Max Brawn
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Have a couple beers for me too while you're at it! I'm not fussy, French, Swedish, whatever. As long as it has an appreciable alcohol content, I am content, too!

Seriously, two weeks away will do you good. You work so hard all the time. Just imagine coming back to the barbell after two weeks without any pain whatsoever. We all enjoy a certain amount of pain, that's why we push, but enough is enough. Think about it, your next starting point will be so much higher than where you started, it'll be fun to push the limits next time around.

Good luck!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #702
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 34,957, Level: 100 Points: 34,957, Level: 100 Points: 34,957, Level: 100
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Having lived there the French do a nice line in girly, fruity beers but that's where their expertise ends. Germany is where it's at for beer!

Have a great one Jim and chug a few for me.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #703
Spartigus
Spartigus
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Sleepy
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Hope you heal up fast mate!

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training – and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #704
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 23,869, Level: 94 Points: 23,869, Level: 94 Points: 23,869, Level: 94
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
But.. it's FRENCH!? What do the French actually know about beer??

Seriously, I hope the strain heals pretty quickly, and I know exactly how you feel about the withdrawal. Just take it easy, work on the cardio, and come back to the weights with a vengeance when the physio clears you.
Haha - apparently quite a bit. I had a friend taste it first, as I haven't had a beer in 7+ years, so I forgot what it should taste like. He said it was pretty good!!

Thanks Ken - I'll be working hard on my cut for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Though I trust Canadians and their beer, I'm not sure about French Canadians...

Did they advice any exercise at all Jim, or just for you to keep your back end in a chair?
The beer is from France, not French Canada. I won't be doing much laying around, as it is too pianfull to get up or out of bed. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Well, in the grand scheme of things, 2 weeks isn't long. You'll be back progressing and smashing PB's in no time at all. Keep in mind man, it could be something serious and could be surgery and 6 months off.
You'll be back before you know it.
Thanks Josh. Thanks for the reminder that the glass is always half full. Your right, things could always be worse. I am going to make the best of this by working on my diet and getting some extra cardio in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Have a couple beers for me too while you're at it! I'm not fussy, French, Swedish, whatever. As long as it has an appreciable alcohol content, I am content, too!

Seriously, two weeks away will do you good. You work so hard all the time. Just imagine coming back to the barbell after two weeks without any pain whatsoever. We all enjoy a certain amount of pain, that's why we push, but enough is enough. Think about it, your next starting point will be so much higher than where you started, it'll be fun to push the limits next time around.

Good luck!
I'll have 6 beers in your honor!!

You hit the nail the head - enough was enough when I couldn't even lay down on my bench to bench press. I did end up laying on the bench, but could not get up for 10 mins - I ended up having to roll off of it onto the floor. Your right, everything happens for a reason, and I'll be all-new and improved in a few weeks. Thanks Mike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Having lived there the French do a nice line in girly, fruity beers but that's where their expertise ends. Germany is where it's at for beer!

Have a great one Jim and chug a few for me.

LtL
Beggars cannot be choosers - so I'll take the gay fruity beer and roll with it. LOL - I reckon the Germans have an all-round more masculine image - ie fast cars and great beer. I'll also have a few beers in your honor Al!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
Hope you heal up fast mate!
Thanks so much Spart - I'll be all-new and rip roarin' ready to SFHW in a few weeks - look out world, the SquatterBeast will be unleashed!! And Angry!!
Bench: 253 lbs
Deadlift: 463 lbs
Total: 1119 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 290 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1295 Lbs
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #705
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Once again - thanks to all of my fellow Mabbers and Brothers' and Sister here for all the support and encouragement. I really do feel much better after reading my journal today - you all put a big smile on my face.

I am really glad my low back is healed and that this new issue has nothing to do with it. This tells me I did successfully work around my injury. As luck would have it, I just happened to get a new one right after the old one healed up.

I am going to take some of this extra time to make my diet 100% perfect. I would say I am 95% of the way there now. I have, of course, no fast food, no processed, and no junk food already, but there was some room for improvement still. It is now about 70% organic as well and consists of only fresh meat, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, fresh dairy, and gluten free grains. It follows the eat clean principles to the letter. I also follow the GOMBS principle as well (Greens (spinach), Onions, Mushrooms, Beans, Berries and seeds. I will be having fresh meat everyday. I also have received my order of Holy Crap Cereal. I will be eating as close to perfect as you can get.

I will also be working hard on my cardio - I smell a 26 mile marathon coming up I may also do some lake swimming this weekend.

Gym PR's:

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #706
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100 Points: 1,351,351, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I will also be working hard on my cardio - I smell a 26 mile marathon coming up I may also do some lake swimming this weekend.
Nice. I hate driving that far...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #707
MC
MC
is plotting World Domination from the Phantom Zone
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Just got back from Physio. I have a strain of the Intercostal between ribs 11 & 12. He knew what it was as soon as he had me inhale deeply. He treated me by muscle stimulation ( some machine with electrodes that caused a tingling sensation) and some heat, then ultrasound ( a device like a pen that he rubbed the affected area) and then a massage. I have a second treatment booked for Tuesday.

He ordered me to cease lifting for a minimum of 2 weeks I am already experiencing withdrawal If after 2 weeks of treatments I still have the issue, he said he will have my M.D. take another Xray.

On the bright side, he said my spine and lower back are just fine and found no probs there, and that this intercostal strain is in no way related to my recent low back issues.

Dang it anyway - I was going to go waterskiing at my brothers' cottage this weekend. There is a bright side here - a co-worker of Mrs Squatter found a gluten-free beer in a local liquor store. I literally couldn't believe it.

Microbrewery : Les bières de la Nouvelle-France [ Discover our gluten-free beer! ]

I bought 2 cases and I am going to drown my sorrows in it this weekend.
All that beer needs a few good movies. Might I suggest ShawShank Redemption and A Few Good Men?

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #708
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
But I love ellipticalling that far!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
All that beer needs a few good movies. Might I suggest ShawShank Redemption and A Few Good Men?
Thanks Nard - those are 2 exxcellent choices. Borher has a satellite dish, so we usually end up watching a pay per view - something everyone can agree on.

Gym PR's:

Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #709
CLEEPER
CLEEPER
says like NIke "Just do it"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,239, Level: 46 Points: 5,239, Level: 46 Points: 5,239, Level: 46
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
My Mood: Amused
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:

Thanks Nard - those are 2 exxcellent choices. Borher has a satellite dish, so we usually end up watching a pay per view - something everyone can agree on.
Hall pass was pretty funny if you can get it.

Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #710
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:

Quote:
Not an outdoor marathon? I thought you meant like the London marathon...blisters and all

Share with Facebook