should I be doing? Should I also take into consideration as to what I do during the day as well? Like today, I push mowed three yards. I know that is not cardio, but it is still moving and burning a few calories.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #17
Rich Knapp
Rich Knapp
100% Natural Bodybuilder
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
So while I am on this cut plan, how much cardio should I be doing? Should I also take into consideration as to what I do during the day as well? Like today, I push mowed three yards. I know that is not cardio, but it is still moving and burning a few calories.
Only enough Cardio to keep in the 1.5-2 lb weight loss. To much cardio is just as bad as not enough.
Maybe start with 3 days a week for 20 min's and see were that takes you.

Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
So while I am on this cut plan, how much cardio should I be doing?
I agree with Rich.

While I am no cardio bunny myself right now, I do speak with bodybuilders each day and most all of them say to start slow. 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes is a good place to begin.

Far too many people make the mistake of jumping into cardio 6 days a week for an hour without a reason and end up losing muscle.

Dial in your cutting diet and only tweak cardio if you feel like your body needs more.

Correct em if I am wrong here Rich...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #19
Osfrch
Osfrch
has no status.
Banned
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Osfrch is off to a bad start

Thanks so much Guys
for sharing such useful information about the Carbs.
Osfrch is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #20
wevie
wevie
Working on Cutting 20lbs
New Brawn

So I learned today how little 135 carbs are. I have to really be careful not to go over those. I have no problems with the protein or the fat but the carbs will be harder to stay at esp when I need to have around 25 in the morning and another 25 in the post workout fuel.

I have a question about the creatine. I have been drinking it about 45 minutes before working out but I read somewhere today that maybe I should be taking about 5 grams for times a day. Which is it?

Plus, I am gonna get a pre workout product next week so I will using that before working out. Also, I had not bee using it on non workout days so when would be best on those days? Or does most of those have it in it anyway?

Last edited by wevie; 04-27-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Share with Facebook