Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
BigTallOx
BigTallOx
MOTIVATED!
NAS Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,870, Level: 44 Points: 4,870, Level: 44 Points: 4,870, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machine

Default Strongman contest preparation

It looks like I'm doing Arizona's Strongest Man on May 7th. We've had a pretty cool spring this year, to give an idea of how cool, last week (April 3-9 ) I probably got about 30" of snow at my house ( as it fell, temps were mostly above freezing so the most that was in the yard was probably about 8"). Snow's all gone now, but days still barely break 60F, if that. The show is outside, and I think the average temp down in Phoenix for early May is low 90's. That's going to be a pretty big change for me given our weather lately. Do any of you guys out there who compete in strongman do anything special to adapt to stuff like that. I'm worried it's going to negatively affect my performance. Any advice will be appreciated.

330 farmers 40 feet 12 seconds
545 deadlift double overhand no straps
700 pound tire, 50 feet, 30 seconds

www.bigtallox.com

"BIG sums this man up. He hasn't scratched his potential yet. With some work he will be one of the top HW masters in the US if he keeps at it." - Jay Hagadorn

Last edited by BigTallOx; 04-11-2011 at 10:00 PM.
BigTallOx is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links