Max Brawn
Points: 26,491, Level: 97 Points: 26,491, Level: 97 Points: 26,491, Level: 97
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Have to agree with everything JB said Jim! I couldn't have said it any better, or even as well haha If you have something that you are truly passionate about, then you need to pursue it with the same intensity that you are chasing that 500 pull with! No one has control over your choices but you! I know you will succeed in anything you set your sights on.

That is all (well except nice benching too)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That had to hurt. Life is about more than making cash. I don't make a great living but I love what I do.

I hope you get this sorted Jim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
JB nailed it. Amazing the obstacles put in your way. I mean everyone has naysayers to ignore, but sheesh. My wife has a rich aunt who does the same thing, all help has strings attached. We just ignore her and move on. My .02 is never let someone use their money to control you. Stick to your guns and he'll either come back to you on your terms or it's his loss. You'll figure it out.

Bench looked good. Loved the Starsky and Hutch car! Rock on Jimbo.
Aw, you guys sure have a knack for lifting me up, which is why I share pretty much everything with all of you. Thanks so much.

Interesting idea to write a book - you really think my life is that interesting? I am thinking that that is something Lisa would also love to help with and be involved in. She is such a fantastic writer and it would be an honour to work with her on it. Eevn Steve i am sure would be able to help with editing!!

This was never supposed to be about money. I reckon as a businessman, he wants to see a rate of return on his investment. I can't swing the course financially on my own, so it's over on that front.

However, I am going to put alot of thought into a few things in the next few weeks. His offer also is valid for Mrs Squatter as well, so she is also thinking of a few things.

What hurt the most is that he thinks of the lifting and everything associated with it as just an entertainment thing and that I should be spending more time on my potential new career. Well, I did that already, and he shot it down.

I was able to dispense of my anger on the Monolift today. I am good as new!! Squats are so damn therapeutic!
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #5122
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

SQUATS WITH THE CREW

I was able to direct my remaining anger at the lifts today. The boys were really happy with my effort today, and so was I. The double @405 is a big PR match, but back then I was 238 lbs and I am 210 today. Depth was not spectacular, but I was told legal. It was also kinda ballsy for me, as the 385 triple pretty much gassed me. However, when you have pro football players and the Boss Brian spotting and looking on, it inspires me to give everything I got and then some.

Best thing is is that I am still 100% healthy, lower back is just dandy, and bigger and better things are on the way. I could never say that before when I last did these kinds of weights.

Squat
105 X5
145 X3
165 X3
195 X3
235 X3
285 X3
305 X3
335 X3
Add Wraps
345 X3
365 X3
385 X3 Vid
405 X2 Vid

Cleans
95 X1
135 X1
155 X1
175 x1

GHR
BW X10
BW X10
BW X10

Leg Press
3 PPS X8
4 PPS X8
5 PPS X8
5 PPS X8
3 PPS X12
3 PPS X12

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #5123
Kag94
Kag94
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23 Points: 1,679, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Sqwartz
Fav Supp: Caffeine
Kag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good postsKag94 has made some good posts

Awesome job Squatter!!

Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #5124
EliteDreams
EliteDreams
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,254, Level: 72 Points: 12,254, Level: 72 Points: 12,254, Level: 72
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
My Mood: Asleep
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Maintaining your strength, and increasing, at a lower weight is awesome Jim! Never, ever ever stop!

I want you to know that your strength through these times builds me up. You didn't jump off a building. Your uncles choices in life were based off his own circumstances, interests and motivations.

Don't ever do something, or not do, if you think you will regret it later!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #5125
ravimolasaria
ravimolasaria
Wanted to be as strong as a polar bear ...
Max Brawn
Points: 25,192, Level: 95 Points: 25,192, Level: 95 Points: 25,192, Level: 95

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
My Mood: Yeehaw
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
SQUATS WITH THE CREW
Squat
105 X5 145 X3 165 X3 195 X3 235 X3 285 X3 305 X3 335 X3
Add Wraps
345 X3 365 X3 385 X3 Vid 405 X2 Vid

Cleans
95 X1 135 X1 155 X1 175 x1

GHR
BW X10 BW X10 BW X10

Leg Press
3 PPS X8 4 PPS X8 5 PPS X8 5 PPS X8 3 PPS X12 3 PPS X12
Very very strong squatting super Jim ... Great volume also ... Awesome working brother ... keep pushing your limits as you always do ...

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #5126
I WILL
I WILL
says"will there be snacks?"
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Inspired
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Sorry I missed the whole thing Jim. You are amazing and awesome and you know what? Money doesn't matter if you don't have your health you have nothing. Your Uncle doesn't get it. He has never had such health issues to deal with. Anything like that always comes with strings attached.

You have to follow your heart and it will pan out. I promise you. I would be happy to help you in anyway I can.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #5127
Off Road
Off Road
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

That's some mighty fine Squatting!!!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #5128
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kag94 View Post
Awesome job Squatter!!
Thanks Kag!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Maintaining your strength, and increasing, at a lower weight is awesome Jim! Never, ever ever stop!

I want you to know that your strength through these times builds me up. You didn't jump off a building. Your uncles choices in life were based off his own circumstances, interests and motivations.

Don't ever do something, or not do, if you think you will regret it later!
I never will stop Ben! Lifting is in my DNA. I agree, he was being very selfish. It was a rough 2 hours for sure. Lots to think about for me. I am certainly done with regrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Very very strong squatting super Jim ... Great volume also ... Awesome working brother ... keep pushing your limits as you always do ...
Thanks Ravi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
Sorry I missed the whole thing Jim. You are amazing and awesome and you know what? Money doesn't matter if you don't have your health you have nothing. Your Uncle doesn't get it. He has never had such health issues to deal with. Anything like that always comes with strings attached.

You have to follow your heart and it will pan out. I promise you. I would be happy to help you in anyway I can.
No need to apologize Lisa!! It always brightens my day tho when you are online here at MAB and especially in my journal. Indeed, job 1 this year was looking after my health, and is now to keep it. He indeed doesn't get it, and I couldn't convey thast to him. Just wouldn't listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
That's some mighty fine Squatting!!!
Thanks OR!! And no leaning!!

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #5129
dzarello
dzarello
5/3/1
Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,207, Level: 51 Points: 6,207, Level: 51 Points: 6,207, Level: 51
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Lurking
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member

Strong deads, benching and squatting Jimmy Tree Trunks!

Keep your head up Jim! Let your heart be your guide, not your uncle. You will figure it out.

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #5130
moeheep
moeheep
wants a 900lb Total
Max Brawn
Points: 9,286, Level: 64 Points: 9,286, Level: 64 Points: 9,286, Level: 64
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

SSSJ.....I had a job 20+ yrs ago that paid over $80,000 easily over 120,000 in todays money...I HATED IT!!!! One of the best things I did was the day I walked out. Next job paid 7.50 an hour.....went from corvette to a saturn, wife went from lincoln to a chevette....we went from a 14 room house to a trailer.......on the other side, I was home a LOT more, and my toddler son actually knew who I was.....since then I have done different things, for different pay scales, and always been happier with lower paying jobs that I liked doing a lot more...

Do what is in your heart, you passion, not only will you love it, you will be great at it. dont ever close the door on anything....you never know what lies in the cards!!

Great workouts by the way!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook