Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #71
old school
old school
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21 Points: 1,428, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: barbell hack squats
Fav Supp: milk
My Mood: Chatty
old school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality postsold school has made some quality posts

Thanks for the input MC , I just thought a high bodyfat meant a big belly but I'm not fat right?

How long will it take to bulk up and gain 10lbs of muscle?
old school is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #72
Trevor Ross
Trevor Ross
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheerful
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallOx View Post
No, bulking and cutting isn't a thing of the past... Only the cutting part is, bulk bulk bulk bulk!
Ahhh go pull a semi...you big ox!
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2011, 04:11 AM   #73
Carl1174
Carl1174
is trying to take the first step in a long road back...
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
My Mood: Bashful
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school View Post
Thanks for the input MC , I just thought a high bodyfat meant a big belly but I'm not fat right?

Depending on training experience, age etc you could look to add that in a bout a year or so.

If you added 10lbs of muscle with minimum fat gain it would make a BIG difference to how you look, it would also reduce your bodyfat%, then when you cut down to say about 12-14% you could look very good.

6' tall and 165-170lbs of lbm and 12-14% bf would make you stand out in most gyms

Trouble is people copmpare their stats to the overinflated (often fictional) stats of the 'geared' pros and think they cant look big unless they really are massive. It is also down to bone size as well... if you have 16" arms and a 6.5" wrist they will 'look' bigger than 16" arms and a 7.5" wrist... A lot of the time it is illusionary. Remember as you lose fat and get more definied people will tell you you 'look' bigger even though you are actually losing weight !!!

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #74
MC
MC
is plotting World Domination from the Phantom Zone
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school View Post

No, I don't think you are fat. I rarely think anyone is "fat". I am becoming less and less of a believer that being extra lean and having a 6-pack is (my) ideal. Pack on more muscle and no one will think you are fat-- you won't either.

Carl gave some good advice about the time frame, although you could possible get to 10+ pounds quicker, but that will likely mean more fat gain.

I've gained about 17 pounds since November 1st and maybe 10-11 of it has been muscle/water. The rest, definitely fat.

Share with Facebook