Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #1101
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,505,679, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,679, Level: 100 Points: 1,505,679, Level: 100
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice work Jim. How's that back holding up?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #1102
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Jim your feet are still angled out and you're still leaning forward at the bottom to make depth. It doesn't look like you've changed your foot angle or width at all.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #1103
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 26,946, Level: 97 Points: 26,946, Level: 97 Points: 26,946, Level: 97
Activity: 80% Activity: 80% Activity: 80%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Way to rebound Squatter!!! Man, your RDL numbers are simply beast mode. Very impressive!!!!!!
Also you make those Zerker squats look easy!
Thanks so much Big J. I love RDL's and I am very motivated to get to 405 eventually. I did notice my back rounded on the last 2-3 reps, so I have a bit of work to do, or I may lower the reps down to 6. The rep range is 6-8, so 6 reps will still be good to go.

Zercher Squats felt so good as I haven't done them in a long time. It's great to mix things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Great past few sessions Squatter, I'm jealous of all the PR's been thrown around!
Thanks Pull!! It's tough to set some PR's on this cut, but I need to have at least one per session. I am hoping after a deload next cycle that I will feel stronger to keep the PR's coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice work Jim. How's that back holding up?
Thanks Steve. Back is doing great. I still have some slight tenderness in that intercostal, but it doesn't bother me at all. Lower back is 100%
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1300 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #1104
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Jim your feet are still angled out and you're still leaning forward at the bottom to make depth. It doesn't look like you've changed your foot angle or width at all.

LtL
I thought I had made some progress WRT sitting back, as, like I said, I felt all my weight on my heels. However, it looks like I will have to go back to the drawing board. My first set, my feet were wider and toes angled more in, but it felt awkward. I think then I mentally went back to my old habit. However, I thought this time it was OK because of how I thought I was sitting back.

I'm going to reset the weight back down to 225, work on this Al, and when I can consistently squat properly, I will progress by 5 lbs per session instead of 10. The 275 felt like a ton of bricks, and that might have had something to do with this. I simply do not seem to have the squat strength and confidence I used to have

I am going to work hard to correct this AL, and I will get to the point where you & I will be proud of my squat.

Box squats are up next later this week.

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 07:59 AM   #1105
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

You're sitting back until you get close to depth and then because your stance is too narrow, you're leaning forward. Watch the bar, it goes straight down until near the hole and then you can see it move forward. I used to think this was due to the heavy weights pulling your weak upper back out of it's arch but your upper back is NOT weak, it's a stance issue.

Foot angle won't necessarily affect you in the short term although in the long run it leaves you weaker and more susceptible to injuries.

LtL

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #1106
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
You're sitting back until you get close to depth and then because your stance is too narrow, you're leaning forward. Watch the bar, it goes straight down until near the hole and then you can see it move forward. I used to think this was due to the heavy weights pulling your weak upper back out of it's arch but your upper back is NOT weak, it's a stance issue.

Foot angle won't necessarily affect you in the short term although in the long run it leaves you weaker and more susceptible to injuries.

LtL
OK Thanks Al. Always great to know why it is so important for me to hammer into my head how vital it is for me to widen that stance. I promise to get it done next time and get a front view vid. Like I said, once I can consistently do this correctly, then I will progress in weight. I have been inconsistent with all my squats lately to say the least.

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #1107
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn

Make sure you get front and side vid's so we can see properly.

LtL

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #1108
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Great session Jim!

With regard to what LtL said about the knees and toes, if you stop the vid when you get to the bottom of the squat and then look at the leg, you'll see that the kneecap looks to be facing directly forwards whereas the toes (foot) are angled outward.

The goal is to get the front of the kneecap facing the same way as the toes. You could attach lights/small torch to your thigh and to top of your foot and see where they light up on a wall, when you're at the bottom of the squat. j/k, but you get the idea, both lights, in theory, should end up directly above one another on the wall if the front of the kneecap and toes are pointing in the same direction.

You'll get there!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #1109
MC
MC
is plotting World Domination from the Phantom Zone
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Most excellent work in the continued weight loss. Fitting into old jeans = WIN!

Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #1110
Squatter
Squatter
is a Crazy Canuck
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Make sure you get front and side vid's so we can see properly.

LtL
Ok Big Al - 2 vids upcoming on all squat days (Box, Front, and back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Great session Jim!

With regard to what LtL said about the knees and toes, if you stop the vid when you get to the bottom of the squat and then look at the leg, you'll see that the kneecap looks to be facing directly forwards whereas the toes (foot) are angled outward.

The goal is to get the front of the kneecap facing the same way as the toes. You could attach lights/small torch to your thigh and to top of your foot and see where they light up on a wall, when you're at the bottom of the squat. j/k, but you get the idea, both lights, in theory, should end up directly above one another on the wall if the front of the kneecap and toes are pointing in the same direction.

You'll get there!
Thanks Babs!! Even tho I didn't squat properly again, I gave the session all I had in the tank and I am still sore today. I did see exactly what you and Al mean. I know what I have to do, and why. It's now a matter of putting this into consistent practice. I have gotten it right some sessions lately.

It certainly is frustrating and emotional, to say the least, that I forgot how to squat since that last cycle 8 and 9 on 531, and the subsequent injury. It's sometimes a bit embarassing, but i have always put my sessions out there, good or bad, and I am glad I have. I used to be a good squatter, and I don't know what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Most excellent work in the continued weight loss. Fitting into old jeans = WIN!
Thanks NardBro. They are such awesome jeans that I look so good in!!

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Share with Facebook